(For writers/poets) What encourages you to write?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. blueyez408 profile image60
    blueyez408posted 12 years ago

(For writers/poets) What encourages you to write?

2. profile image0
    JadedLoveposted 12 years ago

my heart, my love, the beauty I see in the pain and the joy. depends on the moment

3. epigramman profile image59
    epigrammanposted 12 years ago

.....a weekly pay cheque .....but the fact that I am not making any money at the Hub - well I write for people like you ...... with a priority on what I want to write - it's called artistic freedom and I am blessed to have it here at the Hub!
    Great question by the way.
    and of course the feedback and commentary from my readers ....because let's face it - it ain't art if you don't have an audience of at least - one !!!!!!

4. makusr profile image61
    makusrposted 12 years ago

.Why do I write

When the heart feels,

When the emotions ooze,

When the conscience awakes,

When the memories engulf,

When laughter visits,

Poetry happens.

5. Susci profile image57
    Susciposted 12 years ago

Anything. As long as that thing interests me. For example, books inspires me to write.

6. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

I get this idea in my head that simply must be written down. I publish writing so that other people will read it and give me feedback. I know that poetry does not make money the way articles do. But I still feel compelled to write creative writing even though may not be the way to pay my bills.

7. leroy64 profile image64
    leroy64posted 12 years ago

There are days when I just sit down and write a word.  Then I write another word and another, until the my pencil cannot handle all of the words.  I just want to see where the words take me.  It's like sketching, the first mark/word is the hardest and then I have a desire to see what is next.  And then everything flows out like a  (Inset appropriate metaphor.)   I am constantly surprising myself in my writing.  So, it is curiosity that encourages me to write.

8. KateWest profile image65
    KateWestposted 12 years ago

It's a sudden feeling of needing to write. NOW. Have no idea where it comes from and sometimes it seems like something else is directing the typing. Check out Elizabeth Gilbert's Nurturing Creativity video on Ted.com.

9. mymagicview profile image64
    mymagicviewposted 12 years ago

Sad situations make me to write something from heart. Sometimes, when I feel anger about social situations, then also I feel to write a blog about it. Here on Hubpages, money is the only thing which encourages me to write! :-)

10. cre8ivOne profile image68
    cre8ivOneposted 12 years ago

There are many reasons why I write.  Mostly, I write because it makes me happy, but there are times when I write to express my feelings too.  Writing can be inspired by children, animals, sunshine, fall colors, music.  But, honestly, the list is a mile long for me!

11. Dennis AuBuchon profile image62
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 12 years ago

What encourages me to write is partly the recognition I receive from sites such as hubpages for the quality and topics of my articles.  I enjoy writing but most importantly I want to make a difference with the topics on which I write.

I believe everyone has something to say and communicating that to others help to inform the public about issues that are important and affects their lives.  We as writers have a responsibility to write informative and quality articles.  I believe in the principle that one person can make a difference and writing is one of the tools that helps support that principle.

12. whoisbid profile image59
    whoisbidposted 12 years ago

I am encouraged when people try to minimize my efforts and downgrade me because it shows that they are paying attention and I have won a new audience. It means that I am not a sheep but a leader. You cannot be a leader if you are following what everyone is saying and doing.

13. tsmog profile image86
    tsmogposted 12 years ago

When I write it is not necessarily from encouragement. At times it is simply boredom or can that be an encouraging element? I think at times it is from need. Other times it is from desire. Yet, more too it may be a quest for fulfillment. Let me think on it.

14. profile image0
    lostwithinmyselfposted 12 years ago

Positive feedback play a role in my writing, but i also like to write when i feel like everything is getting me down. I like to get my pent up emotions out. The more i write the better i feel sometimes x

15. Rosemay50 profile image60
    Rosemay50posted 12 years ago

It is more inspiriration than encouragement. I haven't written a poem for a couple of weeks because nothing has inspired me. But who knows the next thing I read may just contain a single word that fires that inspiration. Or the next thing I do or look at will suddenly put the words into my head.

16. Dexter Yarbrough profile image69
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 12 years ago

Epigramman said it all! For me, a thought will come to my mind and I will write about it. Usually, stuff just comes to me naturally and, of course, via inspiration.

17. saddlerider1 profile image57
    saddlerider1posted 12 years ago

My Muse encourages me to take Quill in hand and scribe. My heart and soul is the conductor that magically transforms what my Quill bleeds onto my pad. Thus my work is created and released into the world.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)