What is most important to you about life in general?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Al Blondin profile image60
    Al Blondinposted 13 years ago

What is most important to you about life in general?

For example, is it family, wisdom, your career, wealth, intimacy....? Please indicate what part of the world you are from.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4205224_f260.jpg

2. CMerritt profile image77
    CMerrittposted 13 years ago

Without a doubt my family is the most important thing to me.  I never knew what my purpose for being here on this earth for several years.  After I got married, it began to take shape.  After my first child was born, it was becoming much clearer. Now nearly 30 years after meeting my wife and five kids, I know for sure what my reason for being here is.  Being a Dad is the greatest blessing that I could ever hope for.  Sharing this life with my wife is icing on the cake.

3. Mr. Happy profile image71
    Mr. Happyposted 13 years ago

Pursuing the truth in things. That is what matters to me. I was born in Romania during the dictatorial regime which followed WWII. Now I live in Toronto, Canada.

4. Al Blondin profile image60
    Al Blondinposted 13 years ago

CMerritt, I have to agree with you about being a Dad. My two boys joined the Canadian military with me and it fills me with pride and joy to see them succeed. Now I get to play Grandad and see the next generation go on.
    Mr. Happy, like you I live in Canada but I have served overseas in areas of turmoil where ordinary people do not have a voice. Learning and growing in wisdom is also very important to me so that I can contribute significantly in this world.

5. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 13 years ago

To maintain a balance in mind, body, and spirit. This helps to maintain perspective and not be blinded by raucous, mind-numbing hysteria from external influences. Focusing on one thing -- such as acquisition of wealth -- tends to lead one astray from achieving true harmony with the self.
    On assignment: Montreal

6. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

Being able to walk and breathe and enjoy creation is a big plus in my book.

7. Denise Dulany profile image59
    Denise Dulanyposted 13 years ago

Fulfilling your purpose. When we are in a place of not knowing what we are suppose to do with ourselves we are without hope.
    From the United States.

8. brandonord profile image59
    brandonordposted 13 years ago

I believe family and friends are most important , and page views of course wink

9. profile image0
    jasper420posted 13 years ago

having a loving relashonship with a higher power

10. internett1t3 profile image61
    internett1t3posted 13 years ago

My work then my family. my work it's because without my work I can't give my family a good life and  I can't be a good provider.

11. Mayaanjali profile image70
    Mayaanjaliposted 13 years ago

Understanding the complex equation of life-
    God+ truth+knowledge+right livelihood+ mission on Earth and beyond=?

12. profile image0
    Edliraposted 13 years ago

Well, to wrap it up I would say being a decent human being who is happy with who she is and who makes the utmost to make leave this world a better place through her humble contribution!

13. ArefinShams profile image60
    ArefinShamsposted 13 years ago

To see them established in their lives whom I love.
    I am from Bangladesh.

14. Fur_Elise_1994 profile image53
    Fur_Elise_1994posted 13 years ago

Doing what you want. If you live life doing what others tell you, you're not going to be happy. and being happy is key. I think people should live life to the fullest because you never know what day will be your last.

15. vox vocis profile image81
    vox vocisposted 13 years ago

The most important to me would be trying to become a better person no matter how bitter life was. To help my family, friends and people who I meet on my life path. (I'm from Europe)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)