What does art mean to you?, like what do you think of it? (if you do draw) Why d

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. rocknroll15 profile image55
    rocknroll15posted 14 years ago

What does art mean to you?, like what do you think of it? (if you do draw) Why do you draw?

2. darrylcrawford profile image67
    darrylcrawfordposted 14 years ago

ART  IS MY LIFE! I have been drawing since the age of 4 or 5 years old and I love it. I then desired to play music and every now and then I will draw still. It's best to not use your logical part of you mind when drawing. The right side (the creative side) is free and is not aware of time and space, just creativity, I recommend "DRAWING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF YOUR BRIAN" by BETTY EDWARDS. It's a book that has change my whole approach to creating. She will teach you how to shift to your right side of your brain and your experience will be great in time.

One thing that will ruin your work. Never think of what time it is. When you draw of create, make sure you really have the time to create and turn off your cell or have someone take messages. I make music in my headphones and I have made my best music productions with my headphones on even drawing.

3. doodadoo profile image59
    doodadooposted 14 years ago

art is my everything. it helps me get through every day, and different situations i find myself in. i find that if i'm upset, angry or just need time to think,drawing or painting can help it feels like i can pick up a pencil start drawing and just get through what's bothering me.it also feels like my art listens to me, like when im sad or happy the work created can show that, the emotion.

i also look at pieces of art and think wow. i mean i think it's amazing how someone like how an artist for example salvidor dali or andy warhol or someone have such an intriging, imaginitive minds to create some of the amazing peices of work that they have.

4. sedgeie profile image62
    sedgeieposted 14 years ago

I guess I kind of draw as a way of escapism. I can draw someone beautiful (or at least attempt to) in my place even if I'm ugly, fat and spotty. I can make them do the things that I can only ever wish for. It's a great tool to have.

Yeah sorry to have dampened the mood ^^'

5. Christopher Dapo profile image77
    Christopher Dapoposted 13 years ago

Art, to me, is a huge subject that spans way beyond merely drawing.  Art isn't in the pen, nor is it even on the paper.  In fact, could you ask an artist from long ago, I'm sure they would tell you that it's something yearning to be shared with from their soul. 

That yearning can be expressed in more ways than you could imagine...from a work as huge as Mount Rushmore to the ultra-microscopic insignia marking a microchip...from an entire orchestration to the minute noises of kids at play...dance, martial arts, pottery...pretty much anything that grants a creative freedom of expression can be classified as a form of art.

Yep...even this answer! ;-)

6. micadeolu profile image49
    micadeoluposted 13 years ago

Art is the talent, skill, abilty you possess to express yourself consciously or unconsciously.
    Art can be divided into three main departments that has other sub departments. These departments are:
    1. Visual art
    2. Performing art
    3. Literal art

Visual Art: Under this department you have the comercial art and decorative art.

Performing Art: Under this we have music, drama, etc.

Literal Art:  Under this we have peotry, essay writing, lyrics, etc

7. shahadat73 profile image36
    shahadat73posted 13 years ago

Art is an art. If I feel hungry I eat. If my mind is creative I do drawing.

8. manspaugh profile image60
    manspaughposted 13 years ago

Art is about telling story. You can't call something art without it possessing story.

9. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 9 years ago

i love drawing cartoons, i can draw snoppy, garfield, any cartoon, just name it. I feel happy when someone says: WOW, you can draw like the original artist! That is contentment

10. florypaula profile image61
    florypaulaposted 8 years ago

When someone talks about art the first thing that comes in my mind is drawing. I don't know why because I do know that art means way more than paintings and pictures, but this is what I see with the eyes of my mind. I used to draw and I was quite good at it, not trying to be modest because my art teacher told me I am good and I should proceed a career into it, but of course I was a stupid child who refused to give up things and woke up at some point all grown up and without the option to take that road. I used to draw because I loved how that was making me feel: happy, content, peaceful and hopeful. I think about doing it again from time to time, but of course I never find the time to actually do it.

11. Emmy ali profile image60
    Emmy aliposted 6 years ago

Art is a beautiful feeling, i was drawing when i was a kid till now i express all my feeling with drawing.

12. kiddiecreations profile image81
    kiddiecreationsposted 6 years ago

Art is one of my greatest passions. I have been drawing since I wasa little girl, and I love to do many other artistic things as well, such as watercolor paint, pastel paintings, scrapbooking, crafting with my kids, and so on. I've written a whole blog post on the many different things that I consider to be art forms. Check it out! Art is everywhere. God is a Creator, and has made His people creative, like Him. We are all driven to create in some form or another, and it's wonderful!

13. profile image49
    maryggnposted 6 years ago

Art allows me to express myself in pictures and the beaut of it 8s very satisfying.  I love to draw but I still I have a lot to learn but in my opinion every stroke and mistake is well worth it.  It is my first love.  Art is the the window to my soul.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)