Can there be happiness without sadness? Pleasure without pain? Peace without w

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Jangaplanet profile image60
    Jangaplanetposted 12 years ago

Can there be happiness without sadness?  Pleasure without pain?  Peace without war?

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 12 years ago

Absolutely yes. This will happen when GOD will create an new heaven and new earth for human beings to occupy and dwell forever with him as Jesus Christ will be ruling and reigning over the new earth that human beings will be dwelling on because the old earth and old heaven have been destroyed and created new for human beings to live this way forever on the new earth and new heaven. It is coming and just hold on as we are going to this new heaven and new earth. You can live this way now by knowing and walking with GOD moment by moment on the earth now in your life on the earth. I am living this way and others can too because on August 1, 1982 A.D. a Sunday morning GOD shown me in a vision the other side of death. It is glorious.

3. Mr. Happy profile image69
    Mr. Happyposted 12 years ago

Rhetorical question? The answer is: No.

4. micahjoy profile image61
    micahjoyposted 12 years ago

I abosolutely believe that there can be, and in fact there IS. Many people only think there wouldn't be happiness/pleasure/peace only because we wouldn't know it as we do now... as something that appears only as a yin to a yang, as the opposite of something worse.

If there was no war, that state would be peace.  If there was no sadness or pain, happiness and pleasure would be a constant way of life. There would still be varying levels of happiness - I would say the natural state of things would then be a level of contentment that many can not concieve of, because for many people, happiness and contentment are foreign feelings.

But for the most part, WE HUMANS are the ones creating our sadness, our pain, and certainly our wars.  We DO live in a constant state of contentment. The world is perfect. The world itself is not filled with sadness or war. WE HUMANS create that. We also, for the most part, create our happiness and our pleasure. Happiness is a choice. So is pleasure, and so is peace (as a personal state at least).

5. frogtalk profile image60
    frogtalkposted 12 years ago

Yes, I think there can be. Once this life is over for those who go to heaven there will be happiness without sadness, pleasure without pain, and peace without war. What once was there will be no more.

6. DomainNamesNews profile image60
    DomainNamesNewsposted 12 years ago

How would one know if that one existed without the other?
    I call it the twin effect of survival. Unless an encounter with both has occurred then an existing evaluation would be void except for the actual physical occurrence of the processes taking place in the physical status; however the mental awareness can only know both after both have been experienced. For example, how would you know that you were happy if you had never experienced pain? You would only know one side of the spectrum. War is actually a form of physical, verbal, etc. contact of two or more opposing bodies that disagree and are attempting to resolve using force in some way. Sometimes peace gets confused as to being the end of a war ignites peace. Well, again anyone must suffer and experience both forms of the opposite spectrum for both to exist. A balanced effect of negative and positive factors are needed for anything to function. The answer is simple when you look at it scientifically.

7. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 11 years ago

On this planet the answer is no because of the dual nature of this world.  In the spiritual world or Heaven the answer is yes.  I am told that in the spiritual world that there is bliss and it increases perpetually.  I hope to make it there.

Best wishes to you.

1. moneycop profile image61
      moneycopposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Darrel i am very much convienced and agreed with your answer, but i exclude heaven too. as heaven is also a high class of worldly pleasure nothing else. thanks for enlightment, u may find my hubs interesting regarding your answers

2. Darrell Roberts profile image72
      Darrell Robertsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I included heaven based on the Christian view of heaven.  I do understand the Vedic view of heaven is very different.  Thanks for your comment.  Have a great day.

8. moneycop profile image61
    moneycopposted 11 years ago

happiness is always chained with happiness, if its followed by a sadness then its only and tricky game of  mind, nothing else, played by some brilliant people, including nature.
    i have written some good hubs on happiness, you can find some details in them.

9. DDE profile image47
    DDEposted 10 years ago

happiness is enjoyed with mixed emotions and there is no way that happiness can be enjoyed  by itself in such a competitive world

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)