How God speak/spoke to you?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. akuigla profile image59
    akuiglaposted 12 years ago

How God speak/spoke to you?

I believe in God, and I believe that He speaks to all.
    Please,share your experience when God made a contact to you?
    If you think it never happened,think of favorite place,animal,unusual, but pleasant event...

2. Zubair Ahmed profile image76
    Zubair Ahmedposted 12 years ago

I agree with you that God does speak to us people in many ways, unfortunately many of us are tuned (to use a crude analogy) into hearing or understanding when he does.  You could read my hub - How Does Allah (God) Speak To Us? to learn more.

3. pwfaith profile image61
    pwfaithposted 12 years ago

I think 99% of the time we don't listen but absolutely God speaks to us. God speaks to me through his word, other believers and his Holy Spirit - sometimes music, books, etc. The most prominent memory of God speaking was through my husband (a fellow believer), several years ago we had a miscarriage, a few months later we were pregnant again. One day I went to the bathroom and was having bleeding again. We were both so scared, we did not want another miscarriage. We agreed to call our pastor and the elders and have them come anoint me with oil and pray (James 5). When they left my husband asked "how do you feel", small in my faith I answered him "what do you mean, they just left" and he said "Sarah, reach out and touch the cloak of Jesus" - reminding me of the woman in the Bible who was bleeding, touched the edge of Jesus garment and was healed. Her faith healed her, she believed so much in Jesus and his power that even just touching his garment healed her. God used him and our circumstance to increase my faith and bring me to a deeper level of relationship with Him. Our son is now 7 years old smile After my husband encouraged me, I went to the bathroom and the bleeding had immediately ended.

4. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 12 years ago

It constantly happens, every night before I go to bed if I couldn't sleep for an hour lying in my bed I'll grab my devotional book and the Bible- and then I really know that what was written there was what God wants me to do.
    Like before the student council election in our school, He gave me a vision of a verse in the Scripture to read.. . And that verse was really another miracle from Him, words that I needed most ! Words of advice and  encouragement from our loving God.
    Although the Lord speaks in many ways, these are the ways the Lord spoke to me smile

5. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 12 years ago

In many ways like things that I do and it comes in signs. Sometimes I have dream about his words. Or at times He appears in a different form to send me messages.

6. monaz profile image59
    monazposted 12 years ago

Whenever I am going through a difficult time, I know God is trying to tell me to change direction and follow a different path. I wait, watch and observe, until I understand the message. I usually do.

7. adamkipling profile image40
    adamkiplingposted 12 years ago

Just yesterday I was putting some things in my car when I saw a woman on a bus stop who seemed like she was there for a while.  She looked by appearance like she could have been homeless or on drugs.  I didnt hear an audible voice, but I felt this overwhelming feeling and thought to ask her if she needed a ride.  The first thing I said was.. why Lord i feel uncumfortable asking a stranger to get in my car.  Then I felt and thought God telling me if you want to live an extroadinary life you have to do what I ask even if you feel uncumfortable.. whats the worst thing that can happen is she'll say no I dont need a ride?  If I just drove away it would have been just like every other day, but yesterday I decided to follow this feeling from God.  It turns out when I asked her if she needed a ride she lit up and got so excited for she had just been praying for a ride becuase she had to be somewhere soon and the bus was not going to get there on time and none of her friends were able to help her.  She was not homeless or on drugs but completly normal and very kind.  We talked about God and how crazy it was that he used me to answer her prayer and confirm to her that he loves her and listens to her prayers.  He confirmed to me that listening to that feeling that I get to go do something I feel uncoumfortable doing actually has great meaning and goes a long way for now we both have a testimony for the rest of our lives about how God answers prayers and also speaks to us to serve him.  This story is 100 percent true and it happened just yesterday.  I jsut want to make sure people know how amazed this woman was when I asked her if she needed a ride.. it was totally super natural.  And It feels amazing to feel God wanted to use me to answer someones prayers!

8. profile image0
    CollBposted 12 years ago

God speaks to us in many ways as you've mentioned in your additional notes to your question, through the natural habitat that we see around us, others who have a kind word or two to say and even in our own lives, through dreams, premonitions that we feel at times and in many other ways.

As the Bible says, we have to listen to that 'still, small voice' speaking to us every day but which we don't hear because we're so busy with our own lives, we forget God exists!

9. jtyler profile image60
    jtylerposted 12 years ago

I'm not sure.  I feel like he helped me out a long time ago when I needed it most (when I was very young).  It was a pivotal point.  He did something that pushed me in the right direction, and I took over from there.  I don't remember what medium he helped me through or when it was, but I do remember it happened nonetheless.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)