Why do some people believe that nothing can be added after the book of Revelatio

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. proton66 profile image62
    proton66posted 13 years ago

Why do some people believe that nothing can be added after the book of Revelation?

Has God ceased to speak to man in our time or call upon special men to declare what is relevant for our time? Seems like an odd thing that He would do this.

2. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 13 years ago

You're right it does seem odd, so here are the scriptures that you speak about

3. profile image0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 13 years ago

God continues to communicate with us through His Holy Spirit. ln fact most of  the gifts that people receive after they receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit involve direct communication from God:

1 Corinthians 12:8-10 (Contemporary English Version)

8Some of us can speak with wisdom, while others can speak with knowledge, but these gifts come from the same Spirit. 9To others the Holy Spirit has given great faith or the power to heal the sick 10 or the power to work mighty miracles. Some of us are prophets, and some of us recognize when God's Spirit is present.  Others can speak different kinds of languages, and still others can tell what these languages mean.

There is however no indication that God wants people to add new books to the Bible;He seems very content with what has already been published!In fact He has issued a dire warning to those who attempt to add new prophecies to the Book of Revelation which to date even the Mormons have respected.

Revelation 22:18

Here is my warning for everyone who hears the prophecies in this book: If you add anything to them, God will make you suffer all the terrible troubles written in this book.

4. medicfrogs profile image65
    medicfrogsposted 13 years ago

I apologize for not having the exact dates, but I remember when I was in high school I asked this same kind of question. My teacher told me about how the King James bible was assembled and how the books of the new testament are not even in strict chronological order. The books of Peter John and some others were actually dated *after* the book of revelations, even though the king james version has them appearing before. So if the phrase "nothing to be added" is taken literally, and not just in respect to Revelations itself, then the epistles of Peter and John should be considered false.

5. Blessitbe profile image59
    Blessitbeposted 13 years ago

My personal belief is that there will come a day when the lord converses with us again and we will all believe in him where there it’s too late or not.

This past weekend I was reading the hidden books also known as the Dead Sea scrolls, there are a lot of books that were kept out of the bible for whatever reason.

But a couple of verses caught my attention from the book of Adam and Eve, they talked with god before they sinned, they could see a lot more then we can NOW. 

Adam laments the changed conditions. Adam and Eve enter the Cave of Treasures, where god told them to go:

BUT Adam and Eve wept for having come out of the garden, their first abode. 2 And, indeed, when Adam looked at his flesh that was altered, he wept bitterly, he and Eve, over what they had done. And they walked and went gently down into the Cave of Treasures.

Another one: 8 And Adam said to Eve, "Look at thine eyes, and at mine, which afore beheld angels in heaven, praising; and they, too, without ceasing.

9 "But now we do not see as we did: our eyes have become of flesh; they cannot see in like manner as they saw before."

10 Adam said again to Eve, "What is our body to-day, compared to what it was in former days, when we dwelt in the garden?" THEN Adam and Eve entered the cave, and stood praying, in their own tongue, unknown to us, but which they knew well.

2 And as they prayed, Adam raised his eyes, and saw the rock and the roof of the cave that covered him overhead, so that he could see neither heaven, nor God's creatures. So he wept and smote heavily upon his breast, until he dropped,.

These verses make me believe there will come a time when our eyes will be opened and the lord will let us see the truth again.

Just something to think about, these are just some of the books that we have not read yet.

6. Dian'swords4u profile image60
    Dian'swords4uposted 13 years ago

God continually speaks to people every day.  The Bible is God's inherant, infallible word.  It was given by him and is to be used by us to understand his ways for our lives.  It answers every question in our minds.  It is complete.  There should be nothing else to be added to it.  In fact the scriptures states that we should not add anything else to it or else be punished.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)