Do you like a hairy chest man or a smooth chest man?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (30 posts)
  1. tdebrick profile image61
    tdebrickposted 13 years ago

Do you like a hairy chest man or a smooth chest man?

My significant other read that real men don't shave their chest and stopped shaving his chest and he looks like he turned into a werewolf.

2. Loveslove profile image60
    Lovesloveposted 13 years ago

I simply LOVE hairy men...hairy Chest ,hairy anything ..!!!

1. profile image52
      almorrposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Love you "Lovesslove".  I'am your kind of man

3. MickS profile image61
    MickSposted 13 years ago

I don't ever fancy men, hairy chested or bald; I know I don't fancy hairy chested women, although I don't worry about where else they carry hair.

1. profile image52

If a woman has a hairy chest, she has hormone problems, unshaved untrimmed hairy arm pits and a thick forest of untrimmed hair 'down there', now that is sexy to me.  I like a women who is "au natural"

4. arb profile image78
    arbposted 13 years ago

Real men are werewolves. Imagine a bare chested werewolf, none of the other werewolves would invite him to play in all the werewolf games!

1. profile image52

That's great I agree that 'real men are werewolves'  I have been compared to a werewolf as far a my hairy chest is, but unfortunately, I have only a light layer of hair all over my back, however, shoulders, arms, legs, 'down there' are all very hairy

5. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 13 years ago

Hairy! I've always loved having all sorts of hair to play with wink. In light of this, anyone who has ever read one of my hubs with a picture of my husband will know why we get along so well tongue. Smooth chests just seem too prepubescent to me.

1. profile image52

agree fully with you wychic,  to me who has never waxed, shaved or even trimmed 1 hair of my chest ever, men that do that are like little boys and very prepubescent also, keep your very hairy chest the way nature intended.

6. dianne143 profile image40
    dianne143posted 13 years ago

I like man who has a smooth chest..... I find it more clean than a hairy man.

1. profile image52

Not true, a man like me with a very hairy chest is just as clean as a man who shaves his chest, it just LOOKS as if he is not clean, anyway a man who shaves his chest in my opinion is a sissy. If he is naturally smooth, that is a pity.

7. iZeko profile image95
    iZekoposted 13 years ago

I prefer men who shave or at least trim... It's called hygiene. Being a real man doesn't mean you have to look like a caveman.

1. profile image52

I am very hairy, I have never even trimmed any hair off anywhere, I have never been called dirty and I am very hygienic, cavemen usually washed at the seaside or in a river or in hot bathing pools, that was a long time ago. Cavemen were real men.

8. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 13 years ago

could care less, if you shave your chest but your still a dumbass,.... your a smooth chested dumbass.

had both in diff variations, and i can honestly say it didnt matter,... however,... if you have hair pouring out of all parts of your clothing,..... do something about it.

1. profile image52
      almorrposted 9 years agoin reply to this

like the bit of 'having hair pouring out of all parts of your clothing' usually the top of the neck unbuttoned is the most common place for that to occur.Could also happen when bending down or stretching up, then you could see his hairy back or stoma

9. tHErEDpILL profile image82
    tHErEDpILLposted 12 years ago

if you were born hairy you were born hairy, so what?  Groom ya pubs so that everything down their stays hospitable and keep it moving.  I don't understand why people go out of their way to change the way they are.  If you have a big nose you have a big nose.  If you have A cups you have A cups, so what?  Work with what you got.

1. profile image52
      almorrposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good post, I don't know if I was BORN hairy, the hair did appear on me during the year between my 13th and 14th birthday, the hair grew so fast that by the time I was 15 I was a lot more hairy than grow  men a lot older than me.

10. Exotic_Kitten profile image40
    Exotic_Kittenposted 12 years ago

smooth but if the man doesnt like smooth let him have a "LITTLE HAIR"
    I gotta say I dont Mind a little hair but too much and i'll be like *stalks off*
    In my opinion Real Men Do Shave Their Chest. Its Up to the man who shaves/doesn't shave it or their signficant other whether they want shaved/unshaved chest lol or any other area for that matter.

11. Dalaina profile image68
    Dalainaposted 12 years ago

In my opinion, a hairy chest is a sign of masculinity. However, too much here can become a nuisance. I love being able to lay on my husband's chest without his chest hairs getting in my mouth or up my nose!

Like everything else, we all have our own opinions and can agree to disagree!

1. profile image52

I suppose it is a matter of how long his chest hair is, I think mine is about 4 or 5 inches long, its difficult to tell, I would have hated not to have had a hairy chest. I always wanted to have one even before they started to grow.

12. mybabymayra profile image60
    mybabymayraposted 12 years ago

i perfer smooth i dont know why but i dont like a man with a hairy chest thats just my point of view

1. profile image52

OK  if you met the man of your dreams, fell in love with him, but one sunny day he stripped off in a park and you noticed he was like ape hairy, would you still love him  mm, I hope you would stay with him

13. Peanutritious profile image60
    Peanutritiousposted 12 years ago

Smooth all the way! I find hairy chests (and horror of horrors hairy backs and shoulders) rather frightening!  I know that sounds strange.  I have been out with hairy men in the past but can't seem to get over the hair issue!  No, i'm not perfect and don't mean to offend anyone, it's just how I feel.  The question was asked and i've given my view.

1. profile image52
      almorrposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What's so frightening about hairy backs and shoulders, I have both, light covering on my back but a good thick carpet on my chest and shoulders. For some strange reason I notice men with very hairy backs tend to work in the construction industry.

14. Zabbella profile image74
    Zabbellaposted 12 years ago

I do like  some hair on the chest, the arms and some facial hair on my guy.  And yes, he can be bald. ( go figure!)

15. profile image0
    V Qisyaposted 12 years ago

Well, I don't mind either one. As long he's not half man, half werewolf ;D

1. profile image52

LOL  One time I stripped off in a park on a warm day, some of the girls gasped that my chest was like a werewolves and my arms like a monkeys, I don't know about that but it just showed what those girls think of us men who are on the hairy side.

16. profile image52
    almorrposted 11 years ago

tdebrick, you say that real men don't shave their chests and you partner (significant other) has stopped and now looks like a werewolf.  Don't worry, he isn't the only one. As far as my chest is concerned, I'am one up on your partner, I have NEVER shaved my chest ever, and also I have been called a werewolf also regarding my chest by a few people, strangely I don't mind that, I have always been proud of my hairy chest, so don't you worry either, real men, werewolves or not should all be proud of their manly chests and so should their wives/partners etc.

17. HappyMikeWritter profile image61
    HappyMikeWritterposted 10 years ago

Man should be a man. If he has naturally hairy chest then he should keep it. If you ask which one I prefer then I would say Hairy chest man.

1. profile image52

Of course that is true, I personally hate a guy who shaves his chest, I just call him a big sissy, that means he still looks like a little boy on his chest.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)