Help! I'm being over ambitious.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (41 posts)
  1. TessSchlesinger profile image61
    TessSchlesingerposted 7 years ago

I am soooo excited about WanderWisdom. That's because I have visited so many countries, continents, cities, etc. and I have enough photos to fill up a library.

The thing is that I can't use them all as photos, but if I put them in a power point presentation, then convert them to a video, I can put a dozen or two photos in the video and the problem is solved.

Only without sound, it just doesn't cut it.

Obviously, I can't use someone else's music because there are licencing limitations. I've tried various websites like http://www.brainybetty.com/soundsforpowerpoint.htm but it doesn't work.

It works when I upload any sort of popular licenced music, though.

Can anyone help me with this?

Many thanks!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Why not upload videos to YouTube and then use your own videos for your hubs?

TessSchlesingerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

??? I'm going to do that. That's not what I'm asking. I'm making the video. And I need to add music to the video. But if I add someone's music to the video, then Google has a condenser because I'm using music that is not licensed to me.

I want to know how to add music to a powerpoint presentation. It's a technical question.

1. sallybea profile image95
          sallybeaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Do you know how to do that?

Click on the section for free music and see what rules you have to comply with in order to use the piece, download the music where the arrow is and then you can add it to your video.

Oh, I looked. And I couldn't find any section for free music at the upload button. Will look again. Thanks.

Look at the piece and to the right, there is a downwards arrow.  If you click it you should see the words download.

Nope. After you upload the video, there's an editor, but I don't see any place where it says upload music to your video.

Remember I am creating a video of photos. I want to add background music. The music can't be licenced to anyone. It has to be either in the public domain or creative commons.

Can you give me a link to where it shows the upload music. I'm assuming it's in the edit function somewhere.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image61

Oh, I think you're talking about downloading music from youtube.

I'm sorry, I'm not talking about that.

Have you ever made a video?

I want to add music to a video I'm making. It is illegal and theft of copyright to use someone else's music.

I have two problems. The first is that I need to be able to find music that I can use without Google telling me I'm infringing copyright, and the second is that that music has to be compatible with power point.

Thanks. smile

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sorry.  I misunderstood your question.

2. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago

You can make your own background music  with "anvil studios" (a free music composer), then add spoken commentary, using "audacity", (a free music editing program). It's a learning curve but fun to do.

Alternatively you can find free music here:
    http://freemusicarchive.org/curator/Video/#
    http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music/2

There are many more sites, just Google "free music for download"

Thank you, Sue. I will look into that.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image61

Yes, but which one's work and take the least time. I certainly don't want to compose music or learn audacity. I actually tried before and didn't get it.

I did find several free music sites. I gave an example in the link I posted with my OP. However, Powerpoint didn't accept it.

I'm not sure why.

And I didn't like any of the music on the other sites.

I would use the free Windows video maker on your computer rather than Powerpoint.  I have used it and it was not bad at all.

I don't think I have a free Windows Video maker on my computer. Windows 10?

If not you can download it for free but there are several others which are free.  If you Google free Movie Maker, Windows Essentials you should find it.

Yes, Windows 10

Okay, I'll check. smile Thanks. smile The problem is, though, I don't learn technology as easily as some... sad

I am self taught.  Try you tube as a learning tool.  I have learnt a lot from just watching tutorials.  It is really easy and these days you can even upload a video direct onto you tube from your phone and edit it and add music from youtube.  Pretty amazing stuff!

Well, I downloaded the Google Video but couldn't find the Windows one. I will take a look at it. For the time being, I've decided I've been a bit too ambitious and am just going to upload without sound. I do, however, have to learn this, and I have been wanting to learn them for some time. I don't know why I have such difficulty learning from videos.

3. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 7 years ago

There's a whole bunch of sites offering royalty free music you can use in a video. Just google "royalty free music".

Yes, I tried, but I didn't like the music of some, and those I did try didn't work when I uploaded them. Power Point didn't accept them even though the type of file was correct. I posted the link of one of those sites. No matter how many times I tried adding it to my powerpoint presentation, powerpoint wouldn't accept it.

4. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Gosh you are ambitious, good luck with it!  I think I would just be more choosy with my photos and use the Gallery feature instead.

I think it is a great idea, anything to get more views to our hubs.  One of my videos posted a few years ago has had nearly 50,000 views.  Every penny counts:)

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think it's a great idea too, I just don't have the energy for it!

There's that. It took me the entire day yesterday to put together 3 loads of videos (without the music) plus write the hub. Still not up and running. smile

5. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago

Please don't give up Tess. Search for "Movie Maker" on your computer, If it isn't there, just download it from:

<snipped>

After installation, click on "add videos and photos" (your video), "add music" (a sound file, the same length as your video), and bingo.

Good luck.

Got it. Thanks. I've been working on this all day, and I'm so tired. It's been 10 hours and I'm still at it. I just don't get powerpoint. So maybe this will be better.

Am downloading now.

Thanks. smile

6. TessSchlesinger profile image61
    TessSchlesingerposted 7 years ago

Hi everybody,

In the end, I could only get one piece of music in, and that was a video that I recorded while there. However, I realized I have quite a bit to learn, have downloaded various apps, and am now learning it so that I can do better next time.

Thanks for all your help.

Much appreciated.

If you think that the videos are really terrible, I'll remove them.
    http://hubpages.com/travel/Camden-Marke … -the-World

1. SheilaMilne profile image92
      SheilaMilneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I thought they were great. The only slight problem I had was reading the caption, when it was a long one, before the picture had been replaced by the next.

That was really, really tough. I can't tell you how many times I did that over and over again, trying to figure out the time to read it. In the end, I thought I had to chose between someone who would take a longer time to read it and who would be frustrated and someone who would take a shorter time to read it and would grow bored.

I honestly have no idea. I tried to figure out how long it would take me to read it, and I could barely read it myself.

7. claptona profile image67
    claptonaposted 7 years ago

This what you're trying to do?
    https://youtu.be/MyL9y3jDCd8
    Put pictures in a video then have music that plays in the background as the slide show proceeds?
    A very simple process, actually.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3oVwkL9Lcw0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Let me know if you haven't figured it out.
    Cheers

I haven't figured it out completely. Give me a few days. Will get back to you!

1. claptona profile image67
        claptonaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The videos are good.
        Background music would enhance them, that's for sure.
        You're close - now all you have to do is figure out how to get the music track on your video, and it will be really nice.
        Good job on the photo's, by the way!
        Cheers

Thank you. I will figure that out during the next week. I am going to have to redo them. Also went to youtube and spent some time listening to 'free music.' A lot of it is so irritating that I don't want to watch the videos. I don't want that to happen to my hub.

I wonder if you could give me your opinion of the hub. It hasn't been featured, and that's unsual for me, especially as I posted a new hub after that, and it has already been featured.

Do you think the videos are off putting to however features them?

1. claptona profile image67
            claptonaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If I was going to that particular market, it would be a website I'd visit before I go.
            It gives a lot of info, the pictures and video's add to the "expertise" of the information.
            Didn't check out the "flow" or the spelling and grammar, but don't see any reason why it has not been moved.
            The beauty of hubpages - a mystery of why it hasn't been chosen!
            Might want to ask others.
            Best of luck.
            John

Thank you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)