Should Children who are products of rape know their fathers?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (57 posts)
  1. sparksdaniel2000 profile image72
    sparksdaniel2000posted 14 years ago

I'm not quite sure---

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No they shouldn't, because their fathers should be hanged by the time they are born.

1. Bredavies profile image61
        Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HELL YES!!! smile There's the answer

1. profile image0

lol, and the funny thing is I mean it.

1. Misha profile image62
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You'll grow up, give it some time smile

1. profile image0

I'm 73 years old so Misha, my son, I don't have much time.

1. Misha profile image62

You don't sound like this, but who knows of course, some people never grow up. smile

2. Bredavies profile image61

Are you saying someone who rapes someone should not be murdered?

1. Misha profile image62

Two wrongs never make right. smile

1. profile image0

Well, if this is your answer, I'd suggest that, please, think about an issue before you form your opinion on it.

1. Misha profile image62

When you get to know me better (if ever), you will see that if I have an opinion on something, that means I gave it a fair amount of thought. smile

I wish to disagree. I am all against an eye for and eye usually. Like if someone kills someone they should be throwin in prison. But rape is worse then death to most women. It leaves you so emotionally broken and scared..maybe for months..or for life.

1. profile image0

Bredavies, I agree, to some extent. But I also think that if it happens to a woman than she must be strong and not let it defeat her. It's a thing that happens to some women (and that's why I say rapists should be hanged), but the women are stronger than this.

I mean if I were a woman and it happened to me I think the first thing on my mind would be to take revenge. And I would do it. I always say, people can do physical harm to me and then I will do the same thing to them in return. But they can't do psychological harm to me, because then I will kill them.

2. goodfriendiam profile image59
                goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whats the difference between rape and say lying? I'm just curious to know that's all.

umm..what?

Yes lying is terrible. It hurts people emotionally. But the physical and terrible act of being forced is both mentally and physically distructive. I think there is a huge difference there.

1. goodfriendiam profile image59

How? I mean couldn't a lie do just as much damage physically and mentally?

Oh I can tell! And you should mean it! Rape is the most disgusting desperate thing!

1. profile image0

Desperate for sure, because it has nothing to do with affection, but everything with anger.

2. video lost profile image59
        video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Most of the victims agree upon the punishment of severe torchered death penalty for the rapists.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Who are you to decide?

3. Bredavies profile image61
    Bredaviesposted 14 years ago

yeah...that is for sure a tough one.

4. maven101 profile image73
    maven101posted 14 years ago

Getting back on topic, I would say yes, you should seek out the rapist, study his daily habits, gather information, and plan a night of sweet revenge...like emasculation...just some thoughts..

I also agree with that. smile

2. profile image0

A more mature view on the subject. smile

3. goodfriendiam profile image59

Larry, my goodness I will remember you when I send out my xmas party invitations.....lol, What would you do to  me, if all my dirty little secrets got out.....lol...I'm running from larry, na, na, na, na, na, na.....lol

4. bella353 profile image60
      bella353posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree

5. Luciendasky profile image60
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

Hi. Very interesting threads... on both sides. Does anyone here either closely knows someone who has been raped or a child brought about by rape?

I know both - in fact, I know several rape victims and they all act different about it. Some of them are not over it yet and are still dealing with damage after 25 years, but they have ALL "forgiven" the rapers and they have said that forgiving them was the first thing they did to come to grips with themselves again and begin the healing process.

Do I like rapists? Absolutely not. Do I think they should be punished? Absolutely. Do I think the victim of the rape should punish them? No... it would do more damage to the victim in the long run - and I know that from personal experience.

My friend who is the "product" of a rape does not know her father but wishes she could meet him just so she could know what her family history is like, she doesn't respect him, but she doesn't hate him... for those things I think it should go a on a case by case basis.

Someone very close to me has been raped..Maybe thats why I think think anyone who rapes..Should be cut, beat, whatever is painful.

Ya I understand, I was never raped and I don't know anyone that has been raped, but I have been abused really really bad growing up in a sexual way. I guess if we are going to measure it, then I guess you could say it was rape. But you know what I forgave him,and it took a while to forgive, that is and it sure wasn't easy, I wanted to get revenge on him in a bad way, but then one day it dawned on me, who am I too judge what another dos with there life, I mean I sure have done things that would be considered a crime, and I am thankful no one has wanted to hang me out to dry on a tree or anything.

