What do you think is the most exciting sports in the world?

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (72 posts)
  1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Those explosives dunks, thrilling buzzer beating shots, electrifying and creative lay-ups, and fluid and cohesive teamwork, makes me feel its basketball.

1. lawretta profile image62
      lawrettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is soccer forever (Football)!!!

2. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mma for me my friend

1. profile image0
        Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm a huge MMA fan as well...except I see it more as a way of life and a way to stay safe on the mean streets than I do as a sport.

Which I suppose isn't really all that fair of me.  Since they put in all those rules about not biting and hitting certain places and stuff, that does put it more in the sport category for sure. 

Started by watching the Gracies, Ken Shamrock, et al, then transferred at least some of my loyalty to Chuck Liddell.  One of the most noticeable things about MMA is how short the time span seems to be at the very top for nearly everyone.  Rough "game"!

1. tksensei profile image61
          tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good points all around.

GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah hehehe... indeed... thanks for posting guys, you're all welcome to post anytime again...

2. Anti-Valentine profile image76
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

I like contact sports like MMA and boxing.

3. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

cheerleading.. lol

hehehe this is not official sports yet wakikik, but cheerleading is fun nyahahaha and exciting you'll see sexy ladies flying in mid air.

4. Anti-Valentine profile image76
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

Towel-whipping in the locker-room. lol

Wakikik hehehe this is funny eh smile

5. profile image48
    krisdmdposted 14 years ago

For me it is cycling smile

6. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

I am big time cricket fan but when it comes to compare sports around the world, it is no doubt soccer. The most followed and definitely the most exciting sports in the world!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whats ya favourite team packerpack?

New Zealand lol smile

7. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

hmmmm hard but im going to have to say, womans mud wresling....smile

8. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I think there are 3. Gymnastics, Ice skating - so elegant.

Then the one with 2 fat men wearing a Thong. smile

1. kmackey32 profile image65
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would be sumo wresling..

1. Lady_E profile image62
        Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know, just wanted to put it in a funny way. smile
        You changed your Pic, you look younger.

1. kmackey32 profile image65
          kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh thanks it actually a newer picture. Must be as I age Im looking younger. lol

9. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Sky Diving in the Nude.

It is an ancient sport that must have been invented in China, as
    Confusius said: Man who fly upside down - must have Crack Up!

10. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Sumo is great!

11. Balinese profile image41
    Balineseposted 14 years ago

rugby and whitewater rafting  - so great

12. usmanali81 profile image60
    usmanali81posted 14 years ago

Weightlifting, Rugby, Football, Swimming, Polo and Shooting ...

really manly and vigorous games ...

13. Greek One profile image65
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

My top 3 are:

1) Hockey
    2) Hockey
    3) Hockey

.. oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention one more:  hockey

14. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Definitely Farnarkling.

Especially when the grommet is about to make contact with the sward.

15. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Ha! Listen at you guys. Not one of you has mentioned Extreme Stringing!

Now when you can do that you can call yourselves dangerous and excited big_smile

Waaaaa this is suicide nyahahahaha better enjoy it by yourself wakikik big_smile

2. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/b7ac234c06771c56

16. quicksand profile image82
    quicksandposted 14 years ago

Cricket! Howzaat?

17. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Snowboarding by far...hockey my second choice!

18. Research Analyst profile image74
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

The most exciting sports would be car racing.

19. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Ah okies you have had nice picks and funny too nyahahaha...

20. profile image57
    untiedshoelaceposted 14 years ago

Cross Country, JK I hate running. I would have to go with skiing and mountain biking. I like to explore. =]

skiing would be a blast but we dont have snow here in the Philippines nyahaha I want to try skiing though

21. maidouxixi profile image59
    maidouxixiposted 14 years ago

I reckon that is  basketball,which is full of passion and spirits.and  i like many NBA stars -Anthony-Howard-Carter-Yaoming-James and so on ...Basketball can burn my shining of life...supporting it ``

22. catey3 profile image57
    catey3posted 14 years ago

For me is basketball.
    and basketball.

