I'd like feedback on my article: For Honor the most intense medieval experience.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (29 posts)
  1. jonnathanrodrig profile image58
    jonnathanrodrigposted 6 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article For Honor the most intense medieval experience in your consoles (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. profile image0
      Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I started reading your hub, and then, not even midway, I just stopped reading. Your spelling and grammar are poor, at best. At least you've got a basic grasp on the English language. An article is just like a city. If you have too much crime and daily fire rescues and corruption issues and unemployment, not to mention uneducated workers and vehicle traffic and pollution, then your city won't function correctly and it will have less citizens. Iron out the grammar issues and all of your article's problems, and you will be on the highway to getting your article published.

Good luck on your article.

2. Jeremy Gill profile image92
    Jeremy Gillposted 6 years ago

There are two glaring issues with this Hub:

1) It desperately needs to be proofread; there are too many spelling and grammar errors to list. Also, capitalize key words in headings and your title.
    2). Your Hub is too short; aim for at least 700 words. It also ends quite abruptly, with no rating, summary, or other way to tie your information together.

You did use a photo, video, and callout, so nice job there, but until the copious grammar errors are corrected, this Hub will immediately turn away viewers. Good luck.

jonnathanrodrigposted 6 years agoin reply to this

thanks you so much, i will do my best to improve granmmar , english is not my native language so i will do my best

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The problem is that HubPages is aimed at an English speaking readership, so your English needs to be of a high standard.

1. profile image0

Bev's right. Your English must be of the highest quality. Otherwise, you could end up like a certain guy who wrote an article that was so bad, I unknowingly attacked him and his article. I got banned from the forums for a week after that. Remember, HubPages wants original, in-depth, high-quality articles that can't be searched anywhere else and that Google is waiting to sink its humongous teeth into and bite it into popularity. Keep improving on the article. You'll get it.

2. jonnathanrodrig profile image58
      1. Jeremy Gill profile image92
        Jeremy Gillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The link didn't work, but I used the original to see your changes. You've made some progress, but like theraggededge noted, getting your work published will be difficult without mastery of the English language. There are still several spelling and grammar errors to fix.

If you're confident that your level of English proficiency will let you publish error-free articles (necessary for getting your writing featured), keep writing and editing; otherwise, this may require more time and effort than you'd like to invest.

1. profile image0

At this rate, it may take you weeks of editing to get your article featured. Heed theraggededge's advice, and you'll get your article featured in no time.

3. jonnathanrodrig profile image58

Please check it. Today got all grammar issues revised, but they still unpublish my hub

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Anything I could add at this point would simply be "piling on," so I'll just say "Yeah, what they all said."

4. Mary Florence profile image69
    Mary Florenceposted 6 years ago

There should be a colon between 'honor' and 'the' in your title. Every first letter of every word of that title should be in upper-case.
    And you post long sentences then instead of ending with a comma, you place

5. Mary Florence profile image69
    Mary Florenceposted 6 years ago

You should put a colon between 'honor' and 'the' in your title. Every first letter of every word of that title should be in upper-case.

Apart from the numerous spelling mistakes, you post very long sentences then instead of ending with a fullstop, you place a comma. Sentences should be paused with commas, ended with fullstops and the letter after any fullstop should be in upper-case.

1. profile image0

Did you just double-post a sentence?

6. jonnathanrodrig profile image58

where

7. JynBranton profile image70
    JynBrantonposted 6 years ago

i looked at what is up now with the changes and its looking pretty good. i have done a few game reviews too and its hard to find an audience some times. i like that you break up the content with videos and callouts, but as jeremy said too there are some spelling and grammatical errors still. i usually write in a word template when i can and and see what corrections it suggest and then have friends give it a read as well to see what they spot.  do you follow the tutorial template? the first thing i submitted was kicked back to me for editing when i tried to use the basic , but using the tutorial and making sure to add things like polls, links, videos, etc really does help. i plug in things exactly how the template is set up and minus my initial article i submitted, everything i have right now is featured.

1. profile image0

I looked at your article. It should be "never before seen" NOT "never after seen" which caught me off guard. Your grammar has improved considerably, except for the text near the top. Remember what they and myself told you, and your article will become featured soon.

8. IsraelMercado profile image60
    IsraelMercadoposted 6 years ago

I love video games.  This article is poised to be a great article.  Just as the people have said before, the grammar needs to be cleaned up both word usage and some sentence structure as well.  I suggest taking this article to a friend that knows the English language well so that they can help you make this a more smoother read.  Good luck!  I hope you get this article featured soon.

9. jonnathanrodrig profile image58

Please check it. Today got all grammar issues revised, but they still unpublish my hub. I need your help my hubbers

1. profile image0

I checked it. You have many punctuation issues. What I would recommend is the free grammar checker, which is here https://www.grammarcheck.net/editor/ (NOT AN AFFILIATE LINK) and check out the issues.

thanks a lot my friend, I tried it lets check if hubpages thinks its fine now

1. profile image0

Youre welcome. Remember that in my 26th article, I had to wait 48 hours before it became published.

only one more thing, could you check my hub and tll me wich of my links is called spamy content_ it was unpublushed mecause of that, and i dont know what it means

1. profile image0

spammy content refers to links in your article that promotes a certain product, donations, or is an affiliate link itself. If you have those, then that's an indicator that your article is spammy. Also, if there are too many promotional links or videos in your article, then the article is considered not featured. Have you read the FAQs on Spammy Elements? Maybe someone else will help you with that.

thats it my bro, it have been published, not featured because they say its low quality. but  it is finally alive

10. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

Google 'title case', then edit your title and subtitles accordingly. As it stands, it looks a tad unprofessional.

11. jonnathanrodrig profile image58

ohhhhhhhhh sweat jesus. i have been drafted again i do not really know what do i need to do now please .

1. Jeremy Gill profile image92
      Jeremy Gillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What you posted is hilarious, but I think you mean "sweet" lol.

Good news, this is much better than when I last looked. Still a few minor quirks. For example, the grammar error in "did you liked this review?" On that subject, I'd ask a different poll question, like "Do you enjoy For Honor?" and then give yes or no options.

Be sure to always capitalize both words in For Honor, and Elder Scrolls when you mention them. Some phrases aren't technically wrong but are awkward, like "Fight On Your Style"

A bit more editing, and you'll be there.

1. profile image0

What he said.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)