Orlando massacre by supporter of Radical Islam .

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (74 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

In the same day  of the Orlando Fl.  massacre   AND   before the bodies are even cleared from the  crime scene  ,  our  leader Pres. Barrack Obama  calls out the  perpetrators  of this terrorist attack  with much strength  ,  character and true leadership ,
    He  blames that radical American gun owner .

1. Ken Burgess profile image75
      Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

He was allowed to purchase firearms AND pass a background check allowing him to become a Security Guard, even though he was interviewed three times by the FBI in 2013 and 2014 following separate reports of extremist behavior and connections to terrorism, and having relations with known terrorists that had traveled back and forth from Afghanistan and Syria to America.
      These are the facts, make of them what you want.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Finally in and because of  election year politics - President Obama  , Calls it an act of terrorism ,
        I'm impressed .

This man , in spite of being investigated by the FBI- 3 times , was able to purchase  3 firearms !
        Doe's anyone see the missed connections  with  FBI background checks and politics ?
        In other words , If we allow gun violence , we can then  project the direction of the  anti gun debate ?
        Don't think it cannot happen .

1. GA Anderson profile image89
          GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have heard that candidate Trump has a Minority Report-style program ready to roll out in his first 100 days. That should take care of those "missed connections."

GA

2. profile image0
        promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There were no missed connections. A mentally unstable man was allowed to buy an assault rifle and murder 49 people because the NRA destroys any politician who favors background checks or bans on assault rifles.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Um, a radical American gun owner was 100% responsible. Police spoke to him at the scene before he was killed, there was no mystery as to who did this, how, or why.

1. profile image0

You are an idiot to speak this profound  blasphemy !   He is a stated terrorist  supporting Islam !

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

He was an American citizen born in New York.  He was also a licensed security officer.

He also qualifies as "radical" by virtue of his actions.  That makes him a radical American gun owner.  Facts.

1. mrpopo profile image72
            mrpopoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, he was also a radical iPhone user, a radical watch-wearer, a radical myopic, a radical owner of a Facebook account.

I shouldn't have to explain to you why those 'facts' do not explain why he targeted gays while praising ISIS and shouting Allahu Akbar.

1. profile image0

Yes, his iPhone, watch, and glasses were as relevant to his actions as the guns he used to massacre or injure over 100 people. roll

You seem to be missing the point. Again, did his guns or his nationality radicalize him?

1. profile image0

I never said his guns radicalized him. No one did.

2. IslandBites profile image90
            IslandBitesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

They dislike facts. They ignore facts.

2. colorfulone profile image78
          colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Omar Mateen was a registered Democrat since 2006.  Psychoticism and neuroticism is higher in liberals than conservatives according to scientific studies.   

Guns don't kill people, people do!  No gun has ever been convicted of a crime. Guns are not the problem, Islam is the problem. 

Omar was a Muslim, and spoke of killing gays for years. It says in the Quran to kill gays (stone them).  The original certified Islamic Qurans are very violent and say to kill infidels (anyone who does not believe in Islam.

1. profile image0

The underlying  facts of this entire case are so politically  and P.C. revealing agenda  !   The perpetrator  was a long standing  , Family Supported Terrorist !   What is the matter with extreme liberal stupidity  ,it just baffles me !
            I almost can't wait until America awakens to its pre-destined reality !   An internally  or externally driven nationalistically   supported civil war , one where we return to a pro-nationalist American belief .  The facts of this entire case  were entirely preventable !   Entirely !

1. colorfulone profile image78
              colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Omar Mateen worked for G4S, formerly known as Wackenhut, currently the largest security firm in the world. His employer serves as a front for the CIA. 

Funny how the liberal media avoids certain important details. 
              http://www.infowars.com/omar-mateen-wac … d-the-cia/

2. profile image0
            jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

ah!  So know we are much the wiser!   It's now political motivation that allows a man to stand over his intended victims, laugh at their fear and pleading, then shoot them dead. 

Have you ever wondered about the origins of his "radicalization?"  It was sick leaders of religion who helped him on his mission to destroy people whom he disliked.   Whatever the particular religion of those leaders, they must be held to account for their dogmatic and stubborn judgments of gay people.   They push their evil agendas on weak-minded individuals and cause them to aim for martyrdom. 

Then we must face the fact this young man, and apparently his partner, sought out a group of people they judged guilty and condemned them to death.  THIS is psychopathic illness.  No "normal" person would do such a crime.  So, that murderer is better out of the way.   No sympathy for him.  ALL our sympathy must be directed to the persons who survived the massacre and the families/friends/loved ones of those who lost their lives.  For they will have to live with their memories for the remainder of their lives...together with the pain and anguish they will find it so difficult to overcome.

Whether you are Christian, Muslim, or whatever background, please, please extend your unconditional love to them and try to help them through the grieving in what ever way you can.

