What is your favorite kind of music, which is not from English-Speaking countrie

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)
  1. TimMEy profile image70
    TimMEyposted 13 years ago

What is your favorite kind of music, which is not from English-Speaking countries?

Hereby I mean different cultures like Russian, Turkish, Bolivian etc. You can also give examples like Bands from other countries or Genres you like but please attach youtube videos and/or a Band name, so that others have the chance to check the music out.

2. dyonder profile image73
    dyonderposted 13 years ago

Although not contemporary, the Israeli band the Witches from the 90s & the last decade of J-pop

3. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 13 years ago

I like Eskimo Reggae music the best. ;-)

4. ginjill ashberry profile image76
    ginjill ashberryposted 13 years ago

Sape' music from Borneo. Sape' is a musical instrument made of wood, it has strings like the guitar. And the sound it makes is almost like plucking the strings of a guitar. But the music itself is one of a kind.

5. mondejar2009 profile image60
    mondejar2009posted 13 years ago

I like Tokio Hotel which music is a bit of Brit pop and rock but aside from they sing in English they are really German in nature.

6. Billrrrr profile image86
    Billrrrrposted 13 years ago

Walk the calles of any town in Mexico and you will be cheered  by the magical melodies called Mariachi.  It has to the happiest, most uplifty,  harmoniest music in the world. 

Say a prayer that the horrible drug wars will end.  Maybe these drugs should be legalized and taxed in both Mexico and the United States.

7. profile image0
    Dandraposted 13 years ago

flamenco baby!                                                                                  .

8. infodetective profile image60
    infodetectiveposted 13 years ago

Gnawa music or Music Gnawoui is very special and well paced...

9. jacoblee069 profile image61
    jacoblee069posted 13 years ago

I like Indian Hindi Music.... Love it ... smile

10. Ben Graves profile image80
    Ben Gravesposted 13 years ago

Electronic music, usually really chill stuff from all over Europe. Some from Russia too. They tend to make the lyrics in English well and, well, they just put out really good tunes.

11. Modibas profile image59
    Modibasposted 13 years ago

Well when it comes form non English speaking countries I guess I can only choose among Lithuanian music (since my other languages are not good enough to understand lyrics). Sadly majority of bands are extremely bad although some rock and folk artists are quite good. Since it is unlikely of you to understand Lithuanian I'd suggest you Vilkduja It's more about the rhythm than the words.

12. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 13 years ago

I like Chinese music as well as that from the Peruvian Andes.

13. Melanie Trausch profile image60
    Melanie Trauschposted 12 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4972255_f260.jpg

I love, love, love the world music of Putumayo! 

www.putumayo.com

14. profile image52
    kiki loves lukaposted 12 years ago

i like a russian song its a rap song called under the clouds but i can find the lyrics to memorize it

15. Dawit T profile image60
    Dawit Tposted 12 years ago

It must be Ethiopien music since I originate there. Even though I rarely listen to it now, and only used to do it as a child. But when I listen to it know it gives some kind of a connection with Ethiopia, and besides, It sounds pretty good.

16. profile image0
    johnnymnemonicposted 12 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6404194_f260.jpg

Celine Dion's early French albums, at the moment being.. Try this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is-WoCsXrBA

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)