Has hillary or obama found gainful employment yet?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (57 posts)
  1. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

I mean like a real job. Something in the private sector. Jobs that don't have "foundation" or "community organizer"  in the title anywhere.

1. Credence2 profile image80
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

You people continue to be problematic, do you really think that Trump is a 'self made' man? He is nothing more than a cowardly man-baby with a big mouth.

PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Lets make America great again. Look at it this way: with Trump maybe even hillary and obama can get a job, someday. If they apply themselves.

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

2. The Big Drake profile image61
          The Big Drakeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why do you care? Why is it any of your business? Do you have gainful employment?

PhoenixVposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think it is best for America that they become productive members of society. That "foundation" money wont last forever, considering how much it costs to marry off that daughter of theirs, from time to time.

2. RachaelLefler profile image91
        RachaelLeflerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Aw, he's problematic huh? People supporting a leader they like is too much for you to handle? Deal with it already. You people are the ones rioting and acting like fools because you lost an election!

1. Credence2 profile image80
          Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh, really? The protests will continue. Not everybody is pleased with the conduct of this 'leader'. It's a free country, you know, unless like it is for so many conservatives, some people are more free than others?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Obama just left the job, and they are both not exactly likely to need a benefit to get by.  So does it matter?

3. dashingscorpio profile image81
      dashingscorpioposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Former presidents usually don't become employees. They write bestselling books and do speaking engagements.

Obama will probably be like Carter, Reagan, the Bushes, and Bill Clinton earning money for being who they are.

I can't think of any (modern former president) who went to work in the "private sector" as an "employee" after leaving office. They get a good pension and secret service protection for life.

As for Hillary, she's not hurting for money she's a multi-millionaire. My guess is she will continue to make money off of speaking engagements.
      It's been said Hillary averages $200k per speech and Trump was getting $1.5 million before becoming a candidate. I'm sure Obama will be fine.

Whomever said "Talk is cheap" was wrong! smile

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13422157_f248.jpg

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
        Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Excuse me.  President Carter builds houses for the homeless, goes to third world countries to monitor attempts at free elections, even teaches Sunday School at his church.  Yes, that is being who he is - but he's in a category separate from the "players of celebrity golf" group.

http://www.teach-kids-attitude-1st.com/images/jimmy-carter-2003-200pixelswide-200dpi.jpg

Exactly. A real job.

2. dashingscorpio profile image81

That's not his "job" to pay his bills! It's charitable work.
          He (earns money) off of speaking engagements, pension, and books.

4. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

They are both multi-millionaires. They don't need jobs.

How about you?

http://bloviatingzeppelin.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Obama-Bows-To-Burger-King.jpg

I have to work to pay for obamas healthcare sad

1. Don W profile image83
          Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well you'll be paying for Trump's healthcare soon. As a multi-billionaire he's used to some high-class hygiene standards. Apparently even his showers are golden.

So what are you doing on here? You should be out working. The president's golden showers won't pay for themselves.

5. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Have any ex presidents or their spouses found gainful employment? Not sure.

http://www.radiomaryja.pl/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/hilary-clinton.jpg

Welcome to Walmart!

1. Live to Learn profile image61
          Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. PhoenixV profile image64

Any luck in the job dept for hillary or obama? How do they pay their bills with no jobs.

1. dashingscorpio profile image81

Obama's annual presidential pension is $205,700—the same amount as former presidents George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and Jimmy Carter. (Obama will get that for the rest of his life.)

Both Obama and Hillary are multi-millionaires! (Hillary is richer though)
            Not many millionaires spend time scrolling through indeed.com or monster.com looking for a job. He will make a ton of money writing books and giving speeches like all modern former U.S. presidents have done.

Trust me he won't be hurting or having a hard time paying his bills! smile

Thats awesome. He should have no problem paying for his own health insurance.

1. Paul Wingert profile image59
                Paul Wingertposted 7 years agoin reply to this

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13434676_f248.jpg

Mr Whitaker, I believe has a genetic condition, and succeeded, despite probably lots of teasing. I bet he pays for his own health insurance.

2. Mtshali Sisi profile image60
              Mtshali Sisiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

True they all wont go through rugh time (financialwise) because of the pension the get

2. profile image52
            MaureenJaneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hillary and Bill take funds from the Clinton Foundation. That's how they paid for Chelsea's mega bucks wedding. All completely ILLEGAL. But when has that ever bothered a Clinton?

6. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why work? They are the elite now who travel and flit among the very rich. The celebrity is their sell able commodity.

I should seek taxpayer funded employment and enjoy the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Champagne wishes and caviar dreams, all compliments of joe plumber, jed janitor, cathy custodian..

7. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well they did find Trump's tax returns.
      https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-0/p480x480/18055701_1897961920421714_130400752111331303_o.jpg?oh=0a745943c9c0e3229ac885f27c8ca7d2&oe=597DABE7

8. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean a real job like the kind that Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, and George Bush found when they left office?

2. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Doubt it - what skill set could they put on their resume outside of "professional politician"?

I doubt hillary is physically or mechanically inclined enough to fix a flat tire or jump start a car.  Okay hillary the conrol rods have to have a secure green light before starting the reactor: "  oh why, what difference does it make?  Make sure the traffic accidents are blood typed before rolling them in surgery, " oh why what difference does it make?

To reply to this I got a Forum Thread Inactive sign. Just like Hillary and Obamas job search. Inactive. Months laters. A year..

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

At least they waited until they were no longer on the taxpayer's dime to take four hours a day of "executive time,"
        and record numbers of vacation days (after promising he wouldn't take any)

1. gmwilliams profile image83
          gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

To Pretty Panther,  I wonder if some people have better things to do than to have superfluous posts.  Who cares if Ms. Clinton & ex-President Obama found so-called gainful employment after their political tenure.  Ms. Clinton has written several books & is worth millions.  Obama has monies invested & is wealthy.  He is purported to have engagements.  Why is OP worried about someone else's "gainful employment" as if their political offices weren't gainful.   OP should stop wasting forum space.
          https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13913086.jpg
          Pretty Panther, there are people who need to be verbally slapped into intelligence.  The more I see in these forums, the more I believe in the verbal slapping........Will you join me..........
          https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12767331.jpg

Multi Millionaire Politicians. I just wonder why none of them ever get hired as top people at Sachs or Shell. I suspect a lack of real skillz or in cases lack of an actual work history.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Yie9SUaRp5VzFS4Z6-sUBgHaJn&w=166&h=215&c=7&o=5&dpr=2&pid=1.7

2. profile image0

I don't have any problem verbally slapping people, just ask GA. big_smile
            I've backed off a bit in the forums the last week or so. The shooting has me sickened, and some of the perspectives here make me nauseous.

Self preservation.

Ltns

1. profile image0

Likewise.

I guess you consider Dubya's puppy painting to be gainful employment since you didn't mention him.

Hey, I like art. I would be proud to put a W. Painting on my refrigerator.

3. Aime F profile image69
    Aime Fposted 7 years ago

If either of them did decide to go back to work at a "normal" job I'm sure their Harvard and Yale law degrees would look okay on a resume.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

Name one president who has ever gone on to a "real" job.  William Howard Taft became a supreme court justice after being president.  That's the only one I can name.
    Some do find ways to contribute to our society, but most live off their celebrity status.

1. profile image0

Most didn't even come from a real job!

1. dashingscorpio profile image81

Both Hillary and Obama were (lawyers) in a former life.
        Being a lawyer is still considered a "job". smile
        Obama also was a college professor for a while too.

1. profile image0

Oh Pleeaasseee !

1. Aime F profile image69
            Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Solid counter-argument.  You brought up a lot of good points there.

2. dashingscorpio profile image81

Those are the facts ahorseback!
            Like them or not. smile

5. grand old lady profile image84
    grand old ladyposted 7 years ago

What is wrong with a job with a foundation or being a community organizer? These are noble jobs and you don't have to be a president to do these jobs. Many people work in foundations and as community organizers, and they do a lot of good for others.

Anyway, according to Google the "Secretary of the Treasury pays a taxable pension to the president. Former presidents receive a pension equal to the pay that the head of an executive department (Executive Level I) would be paid, as of 2015 $203,700 per year. The pension begins immediately after a president's departure from office."

I believe former presidents also earn from giving speeches. President Jimmy Carter, as earlier mentioned, builds homes for the homeless. He came to the Philippines and he whacked that hammer on the nail personally, and two of my former maids benefitted from this good man's work. How many people can say, "My house was built by the hands of a former president of the United States?"

1. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well said!

1. profile image0

One thing that conservative Americans can always be certain of  ,  If a Hillary , a Bernie Sanders ,  a Jill Stein  , an Elisabeth Warren leaves public office , gives up on the public pay- check , It will have to be even a more attractive portfolio like a private funded  "foundation ",  an Ivory Tower , or a  lobbying job  that will attract them !

"Gainful Employment" to liberals is gaining something at all others expense .

6. profile image52
    MaureenJaneposted 7 years ago

Since they both are multimillionaires, why don't they practice what they preached? Redistribute all their wealth and become members of the middle class. Right, in a pig's eye, they will. Liberal hypocrites.

1. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you read their tax returns, as I have, you will see that they donate millions of dollars to charity. Hypocrites indeed.

Their charity?

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

MaureenJane:  Do you have a source for that statement?

8. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 6 years ago

Any luck in Obama and Hillary becoming productive members of society?

9. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

I don't know what Obama is up to, but it appears Hillary has a full time job of making excuses. Being a Clinton, I'm sure she's found a way to make it pay well.

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

She is good at that, isn't she?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)