Why are my HUBS being targeted ?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Loveslove profile image60
    Lovesloveposted 12 years ago

Why are my HUBS being targeted ?

I have had more than 4 HUBS  targeted  as SUNSTANDARD over the past few days ...I could understand it if they were particularly short or maybe no comments but they were all HUBS that have been on my page for  a long time,containing pictures  belonging to me and with lots of comments..I am really  annoyed  and want out  it seems to me if your face or writing skills fit you are ok.....How do I delete my profile and HUBS ?

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 12 years ago

oooooh...

Try and calm down. We know that you are hurt and angry, but that is no reason top stop writing. Just take a breather and think about it. If those hubs have comments then people are reading your work. It also means that you are impacting the lives of others.

Don't stop... you never know when what you have to say can change a persons life forever.  It just may be your words that change the course of a persons destiny.  If you love to write, then continue to write.

Ask the HubPages staff to be specific with you and when they are, believe them. If they say you should make certain corrections, then make them. They are only trying to help you and us based on the guidelines that are in place.

You are probably very talented, But an artist or writer who cannot take corrective criticism is in for a long, hard and angry journey. Please reconsider leaving.

3. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't take it too personally, you are in good company and you may have noticed that many good people are leaving HubPages in droves.

It is not the place it used to be that's for sure, far too concerned with making money than anything else.

I'm no expert but Google seems to be at the bottom of all this negative activity and the Jobsworth have as usual over reacted.

As for asking HP staff to explain themselves or expect justification of an action ... don't waste your time.   I tried it once and they moved the goal posts so many times I gave up, which I'm sure was the result they desired.

4. Loveslove profile image60
    Lovesloveposted 12 years ago

I am calm ..and it wouldnt bother me if the HUBS targeted were new ones with no comments...but they are not ,I am not hurt I can take critisism and often do ,but to me it seems the Hubs that are supposed to be substandard are some of my best work ! apart from  my poems that is .

5. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 12 years ago

Well I went twice to look and your hubs are very attractive but I do notice many are very sparse.None are suppose to be under 400 words although I have come slightly short a time or two. I only have low eighties and put much effort into mine and I would love to see 90. I figure though because you have ads and I don't but if I get people coming to hub pages that should be worth something. I have certainly been attacked by them so welcome to the club. Everyone is just waiting for anything like hubs and if someone was really smart they could put them out of business, but for now it is all we have...well... the best anyway, so they know we have to take it. They are starting to remind me of Obama though. Take this! Take that! And everyone does.

6. peterxdunn profile image61
    peterxdunnposted 12 years ago

Hi Loveslove

To find an answer to your question check out the word that you wrote out in capitals in the paragraph below your question.

Not only have you misspelt the word - you have also capitalized it to draw attention to the fact.

I know that there are those here on Hubpages that think spelling doesn't matter. Do not listen to those people. Spelling does matter. Misspelt words and bad grammar make Hubs look unprofessional - and they don't impress visitors to the site either. To keep people coming back to Hubpages for a 'bit of a read' contributors have to put in the work to ensure that their Hubs are presented in a 'professional' way.

We are all here to make an impression. We all want our readers to 'rate our stuff'.

Now please believe me when I say this. My spelling is no better than yours. The only difference is - I check and recheck everything. I use Open Office to put Hubs together. I use the inbuilt spell checker. If there is any doubt about a word I use Dictionary.com (I access this site direcly via a button from my browser). I will also, when possible, dragoon somebody into reading my stuff before uploading it. Other people are better at spotting your mistakes than you are.

After having done all that I still sometimes publish a Hub and find a spelling mistake. Once published mistakes seem to leap off the screen at you. No worries though - just hit the edit button - and deal with it.

If you really have something to say - and you want to relay that message to, possibly, the entire world - just a tiny bit more effort expended will pay dividends in the end.

7. ktrapp profile image92
    ktrappposted 12 years ago

I noticed the same misspelling as Peter in Loveslove's question. And Peter is from the UK and misspelt is a correct synonym for misspelled.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)