help me think of health hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (29 posts)
  1. willmcwryter profile image56
    willmcwryterposted 8 years ago

i want to be a hubpages feature health author.  what are good health problems to write about?

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You are the latest DasEngal suspect. Or are we wrong?

Not necessarily a bad thing by the way... lol

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Will, I would not recommend writing on health topics.  Just do some Googling - there are thousands of articles about every health topic you can think of, so there is FAR too much competition.  There are also many health articles on HubPages, including several by qualified doctors and nurses, and by people who have actually experienced the diseases they write about.  So unless you have expertise or direct experience, you will be competing with people who can write much better articles than you.

Write about what you know about.

You really are bored, aren't you?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm in Southampton, of course I'm bored.

1. theraggededge profile image96
            theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I'm a couple hundred miles away. I'm bored too.

Not really - must write 1000 words by lunchtime.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
              DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am a couple thousand miles away, and by taking the time to read this forum I guess I enter the ranks of the bored. Nothing to write, nothing to read, no work for a few hours.

2. willmcwryter profile image56
        willmcwryterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

i will just respond to your post because you are the most popular person here so far and i don't want to risk my reputation by responding to these others outside the popular writers circle. us featured writers have to stick together and maintain our distance from those beneath us.

i see what your saying about competing with other people who can write much better articles than me, but on the otherhand i am also competing with people who can write much worse articles than me. it will even out.  plus i am a featured writer on hubpages after only being here a few weeks so i think a have a better shot than most.

i also like your idea about gunshot wounds i have not been shot yet but i live in a bad naighborhood so who knows any day now it could happen! i also like your idea about transgender but i don't know what dwight and carla have to do with it, that's just fiction! sorry if you took my story literal.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLOL big_smile He's got a sense of humour.

To write decent health articles, you need to have some credibility in that field. You can't go handing out advice about health issues unless you are medically trained. It is possible to get sued by doing so. Unlikely, but possible. You can write a health article if you are writing about your own personal experience.

Again, Will, we're *all* featured writers.

You changed their names. I don't think anyone took it literally, dear one.

How about writing about injuries a famous actor has sustained by doing his/her own stunts? I don't know of any particular ones, but you can do the research.

3. SheilaMilne profile image92
      SheilaMilneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You're well on the way to transgender issues with your story of Dwaine and Carli who turned into Dawn and Carlos, before (or possibly after) they had twins.

4. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you could write about multiple personalities. Like the Three Faces of Eve.

2. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 8 years ago

Unfortunately, "how to cure cancer by eating sandwiches" has already been taken.

Maybe something about healing broken bones with massage and raw parsley?

Help in healing gunshot wounds would be sought out by a certain crowd. Is there an herbal remedy for gunshot wounds?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Help in healing gunshot wounds would be sought out by a certain crowd. Is there an herbal remedy for gunshot wounds?"

True story -- A farmer friend used to treat any wound (after removing any foreign substance like a bullet) by pouring sugar and turpentine into it, That usually worked well out in the farthest field where he could not get to a doctor. It stopped the bleeding of handsaw cuts as well. He always did go see the doctor ASAP afterward.

Will the billions of Texans who are now carrying arms openly be in the market for an herbal gunshot wound cure soon? Maybe, but sugar/turpentine is not an herb and people should go or be taken to the doctor/hospital if shot. In Preventive Medicine, we advise people not to get shot.

Haven't seen you in awhile. How ya been?

Doing pretty well, Para O'digm (I'm getting ready for St. Patrick's Day)  lol

Italics wrong?

Begorrah!

Play?

Immediately.

Here.

2. SmartAndFun profile image93
        SmartAndFunposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You should write a hub outlining this remedy.

Good idea. I'll attempt to gather all the specifics and the info about why it works.

3. willmcwryter profile image56
    willmcwryterposted 8 years ago

maybe i should just write a health poem

4. Baby-Boomer-58 profile image71
    Baby-Boomer-58posted 8 years ago

Hello McWriter. I have seen you in recent forums suggesting cigarettes are good for meeting girls, and talking about butt kissing. Perhaps you could start with those two health issues. It looks like you could come up with lots of ideas ....

5. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 8 years ago

Years that were...

6. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 8 years ago

Jeez, been a long road.

7. moumita mallick profile image38
    moumita mallickposted 8 years ago

It would be great if you can share your personalise experience about getting fit or losing weight. You can also state your diet along with the time period which you have been following to help your readers

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)