2. profile image0

I think none of us (EDIT: except bredavies who also has a friend dealing with this) can form an opinion that is as valid as yours until we experienced this phenomenon as closely as you did. For this reason, I think you are "the most right" person among us. Still, I fancy the view that if you take revenge it may strengthen you by proving that you are not a victim and that you can actually protect yourself. Wouldn't someone feel more secure after taking revenge knowing that she could deal a mightier blow? (Immature viewpoint, I know.) smile

6. Kaabi profile image60
    Kaabiposted 14 years ago

I don't think that viewpoint is immature.  I'm sure in some cases, revenge would not be the best case, but as in most things in life, it is an individual-by-individual basis.  I'm sure some people could recover quickly if they could take revenge, and I'm sure there are some children who would like to know their fathers and some who wouldn't.  There is definitely not a one-size-fits-all answer for this, especially since it is so touchy.

1. profile image0

Absolutely.

2. goodfriendiam profile image59

YA know I don't know about that, I mean I have done things real real bad to others, and I know from experience, it stayed with me for a long long time, just food for thought,

1. profile image0

Yes, we never discussed the other side. What if the rapist sincerely repents?

If your child comes home and ask for forgiveness, and you know they are sincere aren't you going to forgive them?

1. profile image0

Well, it depends. If I can see that he has changed I am, but if I think he is only sincere I am not.

1. Misha profile image62

So, unconditional love is something foreign to you...

7. maven101 profile image73
    maven101posted 14 years ago

Just to be clear about this, I have lived with a woman that had been raped, no children thank God, but psychologically damaged ...She offered herself to this creep that threatened her and a friend that was younger than her...she had been married before whereas the other woman had never been married and supposedly still a virgin...

It never goes away, no matter how much you try, even with professional help...These women are still alive, but emotionally they are dead, and normal relationships are difficult if not impossible...

1. profile image0

I consider it the biggest crime committable to kill someone emotionally. That's why the initial opinion.

1. maven101 profile image73
        maven101posted 14 years agoin reply to this

[ This is true, Pacal...At least if you are dead you are finished suffering, but to have to live with what some think of as shame, because they submitted, and being unable to forgive themselves, inserts itself in almost every facet of their life..
        I would think that if I were a child of rape I would want to transfer that guilt to the rapist...shame the SOB and dog his every step making sure his friends and family know what he did...

1. Luciendasky profile image60
          Luciendaskyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

While I agree that sometimes I do have to deal with some uncomfortable issues, I do not consider myself dead inside. I consider myself stronger and I am thankful for every single day. I was "dead inside" for several years though... until I realized that I may not have had a choice in what happened to me, but I do have a choice on how I live the rest of my life and how I feel about it. And I chose happiness over sadness and healing over pain and I rarely ever even think about that time in my life anymore - probably less than once a year.

1. profile image0

We are with you 100%.

2. maven101 profile image73
            maven101posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I admire your strength and resolve...some folks just aren't able to " move on "...for whatever reason...my girlfriend was one such, and still is, 40 years later...unmarried, bitter, and hostile to males...such is the legacy of a rape...

That is very sad and my heart goes out to her.

3. Misha profile image62

If I wasn't your fan already, I would become one on the spot smile

That is very sweet of you to say smile

2. profile image0

Absolutely. And I honestly hope that victims don't take this issue so seriously, because it's not their fault.

There is a reason why traditional cultures punished rapists most severely. Back then men were still required to have backbone. If you were on the level of someone who does this or other similar things it meant 1) you were a thread to society, 2) the tribe was ashamed of you, 3) you did not deserve to live. I hope that in the future (when the ear of mindless subversive liberalism finally has ended) crimes will be more severely punished.

8. Luciendasky profile image60
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

What I mean to say is, I didn't have a choice then. I do have a choice now - and any pain I still go through by obsessing is my own fault.

9. LVM profile image58
    LVMposted 14 years ago

What a controversial question?  Let them know their fathers but don't let them know their mothers were raped.

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that's quite the answer either. If I was one of those kids and was allowed to have a relationship with my father. And if found out when I was older that I was born because my father raped my mother, I'd have a WHOLE lot of problems not only with my Dad, but also with the adults who never told me.

Besides, would you allow your minor child to be alone with a rapist?

10. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

This is a hot topic..... I believe it would depend on the circumstance and how they mother felt about disclosing the information. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)