23. blue dog profile image61
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

and basketball.

24. Lockenbar profile image60
    Lockenbarposted 14 years ago

This is certainly a subjective assessment, but hands down, the most exciting, the purist and entirely naked sport is professional boxing. Now I realize the "sweet science" has declined in popularity in the United States in the last 35 years; however, next to soccer, boxing still rules worldwide, especially in third world countries where the lighter weight divisions dominate.  When I hung up the gloves so many moons before, boxing was on it's way out, and we all knew it. But in the not so distant past, there was a boxing club in every neighborhood in the country.  And I would like to see a resurgence.  Boxing in the U.S. peaked during the great depression of the 1930's. Why? people were hungry and boxing was a way to put food on the table. Nowadays it would keep misguided youth away from gangs, drugs and crime and instill a sense of pride in themselves with hard work and dedication to something bigger than what they see as a hopeless existence.

25. GeoHoliday2009 profile image58
    GeoHoliday2009posted 14 years ago

I would say that car drifting excites me...

26. caderade2 profile image58
    caderade2posted 14 years ago

beach volleyball

1. goodfriendiam profile image60
      goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with him. But not for sport, just fun.

27. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Rodeo, prob'ly cuz I did it.

Gotta admit the Olympic level girl gymnasts hold my attention, though.  Must be why I married one.

Good for you ghosts nyahahaha gymnasts are athletic and sexy... So...

How's your life after years of your marriage with a gymnast hehehe you may answer this or not good ol' hotrod its ok with me either way.... hehehehe smile

1. profile image0
        Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

General, Pam and I've been together almost 13 years now.  No one else ever lasted with me for more than 8.  She's disabled, but mentally sharp as a tack (most days) and CAN still fight her way out of a dry paper bag.

So I guess my girl gymnast really is, still, one of my favorite sports.

What a captivating love you have there ghosts hehehe take care there and wish all the best to both of you lovebirds...

28. Super Hub Star profile image58
    Super Hub Starposted 14 years ago

Mine would be cricket, rugby union and mixed martial arts. Cricket has been great with the ashes going at the moment (the ashes is a competion bgwm Australia and england)

29. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Completely different answers depending on whether you mean watching it or doing it, for me.

30. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

lawretta are ya yellin' at me now here's for you too BASKETBALL!!! big_smile
    Hehehe just kidding aside aw, London girl i knew your busy with your new bundle of joy hehehehe, kinda i dont have the luxury to watch or do any sports for ya sorry hehehehe...

Cute baby there ha, hmm... you really know how to paint together with your hubby heheheh just kidding nyahahaha... tc the two of you... thanks for posting ...

31. Valerie F profile image62
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

The most exciting sports are the ones in which I parrticipate rather than just watch, my top three being cycling, fencing, and MMA.

