If you could ask God one question, what would it be?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

For the sake of the forums, let's question the lord.

1. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What if God were one of us
      Just a slob like one of us
      Just a stranger on the bus
      Trying to make his way home

2. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 14 years ago

If I had the opportunity to ask God a question, I wouldn't waste it by asking a question.

Jenny

3. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

If I could only ask one thing and had plenty of time to enjoy the answer, I would ask for more wisdom. If I only had time to ask for one more thing before I bite the big one, it would be for forgiveness.

I most certainly would not request the answer to "life, the universe, and everything," because God knows my tastes and has a sense of humor. I bet the answer I'd get would be "42."

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good answer!

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Why do men have nipples?

1. jiberish profile image80
      jiberishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

5. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I ask Him questions all the time.  Can't pinpoint just one in particular. 

@Valerie F, I love your answer!

6. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Being omnipotent, how can you live with what you have allowed to happen in the world.. little kids dying from illnesses you can cure, where in hell were you when the small and innocent needed you?

7. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

I like Ron's question best, but in the interest of avoiding getting flagged for duplicate content, my question would be:

"What do you want me to do next?"

1. profile image0
      Louidam1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm going with you as well Ghost32

8. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

I would ask to heal me.

9. AsherKade profile image57
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

why did you take my children?

10. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Got milk?

And Annvans, are you ill? Sorry to hear if you are...

1. profile image0
      annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure I am ill.  Prob lupus or something like that.  Been sick for a long time and no luck with doctors diagnosing.  Most of them want to just give me medicine for symptoms rather than test for what the problem is.  I would think that they need to diagnose before druging me up since it can hurt you when you take certain medicines with certain disease.

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear that. I was sick for quite a while. About 6 months or so. Saw lots of doctors. One even said to me "well your body is rejecting food, so you must be allergic... to food." I finally found one doctor who helped me. I'm still not 100% better. I know how discouraging it must be.

1. profile image0

I even tell them that all I need right now is a diagnoses and I will move on after I get one.  I would think that diagnosing is their job.  If they feel they cannot do it, why not send me elsewhere.  I know lots have lupus in my family and I know that lupus and lyme disease mimic each other.  I have reasons to believe it is something along these lines, but doctors say "no I do not think that is what is wrong with you"  and that is all I hear from them.

No testing?

1. profile image0

Sure, one lady gave me a lyme disease test..but those are no good.  Lyme disease has to be a clinical diagnosis since the tests dont work right.  They give me basic blood tests and whatever they want, but they are always wrong and they find nothing.  They probably think that I am faking or something.  Who knows?

That is really discouraging, when someone doesn't even acknowledge the sickness. Mine started with food poisoning, and then progressed to me being unable to keep anything down for a while. One doctor wanted me to seek counseling for an eating disorder. I was so upset, I ate, but my body was rejecting the food.

1. earnestshub profile image82
                  earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like you have had a very hard time with the medical profession. I am sorry you are ill, and although feeling pretty helpless, I would like to offer one idea.
                  Do as much research as you can yourself. I had a very hard time with cancer. 5 times I went back for biopsies. In the end they found the Lypo sarcoma and I had it removed.
                  The only way I kept my doctor on the job was to keep showing him my own research. By the time they found it I had only a small chance of survival, as it is very aggressive.

Closer to your problem, my auntie had lupus for many years, her treatment was not working. After she went to a major hospital in the city she remained pretty good till she died at an advanced age. I do hope you find the right treatment. Good luck and best wishes. smile

11. Tom Cornett profile image81
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Paris Hilton?

1. earnestshub profile image82
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile a fair question.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just changed my question.

12. Newyork204 profile image60
    Newyork204posted 14 years ago

Okay this would be my question...... 

In this world depending if you are male or female there is an equal person of the opposite sex who is perfect for you (or as perfect as they can come).  You both would be highly attracted to one another and your personality would fit 99.9%. 

The problem is out of 6 billion people you have no idea who that person is.  He could be next door or on another continent.  A lot of people get married to a person they love but that does not mean that he/ she is the Absolute best one for you in the whole world.  As good as your relationship might be there might be someone else who with you it would be 100X better.  God would be able to tell you exactly who that person is and where he is?  It would take all the guesswork out of dating and finding someone and possibly getting a divorce. 

