What is the most difficult problem you have faced in your web business, and what

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. dusy7969 profile image61
    dusy7969posted 13 years ago

What is the most difficult problem you have faced in your web business, and what is one tip that...

What is the most difficult problem you have faced in your web business, and what is one tip that you learned through trial and error that you could pass on?

2. Crewman6 profile image82
    Crewman6posted 13 years ago

One and the same... learning that I can get a good start without spending money.  I tried a number of programs that cost a wide range of money.  Some worked, at least to some extent.  Some just sucked away my money.  But I still learned.  By the time I found Hub pages, I was ready for it.  Ready to commit, ready to work, I already had an Adsense and Amazon affiliate account.  And the cool thing was, I didn't need to spend money here.  Just work hard, keep learning, and keep trying to improve.  \
    At the moment, my Hubpages income is on the order of a part-time job.  But my wife's been impressed ever since we got our first honest to goodness Amazon paycheck a few months ago.  I've still got a lot of work to reach my goals, and I'll eventually branch out to buying my own domains, hosting my own sites... but it'll be with money I made here.  Spending nothing but time and hard work.
    Cool question.

3. izoooom profile image61
    izoooomposted 13 years ago

- Time Management has been my biggest problem as you have to plan out each task and carry it out to take you to the next level. I've learned to set time limits on the tasks and not look at non-useful websites. I now make time to look at other sites not related to the online business.

Patience is another that is related to time management as the amount of returns you get related to the amount of 'efficient' work you do. In the office, you get paid eitherway, online you have to realize not everyone will get paid no matter how much you work. The work you do has to be targeted, efficient, and it will take time for most people. I'm in the 'being patient' stage as I can see the pennies and cents stacking up so I look at the areas making the returns and do more of that. This was learned through trial and error i.e. just because you 'want' to do something or write about something doesn't mean people will 'want' it too.

- In the Friends and Family side, I have noticed because of being online, you are not taken as seriously as if you were in the office. Sometimes, I get the impression they think I'm just playing online smile Then they want you to drop everything and do something instead of being online.

Again, this comes back to time management so if you plan family time, web surfing time, business research time, I have found things work out better. It is very easy to get carried away with surfing too many sites, trying out lots of 'tips' found online and before you know, you will have wasted lots of time.

4. John Robberson profile image35
    John Robbersonposted 13 years ago

great question.  I would say that my biggest problem was Implementation.  I've spent a lot of money and taken what seems like every new  course on how to build my online business, however, I would go from class to class without really Implementing that theory.  Once I realized this, and started focuses on completely setting up one marketing strategy or funnel before moving on to the next, my business started to take off.

Knowledge for knowledge sake is fine in theory, however, in business, if you don't apply what you know, your business won't grow. 

So, I would advise that you continue to improve yourself and your business, but make sure to implement the strategies before moving on.  It will make all the difference.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)