Hubpages:Question of the Week- What is you favorite verses from the bible? Why?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)
  1. vanteezy profile image41
    vanteezyposted 14 years ago

Hubpages:Question of the Week- What is you favorite verses from the bible? Why?

Mines is Proverbs 13:20 because is helps me find people to associate myself with to lead to success

2. carolegalassi profile image61
    carolegalassiposted 14 years ago

I have so many favorite verses from the Bible depending on what emotions or trials I'm currently undergoing. But if I were to choose a "life verse", it would be 2 Chronicles 16:9
    "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him."

Why: Because this verse tells me that trusting and keeping my faith in God honors Him. That He is ACTIVELY searching for hearts who remain strong and faithful to Him. That is encouraging to know that the God of the universe seeks those who are loyal and when He finds them, He makes Himself strong, meaning will give me the strength or whatever encouragement we need from Him. Alleluia.

3. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Me too.  I have a lot of favourite verses but I'll just give you this:

Isaiah 43:18,19
    Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth. Shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

It encourages me not to look at any negative situation that has happened. Also, no matter how hopeless a situation is, God can make a way and bring a solution.  Wilderness has no way, you'll get lost - but Almighty God can make a clear way.  You can't find water in the Desert, but not only will God get water, He will make rivers.  So, He can do the impossible. Remember how He amazingly parted the red sea and the Israelites walked through on dry land in the middle of the sea.........Awesome!!.   God is able to do all things if only we believe when we ask Him to.

4. Karma Freedom 97 profile image60
    Karma Freedom 97posted 14 years ago

I have 3...

My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.

- Psalm 57:4

And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbor.

- Zechariah 8:17a

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.

- Matthew 15:19

These all sum up to one key point and that is that one sin will always lead to another.  A good thing to remember before you tell that little white lie. 

I like using these with my children to teach them about honesty and integrity.

5. profile image0
    surfgatinhoposted 14 years ago

'It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven'

Matt 19:23 - 24

I like this one as it exposes all those evangelical preachers who are raking it in as the immoral frauds they really are

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)