Really want to start to see my bf more often he lives an hour away and its getti

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. dakotarae profile image57
    dakotaraeposted 13 years ago

Really want to start to see my bf more often he lives an hour away and its getting frusterating...

We dont want to brake up but I want to show I care by driving to him,  , The problem is that I barely have money cus i just got layed off, my dad wont let me drive there with my car, he says its not relaible, but i am 18 PLEASE HELP i'm lost on choices this could brake us up if I dont put effort into this,,,,he has been coming down to denver for 4 of the months i have just gotten rides by friends up there, but i am getting tired of asking for rides to see him HELP!!!!!!

2. helendanger profile image70
    helendangerposted 13 years ago

He already knows you care.  Concentrate on your own life and let him figure out how you two are going to get together.

3. renfaluz profile image56
    renfaluzposted 13 years ago

Long distance relationships are hard as you already know.....you need to ask yourself why isn't he making all these obvious actions to keep the relationship going like you are?

You have to always look on the other side and see if this person doing as much for me as i amd doing for him...of course he is happy to see when you get there. Is he driving to come see you?

I would suggest backing off and see if he misses you as much as you miss him...then the truth will show how much he is willing to go thru to see you

your 18 and you have a lot of life to still live. if your meant to be together lifes situations will bring you to him again if thats whats suppose to happen

hopefully that makes sense even though i doubt its the answer you wanna hear.....good luck

4. nycgrl profile image60
    nycgrlposted 12 years ago

1 hour is not that bad. You are young so I know to you it seems like this is the end of the world, but it isn't. One, if he really loves you, then I am sure he understands it's not because you don't want to see him but because you can't. And if he really loves you then he will keep coming to visit you and/or pay for you to come up and visit him.

If he is a jerk about all of this then you have to question how much the relationship is worth saving.

Like helendanger said, concentrate on you. Go to college (or keep going if you are already enrolled) and study. Get a part time job so you can make some money and save some to visit him and pay for other stuff.

This is also the time in your life to enjoy being young and not having too many responsibilities. Don't make your boyfriend your life. Have fun with your friends now while you are still young. Trust me now at 29 I still wish I had done even more partying that I did because you will see how quickly those days pass you by.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)