Why am I feeling so stressed and hurting for our world, and I believe in God?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (23 posts)
  1. mdiggs1234 profile image69
    mdiggs1234posted 13 years ago

Why am I feeling so stressed and hurting for our world, and I believe in God?

with everything going on in the world, why do I feel so stressed and hurting for our world..why do I feel this way...and I believe in God..?

2. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 13 years ago

Just because we believe in God doesn't mean that we don't feel suffering. It is what it is, and we just have to turn the negative into positive advacating for what it is right.

3. Richard Fernandez profile image64
    Richard Fernandezposted 13 years ago

I do not know if my answer will make you feel better, but here it goes... you can believe in God and still feel for our peoples situation. There is a chance of a creator, but if there is this entity has no direct contact with matter in our universe, humans included. It is something very special to be human. I would recommend trying to leave the world better than you left it, so that you can ease the suffering of future generations.

4. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 13 years ago

I'm sorry you're so stressed! Whether or not you believe in god, you have to remind yourself that what's happening in the world isn't your fault. I'm not religious, so I can't fully answer your question, but just remember that things will get better. You should feel better about yourself simply because you are symathetic and worried enough to acknowledge that there is some pretty heavy stuff going on in the world. Keep your chin up smile

5. mikielikie profile image58
    mikielikieposted 13 years ago

why wouldn't you? God doesnt do things for no reason at all. I'm sure there a lot of people out there are   pretty worried about it all and how could He do all this to so many good people and why. We will never know. Atleast not until we meet our maker.Its all gonna happen even if we stress.

6. Lady MJ profile image83
    Lady MJposted 13 years ago

It is completely natural to feel that way. I feel the same way. I do not like the unpredictable, I am scared out of my mind. Everything I am searching for is nothing I can find. I can not do my best because I can not hold it in my hand.
    I ask for a sign to help me understand. What we may not know is that the sign is already there.
    We have failed to read it, with our backs against it, thinking life was so unfair. Talk to Him out loud, just let it go. Whatever happens is what you need to know. There will be no judgment, there will be no critique. He is just there to listen when you need to speak. Know that you are not alone. He listens to each beat of your heart
    and feels the tap of each stepping stone.
    He mends it when it falls apart and that's why he is sitting on his throne. We could all have it worse, but with new reflections, put it in reverse.
    Once again you can be happy with the things he blesses you with each and every day. Knowing you can always stop and ask for directions if you ever lose your way.  And now is the time we stand up and make a change.

Holy Cow. I have to write that down. Thank you for the inspiration.

7. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 13 years ago

Sometimes it is a deep trust issue. We can't find peace because we haven't let things fall into God's hands. Trusting that God knows and is bigger than we are to handle things. It is a long, hard, learned, lesson we all have to learn.

8. Thesource profile image68
    Thesourceposted 13 years ago

Do not feel stress and get hurt of about this world.
    God has send you these to so that you can define yourself through these issues.

Define yourself through your choices, decision, actions, words and thoughts.

Life is a God given opportunity for you to define yourself.

Do worry, when the dust settles God will show you that this is part of God's Grand perfect plan and you will see its wonder.

Go in peace and take these opportunities to show who you really are. Apart from self definition there is no other purpose in life.

9. Pedroemose profile image60
    Pedroemoseposted 13 years ago

I think God hurts more than you do.  It comes with loving people.

10. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3137685_f260.jpg

Because it's a messed up world and you feel bad that it has to be that way and probably feel helpless even though God has a plan. Try not to let it bother you too much, life is what it is. Try to remember the serenity prayer. Change the things you can, and except the things you cannot.

11. edhan profile image38
    edhanposted 13 years ago

It is human nature to feel hurt and stress as I do feel the same way when I hear news of disasters where people are being killed every other days. Believe in God does not means that we will not be stressed or ability of feeling hurt. It is a lesson we need to learn as human beings.

I do believe there is a plan in what we are doing and some do it the right way while others need to make mistakes to learn. It is alright to be stressed or feeling hurts.

12. capncrunch profile image76
    capncrunchposted 13 years ago

Try turning off media for a while.  A little alone time in meditation and prayer can really do some good.  Where the head goes the body will follow.

13. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

i have no idea and i don't see how believing in god would give you a better outlook. it seems religion has everyone worried about judgement day which i find hilarious. try believing in yourself and other people and looking at all the good things in the world instead of the doom and gloom of religious teachings and scare tactics.

14. Claudin_Dayo profile image59
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

Let go and let the Lord have His way on the things that concerns you for only the Lord can bring you the peace that you ever needed.. . smile

15. Zubair Ahmed profile image73
    Zubair Ahmedposted 13 years ago

Last thing you need is to get stressed over what is happening in the world.  Yes we cannot help but feel the anguish many of our brothers and sisters in humanity are experiencing, the best thing we can do is pray for them and seek ways that we can be of help to those who need our help....all the best.

16. lostdogrwd profile image61
    lostdogrwdposted 13 years ago

because there no hope for man save God. for the love of money and self man going to destroy this world and every one see it and no one can stop it for every one need money to live and we as people forgot how to live without money for we don't want to grow our food or raise livestock or make our clothes. we as people want to be rich or get money and if it take killing. oppressing other, robbing. stealing, what ever it take that what man do and no shame in doing it  man love to buy thing and than go around those who don't have and say look at me or what I have and you don.t God is the only answer for we know man going to one day kill everything on this world

17. akuigla profile image61
    akuiglaposted 13 years ago

It is ok to feel stressed
    You are just imperfect human,like all of us
    But praying rosary for couple of days should alleviate your stress
    This helped me
    And the fact that Carmelicans nuns pray rosary 24 hours daily for peace in the world

18. Born Again 05 profile image78
    Born Again 05posted 13 years ago

I too believe in God. When I start to worry, when everything seems out of control, I remind myself of who's really in charge...God. I place my troubles at the foot of the cross and ask Him to lift the burdens from me and give me peace. He has never let me down! As we get closer to "the end" the troubles of this world will increase in frequency and intensity. Yes, it is all part of God's plan. Romans 8:28, "And we know that God works all things together for good for those that love Him; for those that are called according to His purpose." Do you LOVE God? If so, than fear not! Trust in Him. He will give you peace. Praying for you!

19. profile image0
    jasper420posted 13 years ago

simple answer to that is because you care

20. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 13 years ago

I don't have an answer for "you," however for me it is the impact of being socialized into a mindset by media. A trick I learned, again for me is this; Even though I know how big the world is and there is so much happening in it and the butterfly affect may be relevant, I am only with whom I am with and that is the reality of my NOW. There is an old saying that perception is reality. Reality cannot be changed but perception can. I know, I know, a puzzle of sorts. I find peace with Hebrews 13:8 and Psalms 27:1. Personally I really don't require any other verses other than these two.

21. profile image0
    CollBposted 13 years ago

It could be that you think of the pain and suffering many are experiencing right now and that it affects you deeply to see this, causing you anxiety and despair for the world.  Perhaps too your belief in God has made you indirectly question the reason for such hardship and why God is still allowing this to happen even though it has been going on since the beginning of the Biblical times.

22. profile image53
    firesisleposted 12 years ago

That's because there's a difference between "believing", and having faith.  Christian faith tells us to give everything to Him, and to trust Him.  In Him all things are found, and all things are possible.

23. Dear Josie profile image60
    Dear Josieposted 12 years ago

Try to drop the stress. It says in the Bible that it is a sin to WORRY> You are suppossed to leave it up to God. I know bad things happen, but that makes us a stronger person, through, God, and can handle anything that happens,bad, in your every day life. Just, trust in the Lord and PRAY daily.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)