I asked: At school, there's this hot chick (imo) who always is with friends. I m

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. profile image52
    ecimoposted 13 years ago

I asked:
    At school, there's this hot chick (imo) who always is with friends. I mean, literally,...

she's never alone - except when she goes to her locker in the hallway, which is the next one to me. Is this a way to approach her? How would I start a conversation? We share a few classes, and have done for the past 6 months, wouldn't it be awkward?

Also, I don't really want her friends to be around when I talk to her, how can I avoid this? Will it become better once I break the ice?

What's a good way to make her want "more of me"? Talk to me? I was thinking, maybe she'd drop her books someday, and I would get them. Or would that be to cliche? HALP

You answered:
    just say something random wh

2. T.Y._Hudson profile image60
    T.Y._Hudsonposted 13 years ago

Fear not, amigo. General T.Y. is on the case!
    First mission, go right up to her at her locker tomorrow, and say, "some fat kid down the hall, just told me that you said I was ugly! That wasn't very nice of you, it hurt my feelings!"
    Nine times out of ten, she won't tell you that she thinks you are ugly. Even if you are! Most likely, she will deny it. There is always the possibility that she will tell you that she thinks you are hot. Regardless, this will open the door for all sorts of interesting approaches. You can judge right away, how her reaction is. If she blows it off, and seems like she could care less that you are talking to her, then you know that she's not into you. If she shows anything else, you have a chance.
    You can start calling her, "girl who has the locker beside mine", "and girl who likes to hurt my feelings".
    I actually scored plenty of dates this way, and one with a girl, who's locker was beside mine. I would start to pick on her, I drew a comic and stuffed it in her locker. The comic showed me and her at our lockers. The speech bubble coming from me said, "What's up, girl who has the locker beside mine? You look so lovely today!" Then the bubble coming from her said, "don't talk to me, ugly!"
    Every time I saw her, I would give her the evil eye. Not in a super serious way though. Then, thanks to the letters I kept stuffing into her locker, she was getting a dose of me when I wasn't around. This kind of thing, will stay on her mind. It will make her laugh. It will keep you in her focus. Then you always have the option of going up to her and saying, "I was gonna ask you out on a hot date, but then you had to go and start hating on me! So now I don't think I want to anymore."
    Or, you can do that right off the bat, the first time you confront her for calling you ugly. Just pay attention to her reaction and body language. It will tell you if she is interested or not. And if you don't want to go that route, try to use a little humor to get her attention. "Some fat kid just stepped on my foot!" If you can't use humor, the final act, is to wimp out, and have one of her friends find out what she thinks of you.
    Good luck, lemme know how it works out.

3. Sand381 profile image60
    Sand381posted 13 years ago

hey bud,
    T.Y Hudson had pretty much elaborated on what i said before in the thread but i'll just add some things here.

First off you have to be able to create a basic "we know each other" feel between you. when i said say something  random that was to break the ice. like T.Y said you can go with the comical approach but you have to be semi funny otherwise you'll say something funny but then when she gets to know you your arent funny at all!

so next time you at your locker and shes there, make a completely random statement that you can engage her in about your current situation. for example "man you can never get enough of your junk in these lockers right?" its random its normal, heres the good part. add humour "wait are you stalking me? i see you here way too many times for ti to be a coincidence." [evil/suspicious eyes] she'll say well this is my locker or something. "then you can be like Riiiighhhht sure... im watching you"[do the whole point at your eyes then her eyes thing] so there you go you have basic rapport and a private joke. so when you see her around you can be like "are serious! here too!" now you have an ongoing private joke.

the nickname is always good. 'locker girl', 'locker stalker' you catch my drift? remember to keep it cheeky but not hurtful at all times!

where now? well dont wear out the joke. time to move on, after a couple days of teasing, just say something like "ah im just kidding im [name]. but seriously your not stalking me are you?"
    she will tell you her name. have small talk "im in your english class blah blah blah"

as for the friends id recommend approaching the girl your into while shes with them. i know you'd rather avoid it but theres no way you can separate the girl from her friends if the friends dont know you.

a combo of what i said and what T.Y Hudson said and your sorted man. Good luck! keep me posted

4. luckycharmz profile image61
    luckycharmzposted 13 years ago

I like T.Y._Hudson's advice.  I like his reverse pscyhology tactics; I'll have to try that out.  In high school, I was never good at these things.  it was the same way in college.  Fugly girls were hitting on me, but I just wanted the blonde hair, blue eye, cheerleading type.

I think the main problem is when we idealize people so much, and put them on a pedestal.  It's difficult to relate to someone like that; much easier when we know that they are normal ordinary people. 

Once, I had lunch with the Mayor of the city, and it's incredible how normal and ordinary he is.  I was fearful at first because he was a public figure.  After a few minutes, I didn't worry too much about it because he was normal guy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)