Let me know what you all think. I've thought about this a lot...

Hmm. I don't think there is only "one perfect person" for everyone. That's my opinion. There are people that are better suited to be with one another. But as far as someone who is 99.9% compatible with you and superior to all others, I don't think he/she exists.

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im not sure that the textbook god, at least the standard christian god, would be too happy about somebody divorcing their partner after taking vows in a church. I suppose it depends on what cult you follow.

13. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

I like the woman who said I did not have arthritis after I sat and talked to her for one minute.  I told the other nurse about that and I cannot say that I have arthritis if I have not been diagnosed with it.  I am sore all over at times, but how am I to know if I have arthritis or not?  I do not even know all of the symptoms.  She sat right there and told me that I did not have arthritis and she did not ask me if I was sore or had those symptoms.  I would like to know what ghost told her that.

14. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I wrote a hub about this, or my Letter to God
    http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Letter-to-God

My one question would be...can you cure cancer?  I think that would be it

15. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I dont currently believe in god, so if I met him down a dark alley it would probably go something like this:-

Ryan:- "My God you scared the life out of me"
    God:- "I'm sorry, please forgive me, I am in a rush I am meeting Jesus for a bit of lunch, but your the first person to recognise me today"
    Ryan:- "Recognise you? I haven't got a clue who you are mate".
    God:- "Yes you do, you just said it, I am God"
    Ryan:- "Righty O mate, righty O, blimey you are f*cking god, oh, errr... sorry father, errr... lord, err.... Sorry God I didn't mean to swear"
    God:- "It's fine, I really have to go"
    Ryan:- "Ok, err.. fine, errr... can I have your autograph?"
    God:- "Sure" (pulls out a pre signed photograph)
    Ryan:- "Thanks a lot"

That would be my question to god, he would be very busy, and I would ask him for his autograph.

16. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Easy as pie. O God, why are there so many phony plastic people in the world? And I do ask this question - a lot more these days. Each time I imagine hearing a thunderous voice replying - TO TEST THEE, MY SON. lol I get a kick out of that. No friggin' kidding!

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And yes, the voice would say, I HAVE TRIED THEE AND FOUND THEE FAITHFUL, A WORTHY CHILD OF ZION THOU ART! Gawd, I'm a madman, totally!

17. JonTutor profile image59
    JonTutorposted 14 years ago

What happens to Soul after we die?

1. mohitmisra profile image58
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you are ready and have no desires you go into the light, become the light or god.

2. goodfriendiam profile image60
      goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jon, I believe it all dependa on what part of the body you consider the soul. I consider the soul, our flesh  (skin, muscles, bone, etc). and believe it will just fall away and be no more (buried)

The soul is your energy and not your flesh ,muscle or bone.

I need to add John that different masters have talked about having a vision of their master who had died.
        These dead masters talk about teaching love in dimensions which are supposed to be more evolved than ours, to more evolved souls.
        Th Egyptians believed the evolved souls  would go to the constellation of the seven sisters.
        Paramhansa Yoganada talks about this in his book "Autobiography of a Yogi.

18. 320iguy profile image60
    320iguyposted 14 years ago

Yeah, i would ask "What the f*ck is wrong with you ?!
    Let the hate mail fly!!!

19. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

I would ask God this;

Why is it that you tolerate lying imposters inventing and spinning fables about some fake Jesus, Moses or Mohammed amoung your people?

20. dumbeth profile image60
    dumbethposted 14 years ago

If i could ask God one question, what would it be?

well if i should meet God not i don't think i will ask him only one question, i would get 2 chairs one for him and one for myself and then we can start chatting face to face because i have a lot on my mind and would need immediate answers. but the most inmportant thing i would ask him is why do people have to die.

Nothing is born and nothing dies is what you will understand once you are with god.

21. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Why do we collect belly button fluff in our belly button?

22. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

"Do you think you could Please show me the path out of Bumble Town?" hmm

23. profile image0
    KStyleposted 14 years ago

pearldiver, I would ask if there is life after life, meaning reincarnation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)