What kind of dog do you have?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Jordan Hemmann profile image60
    Jordan Hemmannposted 13 years ago

What kind of dog do you have?

If you have a mutt, what are the mixes? Do you recommend this breed/mix?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4531222_f260.jpg

2. tnderhrt23 profile image74
    tnderhrt23posted 13 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4111448_f260.jpg

My oldest son and I adopted a Snoodle (schnouzer/poodle mix)  from a shelter in Clarksville, Ky in 2004. He is, without a doubt, hands-down, the sweetest, best behaved, most loveable dog either one of us has ever met. We named him Shadrack after a Biblical figure in the Old Testament, a man of Faith, and call him Shad.

3. tmgoldmarketing profile image60
    tmgoldmarketingposted 13 years ago

Thats one cute little guy. In answer to your question, we have Shih Tzu, Lab, Malta-Poo and border collie. Quite a family and we love them dearly.

4. ts.erlandsson profile image60
    ts.erlandssonposted 13 years ago

Hi Jorden. I think there are lots of charming mutts out there. I would chose a "Golden Retriver" ( swedish name? ). I love their cheerful temperament. The mutt on your picture is very cute.

5. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 13 years ago

We adopted a "miniature schnaupin" (miniature schnauzer, miniature pinscher cross) from the local shelter, and she suits our family very well. She is very intelligent, but very high-energy. While she loves to play with the kids, it took a lot of training to make sure she didn't playfully nip them and accidentally hurt them. She is very territorial and thinks she rules all that she surveys, but with consistent training she will now only bark once or twice at anything she sees or hears and stop as soon as I tell her "enough." This is a great mix if you have the time and expertise to invest in training, as well as plenty of time for long walks or runs because they need a LOT of exercise.

6. Donna Janelle profile image67
    Donna Janelleposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4301085_f260.jpg

I have a Maltese/Shih Tzu mix. Her name is Molly and she is such a sweet dog! We got her about seven months ago and I am so glad we did!

7. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 13 years ago

I have newfoundland dogs. Cuddly, lovable, affectionate, smart and hairy smile

8. kmcmichael profile image69
    kmcmichaelposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4533596_f260.jpg

I have a labradoodle (lab/standard poodle). She isn't hypoallergenic like doodle mixes are rumored to be. But she is energetic, beautiful, and is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever know. I would recommend a labradoodle if you like to exercise and don't mind a dog who wants to be with you 24/7. It would be a great choice if you have children. My labradoodle is very gentle.

9. Gary Rowell profile image59
    Gary Rowellposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4534027_f260.jpg

A black lab named Sammy. The best family dog I've ever had.Good guard dog and very well mannered.

10. Mayaanjali profile image69
    Mayaanjaliposted 13 years ago

Its a cross breed- Daschund and Doberman.  Was disowned by previous owners and abandoned.  She is a darling!

11. Edoka Writes profile image61
    Edoka Writesposted 13 years ago

I have a black Lab/Chow mix named Godiva Lorraine :-)

12. AngelaPereira profile image63
    AngelaPereiraposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4540146_f260.jpg

I have a dalmatian and two Labrador Retriever. I just publish a hub about my dalmatian,with some photos http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Train-your-Dalmatian
    She is 10 months old and is adorable :-)

13. Christy Goff profile image61
    Christy Goffposted 13 years ago

I have a cocker spanial, but he's a pound puppy.  If you love the pup, then any breed is good.  He/she looks adorable to me.

14. sonia05 profile image61
    sonia05posted 13 years ago

I have a labrador and i believe he is a great family dog,very loving and cute!

15. nixmandy profile image59
    nixmandyposted 13 years ago

I do not have a dog a the moment. The people I am staying with now will not allow it.
    But I have had many dogs in my days. There is not a particular breed or mix that is any better than any other. It would be like asking which kind of human you like better,

The important thing is to get a feel of the dog's personality. Some will say that certain breeds or mixes act this way but that is clearly not true(to me anyway). Like us each dog has it's own personality. It is my opinion that mix breeds have personality that stand out more.Once you get a feel of the dog's personality you will be able to tell if he/she is the one for you!

16. tlpoague profile image82
    tlpoagueposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3955634_f260.jpg

We bred a Lhasa/Bichon together for a La-Chon. She is adorable. (My daughter treats her like a kid.) I went with the LaChon because of my families allergies. I found that they have some interesting personalities. I have even wrote a hub on them to help other families with allergies understand why we made the choice we did.
    With so many choices of dogs out in the world, it is hard to pick just one breed or another, that is why when we decided to get one we did a lot of research and meeting the animals. (It helps to interact with the animal to make sure that they are compatible with you and the family.)

17. Jan Fowler profile image59
    Jan Fowlerposted 13 years ago

I have the most amazing, pretty, kind, loyal puppy companion in the world! (Yes, I am partial) She is 1/2 queensland heeler and 1/2 australian shepperd. One of the fun things she does is plays volleyball with her nose, bouncing tennis balls back at me. I love her and she loves me!

18. letscithappen profile image60
    letscithappenposted 13 years ago

I have a chinese crested hhl (hairyhairless). Her picture is on the side. I recommend this breed because they are usually quiet dogs. They don't shed. They have no dander so they are great dogs for people who have allergies. They are loving little dogs. Playful and love to learn new tricks. But they are also a very clingy dog they follow you everywhere.

19. tenaciousgui profile image60
    tenaciousguiposted 13 years ago

i don't have one but gee, i sure do want a siberian husky

20. renee21 profile image77
    renee21posted 11 years ago

I have two dogs.  One is a german shepherd/beagle mix and the other is a chihuahua/dachshund mix.  The little one is a designer breed, called a Chiweenie.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)