They are the people who matter most now.

1. profile image0

Awesome response Johnny ,  and that is true pretty much in any case .     It does prove only one thing , that you cannot have the totally free mixing of cultures without  problems  , like  some of the beliefs of Islam  , the Koran  , the bible and Christianity ,   And now ,  I see that Google is being accused of  stacking  search  results , politically deciding that favoring one party over another is the way to  build a honest library of search results ?    I tell people all the time that  statistics are important ,   that  truth is paramount .

2. mrpopo profile image72

"ah!  So know we are much the wiser!   It's now political motivation that allows a man to stand over his intended victims, laugh at their fear and pleading, then shoot them dead. "

Media and pundits have been constantly doing this by claiming that the right wing and Donald Trump are responsible for such attacks. If I wanted to disprove such silly accusations I'd point out that Mateen voted Democrat.

"No sympathy for him"

I don't have sympathy for his actions, but I do have sympathy for his condition. There are many who struggle with their beliefs and their sexual orientation. They have a choice of escaping their beliefs or burying their sexuality. The former can shatter ties with family, friends and their community, and is dangerous in the Islamic world. The latter amounts to suffering from repression, which can lead to suicide.

Mateen attempted to bury his sexuality with martyrdom. It's inexcusable, but we can still sympathize with his condition, and we must if we want to understand how internalized homophobia comes about in the Islamic world, and help those afflicted before they hurt themselves or others.

2. mrpopo profile image72

It's a wonderful choice of descriptors. It was "radical Americanism" and/or "radical gun ownerism" that was 100% responsible for the massacre.

Not radical Islamism though. Funny how that works.

1. profile image0

He was a radical American gun owner.  He also hated gays and was a Muslim.  All facts.  No one said radical gun ownerism was 100% responsible for the massacre.  Stop twisting.

Both Obama and the person I responded to omitted the most explanatory descriptor for his motivations and you accuse me of twisting? Incredible.

It's simple, he was not radicalized because he was an American nor because he owned a gun.

1. profile image0

She wanted to set the facts straight. I'm sorry the facts offend you, but they are relevant.

What offends me is your suggestion that intentionally omitting his religious motivations amounts to "setting the facts straight."

1. profile image0

Sigh. No one stated anything that isn't true. No one said his religion had nothing to do with his actions. You're getting your panties in a wad over words that happen to be true.

Clearly you don't understand the concept of lying by omission. I have not been challenging the veracity of these statements, I am challenging their relevance to the killers' motivations and why the one thing that actually explains his motivations is missing.

2. profile image0

Anyone who owns an assault rifle is a radical gun owner. Anyone who fights laws to protect Americans from assault rifles is a radical gun owner. Anyone who is a paying member of the NRA is a radical gun owner.

3. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Funny, this man was found to have been frequenting this bar several times a month over the last 2-3 years, is this really ISIS or Al Quida?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/report-or … 20444.html

He sounds a lot more like some troubled gay person, who lost it. It is looking less and less like terrorism and more like a extreme response to failed social interaction within his homosexual circle.

How much sense does it make for someone who despises homosexuality to continue to frequent their hangouts?

I will disappoint the rightwinger who is looking for some sinister terrorist link to all this when I don't see this guy fitting the pattern.

He is just another nut, like the guy that did the theatre in Colorado back in 2012, who is just about as ideologically driven as Bugs Bunny.

1. profile image0

Tragic. A tortured soul with a rapid fire killing machine. This sad story is too comminplace.

2. profile image0

Ya !  Because everybody knows  angry , gay ,  Muslim , mass shooters come from the  gun toting right-winger  class of patriots  ,      Right !    I have an idea for liberals ,  lets let a few more criminals out of jails , lets let a few more  mosques into your neighborhoods ,  let's  let your leaders create a few more law enforcement  departments and fill  them up with  the organized  unions , hey , how about if we  create one  more bathroom  for  the  angry , Islamic ,  gun toting  gay ,  security cops . But lets not stop there , lets let Obama  elect a few hundred more liberal activist judges ,   you know  ? Those that close prisons ,   plea bargain crimes ,   release  more violent criminals to the streets ,  and generally allow this type of mayhem  to spread .   Works every time !

1. Credence2 profile image79

You're de-evolving now into a stance of total hysteria. Saner minds must prevail, unfortunately, there are not many of those on the reactionary Right...

1. profile image0

While on the left  - its the usual La- la  land mentality !     Right another bill in legislature , create another gun law ,  maybe  invent another bathroom policy , elect one more liberal judge  AND  stand back ,watch the results , and cry  when nothing changes !

4. profile image0

The NRA and the love of its members for assault rifles -- which used to be illegal -- are much more to blame for the massacre than a man who was known to be mentally unstable.

2. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 7 years ago

Some people are as hateful as the religious extremists. Just shut up your racist and xenophobic mouths at least for a couple of days. Respect the grieving families.

We all should learn from this great man.

Cesar Flores is heartbroken that his 26-year-old daughter was killed.

"I forgive the boy because I cannot take that hate in my life. My life is more important than hate. ... It hurts so much," Flores said.
    "We must all come together, we must all be at peace, we must all love each other, because this hatred cannot continue for the rest of our lives."

The criticizing a religion = racism and xenophobic comments never gets old.

Every day there are casualties of religious violence, every day there will be grieving families. If we are to grieve for days at a time every time there is a tragic event before we can have an honest discussion, we'd be grieving endlessly. In any case, it's already been a couple of days, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

As commendable as that man is for finding forgiveness in his heart, forgiveness does not address the problem and will not prevent future attacks.

2. profile image0

Well said.

3. profile image0

You ALL have to understand ,   the first place extreme liberals come from in any  debate  is the "no - fault "  mentality for a crime , " no responsibility" in  prosecution and "no blame" in the outcome of the trial for punishment .      If you ever served on a jury , you'll notice liberal jurors  are always for not guilty , there is no changing their minds.

That is until  they or those close to them become victims .  Watch these extreme liberal's kids experience victimhood and they will turn into  pit bulls.

There is just so much hypocrisy on the left .

4. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 7 years ago

Brian, brother of Amanda Alvear (Orlando shooting victim)

"I've seen on social networks many hate messages towards that person (Mateen)... I will not mention his name because I do not want to remember him, I do not want him to exist in our lives ... but hate is not right. He was sick. He had contempt for LGBTT people and needed help and no one helped him. We can not judge his family, his religion or culture. I want this tragedy to help us to unite as Latinos, as family so we can share the message of  love toward gay people, " he said, expressing that his sister was heterosexual, but really enjoyed the company of her LGBTT  friends and believed in defending their rights.

5. profile image0

I guess I'm a radical gas can owner , I have several of them .

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13059783.png

1. profile image0

I'm not aware of mass murders being done by someone with gas cans.

I am aware of mass murders being done with assault rifles.

1. profile image0

Wow. Reaching back to 1959? Really?

For a journalist, your lack of reading comprehension is astounding. 1959 Southern Boulevard is an address. Read just a few words further and you'll reach the date.

1. profile image0

Yes, I am imperfect like most people. I don't reach the level of perfection like you. So 1990 is much better than 1959.

It doesn't change the fact that mass murders with gas cans doesn't come close to right-wing extremists and their obsession with assault rifles.

You're right. I apologize for the snark.

Not sure why you're comparing mass murderers (of any kind) to people with a gun obsession. Are people with gun obsessions committing murders?

1. profile image0

Thanks for the gracious response, mrpopo.

I'm mainly concerned with the mass murders being committed by people who have assault rifles despite reports about their mental instability and other concerns.

Do you think the blame lies with access to assault rifles or weak background checks?

Likewise, thank you for being gracious in kind.

I would not blame this case on background checks or ease of access to rifles. He was a security guard and passed several comprehensive background checks to obtain his licenses.

The FBI investigated him twice, both times due to suspicion of affiliation with Islamic terrorist groups or religious radicalization, and found insufficient evidence to do anything about it. During the investigation periods (in 2013 and 2014) the FBI would have been flagged had he purchased weapons.

When asked if anything could have or should have been done differently in regard to Mateen and the FBI's intelligence and actions in relation to him, FBI director James Comey replied, "So far, the honest answer is, I don't think so."

2. profile image0

Are you people serious ?   
                    http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13060938.jpg

Want to know what's wrong in America today ?  This  picture best describes America today !  No one wants to punish the perps anymore ,  America's entitlement society  can't stand to  investigate , prosecute or punish anyone for anything  including terrorism ?  A man planning a terrorist attack , broadcasting it for years , while the FBI watches from the legal shadows ?   They can't put him on a list , they can't ask him too many questions ,they can't  investigate him , OR those around him who have not only enabled and participated in his plans ,but  knew about them ? Co -workers , neighbors , family ? Nobody !

But extreme liberal twits will blame an inanimate object for  years , every single time that this happens in America  , liberals wring their collective hands , "Oh , my ! What can we do ? maybe one more law will help" ?   Let's blame the gun owner , that always works , pitiful !

6. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

I think it May be complex, but I dont think its radical islam or a  hate crime. I think a gay guy went beserk and went to his favorite gay bar an shot everyone , just like kids do at school, because they dont fit in. But the pc World is spinning it because the truth aint pc.

1. Credence2 profile image79

I am with you, Phoenix...

7. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

I'm curious as to what Omar's dad does for a living. Cab driver, Store clerk, President of Afghanistan?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)