How did GOD became? He said, "I am the Alpha and Omega" but how?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)
  1. ginjill ashberry profile image75
    ginjill ashberryposted 12 years ago

How did GOD became? He said, "I am the Alpha and Omega" but how?

A question I have wanted to ask since forever yet hadn't been satisfied with the answer given. As an adult, I feel like I shouldn't need logic regarding my belief. Isn't faith believing without seeing? Yet, I know there is an answer, I just didn't know it.

2. peanutroaster profile image66
    peanutroasterposted 12 years ago

When something couldn't be explained like why the sun sets, the human mind created something to explain it.

3. www.lookseenow profile image62
    www.lookseenowposted 12 years ago

God did not, became, but he becomes.  He that approaches God must believe that he is and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him. (Hebrews 11:6)

Christian worship pivots around eternity, for our God is himself eternal. God is King of eternity, incorruptible, invisible, the only God; he deserves honor and glory forever and ever. 1 Timothy 1:17 

For humans, that may be hard to conceive—God never having a beginning.  On the other hand the entire universe whose age is estimated as 13 billion years old did have a beginning.  They called it a big bang, but I prefer to call it creation. God was already there in the beginning (when) God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

God’s eternity also extends into the future.  God will never die; hence, that Jehovah will reign for all eternity to come the psalmist proclaimed:

“Jehovah is King to time indefinite, even forever.” (Psalm 10:16)

4. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 12 years ago

Now listen very carefully and the answer is in the Alpha and Omega. The beginning and ending also the first and the last. GOD have always existed and will always exist. GOD is invisible and visible at the same time which is manifested to you always and the principles of the visible which exist from the foundation of the invisible along with the invisible that science investigate to understand how everything works out in an orderly fashion whether that might be in chaos or orderly fashion that comes out of chaos in the universe with the unseen such as black holes and dark matter or the seen such as the sun, stars, moon, planets, comets, etc... Other than this and you will have to wait until you die and crossover to the other side of death for a more detail and understanding of: How did GOD became?

5. peterxdunn profile image61
    peterxdunnposted 12 years ago

The words alpha and omega are from the Greek language. They denote the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet (as in alpha+beta: the second letter of the Greek alphabet). The ancient Greeks also used them to describe the eternal omnipresence of their god Zeus.

Believe me: there is nothing in the Bible that is original.

Now mark me down for telling the TRUTH.

6. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 12 years ago

"As man now is, God once was.  As God now is, man may become."  God is glorified and has worked out his salvation.  Through his triumph he partakes of eternal life and joy which is the perpetuation of the lives with eternal spirit posterity.  That spirit posterity (us) now matures in hopes that we may work out our salvation and share in everlasting joy as He does in raising up endless posterity.  This is the design of our being because it is His design.

7. Thesource profile image67
    Thesourceposted 12 years ago

In the beginning, before even time began, there was only God and Nothing.

For God to know God was not enough. God wanted to experience his supreme Godhead, infinite goodness and his supreme power..

To experience the full extent of Goodness one must also experience evil. To experience hot you also need to experience cold otherwise hot is meaningless. In other words you must also experience both ends of the spectrum to have the full experience.

However, the Almighty God ran into a problem. He had to un-god God to experience evil, weakness, sickness, misunderstanding, diseases and so on. Since God cannot un-god God. He came up with a brilliant plan.

He created the spiritual and physical universe. He also created Man. He allowed evil to exists and made Man imperfect, so that Man and experience both good, evil, disease, weakness, jealousy, anger, and so forth.

Now God feels everything including what Man feels. In this way, God can experience everything including his Supreme Goodness and Power through his creations which includes Man. So both God and Man is on a holy mission on God's great plan.

Now no one needs nothing to make anything. You can only make something out of something else. So God created everything with himself. He became every atom, photon, energy, and every thing else. He is the Great Seen and Unseen. He is Everything there ever was, is, and will be forever and ever. There is nothing else. In a sense, he is even not what he is. Even evil cannot exist without God.  To the Greeks everything can be represented by the term "Alpha and Omega". Actually it should be the Alpha and Omega and all in between. This meaning was lost in translation. Therefore God is everything in other words the "Alpha and Omega".

8. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

god became because some people wanted to be leaders and control the masses. they invented the concept of one god and used their education and ability to read and write as a tool to strengthen their ideas.

9. L.I.N.C profile image60
    L.I.N.Cposted 12 years ago

I appreciate your question very much.
    Growing up I was full of faith and I had no clue why or how. Raised by a single mom who was happy to bring me to church, I think mostly to impress the neighbors, was far from driven to do so.
    I just loved the concept of an All Mighty who had all the answers, who I could hand off my troubles to and that I could lean on in the quiet musings of my mind ( kind of like the ideal parent ?).
    I believe faith is rooted in our instincts and that is what answers the "believing without seeing".   The COLLINS English dictionary has several definitions of instinct, I liked this one :     "inborn intuitive power".
    It seems to me it is more about feeling than knowing.
    Whatch'ya think of them apples ??  :0)

10. Dian'swords4u profile image60
    Dian'swords4uposted 12 years ago

God is the Alpha and Omega which means he is the beginning and the end.  There was nothing before him and there will be nothing after him because there is only eternity, which means there is no end.  No one on this entire earth could ever explain this to you except that you must have the faith to believe it.  God created the earth and everything that is in the earth.  There is no such thing as the "Big Bang Theory" as schools are trying to get our children to believe. God is in complete control over this earth.  Everything that happens on this earth is for a reason.

1. bodylevive profile image61
      bodyleviveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

AMEN!

11. ginjill ashberry profile image75
    ginjill ashberryposted 12 years ago

Thank you, guys! Much appreciated.

In the last 9 months, i have found the answer that i seek. I guess we all have a right to what we choose to believe in. Perhaps we do not have, to have all the answers, because it was written: Lean not onto your own understandings. For His ways and His thoughts are higher than ours..who are we to fathom the mind of God. Alas.. Too much theology than the faith that was asked of christians,no?
    But i do remember these.. In the beginning the Word; and the word was with God.

PS: Jesus was the word that became flesh.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)