Can Casey Anthony be made to pay financial restitution?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. frugalfamily profile image72
    frugalfamilyposted 12 years ago

Can Casey Anthony be made to pay financial restitution?

She was found guilty of lying to police, was sentenced to 4 years and will be released next week.  I know that when you start a forest fire you can be sued for the cost to stop it so can't the city, county and state sue her for the cost of the investigations?

2. silver lining 5 profile image61
    silver lining 5posted 12 years ago

I believe that Casey Anthony can be made to pay restitution.  You are right that it is comparable to committing the crime of starting a forest fire.  In a sense she did start a forest fire and she thought she could just walk away.  Why should taxpayers be saddled and forced with the burden of costs to defend this person.  She is a liar and a horrible mother which makes her a very bad individual in my eyes and I suspect in alot of other people's eyes.  As a Christian I do not agree that we should "love" her and pray for her.  What she did is evil. I am not saying that she killed her child but the reporting and evidence of her behavior while her little girl was missing is deplorable.  What kind of mother does the things she was doing while fully aware that her child was missing?  She not only knew her child was missing but she lied that she knew where her child was.  All this while living "la vida loca."

3. haymaker18 profile image60
    haymaker18posted 12 years ago

All depending on what the judge orders. As of now, whatever court costs, attorney fees, the cost of the investigation yes, all dependeing what city ordinances, and what there state law says. Remember the real life 'Runaway Bride?' She had to payback the cost of her investigation, but that was because she submitted a false report to police. Thanks for your question.

4. KK Trainor profile image61
    KK Trainorposted 12 years ago

I believe the judge ordered about $45,000 in costs and fines, so that's court ordered. She's also probably going to be sued by Texas Exisearch (sp?) so she may have to pay for the search costs, although I don't know how that will go.

I just hope she can't find any place that will accept her in society and she lives her life miserable and broke.

5. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

From what I saw in the news she was charged only $1000 for each of the four counts of lying, for a total of $4000. I'm not sure if they will try to get any more from her.

6. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image66
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 12 years ago

Yes she can but I'm guessing that she will herself profit off of her daughters death with a movie or book. The way they glamorize criminals she might get a TV show, but I wouldn't watch it.

7. cbl2988 profile image61
    cbl2988posted 12 years ago

What?! Is this really a serious question?! Isn't four years of her life and the complete destruction of her reputation enough?!

8. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

WHAT? why are you trying to make her pay for something she was found not guilty of doing. what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty, does it matter to you. how would you like to go through what she went through? seriously. it bothers me to know end to see how many people who say they love their freedom convict someone because of the media.some of the people answering on this question make me sick. KK Trainor is one of them. how about you get charged for a crime but are found innocent and we all ruin your life?

9. frugalfamily profile image72
    frugalfamilyposted 12 years ago

@nightwork4.  The question is not about her innocence.  She was CONVICTED of a crime.  Lying to authorities and using countless man hours is a serious crime.  The questions is about finances.  Tax payers like restitution when their money is used for things based on a lie.

@cb Four years of time being fed and sheltered with government money does not pay for the actual resources used for her lies. 

Thank you for all of your responses.  My question was not meant to be a retrial. I only wanted to understand what resources could be recuperated.http://hubpages.com/question/128516/can-casey-anthony-be-made-to-pay-financial-restitution#

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)