I'm looking for a movie for my 10 year old to watch

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. TinaAtHome profile image66
    TinaAtHomeposted 13 years ago

I'm looking for a movie for my 10 year old to watch

I'm hosting a party for 10-12 year olds and want to end it with a movie, any suggestions?

2. ar.colton profile image80
    ar.coltonposted 13 years ago

The original Willy Wonka (the one with Gene Wilder) is a great choice for kids. It's colourful and there are songs to dance around to. Plus there are plenty of examples of how not to behave.

If you're watching it with them there are also a lot of hilarious little tidbits thrown in for adults. It may take a couple of watches to catch them all actually. That movie is seriously underrated!

One word of caution though if you haven't seen it, the boat ride scene is a little scary.

3. profile image55
    breanna09posted 13 years ago

I would go with Finding Nemo. Its a fun and colorful movie that children love. It has a great moral. You cant go wrong with any Disney movie for a 10 year old. So if not Finding Nemo maybe Cars or a classic like Toy Story.

4. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

The Incredibles - maybe the very best Pixar movie ever.

Ratatouille; Over the Hedge.

Akeelah and the Bee (maybe a little more serious than you would want for a party)

Flushed Away - not one I like, by any means, but for a party it might be just right.

5. World-Traveler profile image61
    World-Travelerposted 13 years ago

I would suggest the religious story, "The Ten Commandments".

I have written a Hub about ways to stimulate intelligence from birth forward using a combination of environmental settings, audio and video presentations.

At first thought, some might consider the movie above a bit serious for a party of 10 to 12 year olds.  I saw that movie when I was ten and never forgot it.

Classical music, environmental sounds from natural environments, alphabets in multiple languages displayed on the bedroom walls, challenging electronic toys that stimulate the development of new nureral connections in the brain and on and on.

A young and developing brain is hungry for knowledge and experience.  Give your children a head start by providing that at home.

6. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 13 years ago

Alice in Wonderland was pretty cool and that age group would enjoy it alot.  I have some friends whos kids loved it.  It does have some violence so if you are opposed to that avoid it and go with Cars form pixar.

7. whackboy profile image61
    whackboyposted 13 years ago

The Hobbit (1977 Rankin-Bass) was a great adaptation of the story made for TV.

UHF is a silly funny Weird Al movie about television shows.

The first SHREK movie is pretty funny.

My Neighbor Totoro for the more adventurous.

8. lilian_sg profile image63
    lilian_sgposted 13 years ago

I've listed some of my favourite animation movies here: http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Favourite-Animation-Movies You may want to take a look!

9. profile image56
    darkcoffeeposted 13 years ago

If you are looking for a recent one, I'll say "How to Train Your Dragon", exciting but warming and touching, with beautiful scenes and lovely music. And meaningful!

10. KKalmes profile image61
    KKalmesposted 13 years ago

My neighbor's daughter and I have watched Coraline about four times in the past 2 weeks... also, Incredibles, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Up... great kids movies and adults love them too!

11. volleyball-jumper profile image62
    volleyball-jumperposted 13 years ago

Shrek 1, 2, and 3
    Up
    Bolt
    The lion king was and is still great!

12. profile image0
    erickcbposted 13 years ago

Spykids. watch anyone of them. They kick butt.

13. profile image0
    Chasukposted 13 years ago

The first "Neverending Story" was enjoyable, and I loved "Kiki's Delivery Service."

I can also recommend "The Incredible Mister Limpett."

14. LunarGal profile image60
    LunarGalposted 13 years ago

Me and my kids  6, 9, 10 and 11 watched The Spy Next Door with Jackie Chan. It was hilarious with no s*x, just a little kissing by adults nothing too risqué.

15. SmilesDoc profile image60
    SmilesDocposted 13 years ago

With 5 kids, I've seen a lot of parties...

Will it be boys, girls or mixed? Sorry folks, different movies at that age depending on gender.

I see problems for you:
    - the kids might be wired and unwilling to sit that long.
    - whatever you choose, some will have already seen it.
    - some kids at that age are watching Disney only, some are already watching everything their parents rent. Which means it will be hard to pick anything that will please everyone.

If you're still sure you want to go for a movie, you could rent about 5 likely candidates and have the children make the final decision at the party.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)