32. no12u profile image60
    no12uposted 14 years ago

I have been riding either a dirt bike or ATV (Quad) most of my life. To me at this point in time,there is no better thrill than racing ATV's.  I dream it, I am 62 alive and in good shape because of it. If you can just close your eyes and imagine for a moment that you are on the starting line with 30 other racers, the smell of race fuel in the air, the sound of revving engines, all wanting to get to the first corner in the lead.  You are taking deep breaths and concentrating on the gate that is holding you back. You glance ahead and the 30 second board is turned.  You know that any second the gates will drop, your eyes are glued to the gate for the slightest movement and when you see it in that split second, you throttle the gas as you let the clutch out just enough to get the traction you need to get that advantage. You notice two or three other races out of the corner of your eyes that are holding with you.  Now it is who will hold out the longest before braking and have the best line at the corner.  You get there just about the same time as another and just brake enough to move to the inside and grab the hole-shot. Now going through the gears you are coming to the first obstacle, a set of jumps, one double and a large table top, on the course but you have practiced here so it isn't as daunting as it seems, you know the speed it takes to make the double jump and then you want to clear the tabletop landing on the downside of it.  The double is pretty intimidating if you aren't used to it and it is a do or die jump, one of those that you can't see the landing until you are committed, but you have done it before and know that you have to commit to make it. You speed is good and you feel good about it so you are going for it.  The feeling of flying through the air and the weightlessness of you and the quad and then making a perfect landing on the downside of the jump is awesome. Believe me I have missed this type of jump before and you know instantly that it is going to hurt so making it is good.  Now you are coming to the table top and it is about 60 to 75 feet in length so isn't too difficult.  You approach it and feel the quad get weightless when you clear the approach, sailing over the flat table and landing on the downside of the jump with throttle on ready for what is next. At this point you are still in the lead and have to really breathe and concentrate on consistency and accuracy to take the best and quickest lines to protect your lead, the first loser is one your tail.  If it all works out you finish in that position.  One of my favorite types of ATV racing is a National Series (WORCS)that combines MX and off road style racing.  It is a timed race that is approximately 5 to 10 mile loops that you have to complete in 60 minutes.  These races are a test of consistency and endurance.  The off road part of the race is not known or ridden until the day of the race so there isn't much chance to see where you are going to go. A lot of times it is in the desert or trees, winding back and forth over rocks, and stumps, and all sort of unknown conditions.  Each lap adds more rough conditions to the course. I love this type of racing, and there is no better feeling than seeing a racer ahead and catching up with him, battling with him and ultimately passing him for the lead.
    For me racing is what I dream about, what calms me, and rids my life of all anger and frustration. What I live for.

you have indeed an adrenaline rush and passion for this sport, take care though while driving thanks for dropping by.

33. mwaky profile image61
    mwakyposted 14 years ago

definitely basketball

34. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Nobody else for Sumo?

35. profile image52
    er60posted 14 years ago

football.i very like.
    www.nowgoal.com/25.shtml

36. AsherKade profile image57
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

I;m not into sports,,,,sorry....not my thang

Just wondering...why would you even bother to comment on this thread then?

37. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Thanks for dropping by guys...

No not me im not inclined with sumo tksensei nyahahaha

But have you ever really watched a whole tournament?

38. profile image54
    pamela12posted 14 years ago

Overall, I would say professional ice hockey.

Hockey requires significant strength, stamina, the ability to endure physical pain (from taking hits), finesse involved in skating and handling the puck well, and accuracy involved in shooting.

Cool pick thanks for dropping by, tc there...

39. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

hockey

40. Yangtze profile image59
    Yangtzeposted 14 years ago

Swimming.It is a pity that I can't swim since now,but I like it and I will learn to make it.

41. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

If it is just watching, I have to go for Rugby.

As far as my experience the most exciting sport I've practiced is skidiving followed by motocross.  Nothing can bit the thrill of speed!

For everyday sports my favourites are swimming and cycling.

42. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Any that you have money on !

43. cindyvine profile image71
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

rugby

44. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

hijacking

45. maven101 profile image71
    maven101posted 14 years ago

Golf...
    The challenge of a par three over water to a tiny green, surrounded by bunkers...
    The pure terror of a three foot putt for your first eagle...
    The sheer exultation of a 275 yard drive , with a slight draw, down the middle...
    The joy of the last putt from 20 feet, dropping for a birdy, giving you the first sub-par round ever.

The camaraderie of the 19th hole, where drives are exaggerated, putts sunk with verve, and scotch sipped with warm pleasure..

46. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

Right now it has to be cricket- England are hammering the Aussies.
    First innings: Australia 160 all out. It will all be over in a couple of days.

47. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

Pocket Pool.

hehehe one of the favorite sports of Filipinos thanks for posting...

48. futurenetads profile image61
    futurenetadsposted 14 years ago

For me cricket and racing

49. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

nice pick there thanks for dropping by.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)