If we really believe in one true God, then why most of us still worship saints?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image50
    ainon baniposted 13 years ago

If we really believe in one true God, then why most of us still worship saints?

2. LNmassage profile image59
    LNmassageposted 13 years ago

hmmm interesting question. but then again, for all i know these are religious activities set before we are born. and even if we all know one God, it doesnt mean we can eliminate saints for they are model of how possible prayer and dedication to God can be done!

3. profile image52
    Ma_mehnposted 13 years ago

its a mistake, none is to be worshiped apart from the Lord....saints re neither mediums nor gods

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 13 years ago

each religion has their own way of saying this and that saints are great and should be workship. Most importantly is their saints don't tell them do bad deeds. There is only one GOD almighty. We shouldn't criticize nor argue whose who is the greatest. Do what u deem fit.

5. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 13 years ago

There's only one God and He is above all things. Only Catholics and others of the same doctrine that worship saints. God the Almighty is also referred to as Elohim, Jehovah or Yahweh.Thanks to you.

6. dabeaner profile image60
    dabeanerposted 13 years ago

When choosing between stupid and stupider, just flip a coin.

7. SirGanz profile image68
    SirGanzposted 13 years ago

We don't worship saints. They are models to emulate, their lives showcase how a believer should act. However, as history shows, a lot of people seem to worship them. Read the different prayers for these saints, nothing is said about worshiping them. Some prayers are like this: God the Father in Heaven please help us to be like saint . . . . . and by his example we will worship you, in the name of Jesus, we pray. There are many forms of course.

8. jobelle_tacang profile image58
    jobelle_tacangposted 13 years ago

yes i agree sir that we believe in one true GOD..I dont know sir why they still worships saints or rebolto..because we dont have that in my church because im IGLESIA NI CRISTO and for me its not good to pray in saints because you are not praying in GOD in heaven but in the saints..nice question sir

9. jeff_ibarra profile image54
    jeff_ibarraposted 13 years ago

SECTION:CC2:JEFFREY O IBARRA

. .YUP!!!!!!! I BELIEVE IN ONE GOD;WHOSE THE CREATOR OF EVERYTHING AND MUST BE EXTOL HIM AND PRAISE TO THE HIGHEST . .WORSHIPING SAINTS IS A SIN SINCE IT IS STATED IN THE HOLY BIBLE THAT "NO ONE PRAISE AND WORSHIP EXCEPT ME" . .IMAGES AND ETC.WILL NOT BE WORSHIP . . SAINTS IT JUST THE BEST CHOSEN BY GOD . .WHO SPREADS THE GOOD NEWS

EVEN BEFORE WE ARE INFLUENCE BY OUR ANCESTORS . . AS TIME GOES BY THE TRADITION PASSED OVER AND OVER . .  . .

10. ABDUL H. DERICO profile image57
    ABDUL H. DERICOposted 13 years ago

ABDUL HAKIM P. DERICO            SECTION: Cc2

I believe in one God, but still we are continuing the war's because of our fate's,our misfortunes we have to become one.  We don't have to kill  each other it's a use less,unless we have to respect,and love each others.....
         On this question I admit that I've been wrong,now i know that I should  respect the others religion because they deserve it..... thank you ser...

11. irishexaminer profile image60
    irishexaminerposted 12 years ago

In 1 Cor 15-54 Saint paul states that the Church in heaven and the Church on earth are one.   If therefore  I can ask you as a brother or sister to pray for me here on earth why can I not ask you to intercede on my behalf in heaven?

To say that we as Christians and specifically as Catholics worship Saints is to be ignorant of our teaching.  As Christians we worship and declare the one true God within the mystery of the Holy Trinity.

To ask a saint to pray for us is to acknowledge that an individual lives on in Christ after death, in fact it is a testimony to this reality.  Those who are declared Saint by the Catholic Church are also examples of how God can transform and use an individual.  When we read the lives of the Saints, we learn ways in which we can co-operate with God in every age.

As Catholic/Christian we hold onto what Paul relates as 'the sure hope of salvation.  There are other Christian that believe that one is saved from the moment they acknowledge Jesus as Lord of their life.  This fulfills two of the three pillars of Christian faith. Namely Faith and Love. 

Catholics on the other hand believe in three pillars of faith - 'Faith, Hope and Love.  We believe that one can  deliberately with their free will choose to sin and separate themselves from God at any time during their Christian life - they can also choose to repent and this is why we have the sacrament of reconcilliation.

The Christian life is not easy to live, we need the support of the Holy Spirit and of our brothers and sisters in intercessory prayer both when they live as Church here on earth and most especially as they continue to live as Church in Heaven.

I have discovered that those who misunderstand how Catholics understand the saints have not taken the time to study our teachings.  We do not pray to the dead we pray with the living on earth and in Heaven.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)