Have you ever been so mortified with embarrasment that you ran for the hills?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. rutley profile image62
    rutleyposted 12 years ago

Have you ever been so mortified with embarrasment that you ran for the hills?

wardrobe malfunction, bodily sounds, just plain dumb?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5894445_f260.jpg

2. Rachelle Williams profile image90
    Rachelle Williamsposted 12 years ago

Yes.  I have horrible allergies that really flare up in the Spring.  About 12 years ago, I was in an interview. 

We were at the point in the interview where I had just been offered the job, and we were sitting back shooting the breeze.

His manager stuck his head in to meet me, and he said something really funny.... I laughed... and with the laughter, out flew a HUGE wad of mucous...

I was M O R T I F I E D, I got up and ran off to find the bathroom.  One of the guys tried to tell me where it was, but I was so embarrassed until I didn't hear him clearly. 

I wound up going in the wrong direction, and when I turned around and went back  the right way, I passed his office and saw that he and his manager were literally rolling on the floor trying to hold in their laughter...

I ended up running straight out of the front door, and I never went back - I was too embarrassed.  They called me for a week straight, but I was too mortified to respond...

3. LanaLu profile image60
    LanaLuposted 12 years ago

I think everyone has moments of embarrassment... I was running late for school so woke up and put on a dress shirt but forgot to change my PJ's and put on pants so I ended up going to college on my PJ's with a dress shirt and did not even realize it so i think that was super embarrassing...

4. rutley profile image62
    rutleyposted 12 years ago

I have a mortifying and embarrassing hub on this issue!

5. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 12 years ago

Best one for me was back in high school. I went out for track and it was time to throw the discus. To impress my girlfriend I took a running jump over a chain link fence and caught my toe as I went over. Needless to say, as I went "a" over tea kettle rolling on the ground, I looked up to see her and the entire audience rolling on the floor in laughter! Tough to recover from that! lol Not to mention coming in third place throwing the discus, because I hurt my leg on the landing!

6. Daisy Mariposa profile image73
    Daisy Mariposaposted 12 years ago

This didn't happen to me personally, but some friends told me about it.  Apparently, there are many people with an excess of curiosity, who when they visit somebody and need to use the bathroom, like to also check out what is in their host's medicine cabinet.  So when this couple had guests, they started putting a buch of marbles in the cabinet so they'd all fall out if anyone opened the door.   Finally, this one guy bit.  He was in the bathroom, and suddenly they heard marbles crashing all over everything!  The guy came out, marched straight to the front door without a word, and left.  The couple were rolling on the floor laughing.

7. Nefarious_Misery profile image60
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 12 years ago

That would require caring about what people think of me. Which I do not. So no. Live you life for yourself, don't worrry about what others are going to think of you. Their perception does not change your reality.

8. reddog1027 profile image76
    reddog1027posted 12 years ago

My kids have caused me for embarrassing moments than I can count.  God love them all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)