Political bigotry = your party is always wrong

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image0
    promisemposted 7 years ago

This country has long faced problems with racial, religious and other forms of bigotry. Political bigotry is no different.

It pits us against them, creates conflict and sometimes borders on violence. It is the realm of closed-mind people who have no tolerance for the other side..

You are a political bigot if you think the other party or the president of the other party is always wrong. You are a political bigot if you deny facts from credible sources, attack those sources and attack the people who distribute those facts and sources.

Do you agree or not?

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Are you a political bigot if your party is always right?  If your preferred news source is automatically "credible" and reports the news fairly?  If your favorite news anchor is always truthful and fair?

Or is it only bigotry to apply negatives to others?

1. profile image0
        promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Great questions. You are a politically biased if your party is always right, but you may not rise to bigotry if you don't despise or hate the other side.

If I think whites are a superior race but I don't hate other races, does that make me biased or bigoted?

If I think whites are superior and I despise or hate other races, then that seems like pure bigotry to me.

Credible news sources require standards showing they are credible and not just someone's opinion. If a news channel has largely equal numbers of liberal, moderate and conservative viewers, it's a strong indication that the channel is credible.

Likewise, when Pew Research found that Fox News had far more negative coverage than positive for Obama in the last election and MSNBC had far more negative for Romney, it's a strong indication of bias in their coverage. Their coverage was not credible.

News anchors, reporters and producers are people with their own biases and emotions. So news reports aren't always fair and truthful 100% of the time. Credible news sources have rules to deal with bias. I have been in hundreds of debates over the right way to say something in articles and headlines.

Anyone who thinks credible news sources simply shovel out to the public anything they want is flat out wrong. It doesn't work that way.

Sorry for the long response.  smile

For some reason, Amazon is sending me headlines and articles from the Washington Post.  Every day there are 3-6 articles about Trump, inevitable negative and with carefully chose photos, again all making him look foolish.  I don't even open them any more.  Articles about Clinton or liberals in general are rare, but always positive.

That would be a bigoted company, then, if the term applies to a business or organization.  And not credible.

1. profile image0
            promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If research showed that the Washington Post emphasized negative coverage for Trump and positive coverage for Clinton, then yes, it would be showing bias or bigotry and lose credibility. It also would be very damaging to the business if all its readers felt that way.

I would also say:

a) Trump thrives on provocative statements more than any other major politician in my lifetime, so he will get a lot of coverage for them. If they sound foolish, he has only himself to blame.

b) Washington Post has had a massive amount of coverage on Hillary's email scandal and Bengazhi. I don't believe it is accurate to see that Clinton articles are rare and always positive. A good example is on the site today with a link from the home page:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … n-the-news

And it doesn't hesitate to attack her on the opinion pages:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions … story.html

Well, all I have to go on is what Amazon sends me, via the Post.  Which is all negative about Trump (not a single positive one yet) and nothing on Clinton.  Perhaps they have a new editor since Bengazhi.  Or maybe Amazon has something to do with what is chosen.

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Obama's failures as  America's leader lies in about 8 areas .
    -He and his cronies have set back race relations in  the end times of historical ethnic healing by forty years or more , probably as a diversion for the following ;

- His selling out of our justice system to  even more  liberal ideologies than the left was expecting him to do.

-Even If he doesn't  believe in a One World Order  he has extended those ideals politically by offending our closest allies like Israel and befriending himself to our past enemies like rouge  Islamic states.

- His , Hillary's and John Kerry's incompetence at world politics created most of the Muslim  refugee problems, the Iran trade embargo lifting fiasco  , the Russian theatrics in the Former Soviet Union, their only victory , lifting the Cuban embargo , Wow !

- Immigration laws  have been so  ignored as to affect our already destabilized economy even more .

- He has increased the amount of people "on the system "as to bankrupt America for decades to come .One look at liberally run inner cities like Obama's own Chicago   shows how a continued democratic systematic destruction of America results in complete and utter chaos .

- Fast and Furious an I.C.E.  fiasco  resulted in the melt down of our Border Patrol confidence factor   and has effectively shut down the systematically controlled   immigration  system .

- The releasing of all of the GITMO hardcore prisoners  who've  mostly return to their terrorist lifestyles .

- Obama-Care - resulting in  about forty percent of states  failing to provide any success financially.

Even as little as thirty  years ago , the incompetence of such an  administration would have resulted in an impeachment .Or at least  Justice Dept. incompetency  charges  , Yet ,neither the  weak backed GOP or the  DNC  would even dream of hinting at that today , with all of the P.C. lockdown  of "racist " rhetorical bulls***   backlash !    This president has had success ,   at least in image ,  A meteoric rise in a two term Senator with no legislative accomplishment whatsoever , to the white house two term  accomplishment of absolutely nothing positive . Yet to just assume pointing  out the failures of this administration is bigotry ?   How sad . how pathetic , and how sophomoric   are his mindless supporters.

3. Yekoms profile image55
    Yekomsposted 7 years ago

I agree

4. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Donte Brooks Island muslim name aka Abdul Wah, shot a cop 7 times and fired on another officer on Friday morning.  The mainstream media is silent?

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13075431.jpg
    http://100percentfedup.com/muslim-felon … on-terror/

The officer who was shot is identified as 25-year-old Officer Christopher Dorman. He is hospitalized in critical but stable condition.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/06/rama … on-2nd-cop

5. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Workplace violence - That's ll you'll get out of  this media , I mean the cops were  working wern''t they ?

1. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The NWO mainstream media today is a house of cards without a firm foundation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)