How do I help my husband understand, the importants of emotional intimacy in our

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. tperkins-tyler profile image60
    tperkins-tylerposted 12 years ago

How do I help my husband understand, the importants of emotional intimacy in our marriage?

How do I stay in love with a man who doesn't understand how to show love, or attention unless he wants sex? I know he loves me..he tells me many times everyday. But he is so focused on his own hobbies, dreams, and projects, that there is no intimacy or energy left for me. What can I do to bring this out in him? Or help him understand that I need his attention for more ways than just in the bedroom?

2. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

You stated, "I know he loves me..he tells me many times everyday." The fact that you KNOW he loves you should carry a lot of weight. So many women (question) whether or not their men truly love them. Knowing where you stand is the foundation for any relationship.
    As for trying to change him or how he behaves that is another issue. "We are who we are". The best way for a woman to have a "romantic husband" is by making sure she marries a "romantic man". Unless your huband pulled a "bait & switch" on you or you married him before you really got to know him... My guess is he has always been this way.
    All you can do is (ask) your husband to give you what you need. There can only be two reasons why he would not. 1. He doesn't have it to give (It's not who he is). 2. He doesn't feel you are worth the effort to give it to. Remember people change when THEY want to. The only person you have complete control over is yourself. At the end of the day you have to determine if not getting what you want is a "deal breaker".
    There are only two ways to find joy and peace of mind in a relationship. a) We get what we want. or b) We learn to be happy with what we have.
    Trying to change someone often leads to frustration on our part and resentment on the part of our significant other. If this is not a "deal breaker" for you then accept his love the way he expresses it. Ultimately we are all looking for someone who will love and accept us for who we are. One man's opinion! :-) Best of luck!

3. juiwei2000 profile image59
    juiwei2000posted 12 years ago

Hmm...man and woman are on very different pace, when it come to relationship.  Psychologist suggest, man take the parcticall approach towards love, where woman take the more emotional approach.  So, woman frequently like stuff suh as romance, where guy on the other hand, might find that sort of things boring and look for more practical things such as, what sort of wife, mother and daughter in law she would make and/or whether she is attractive. 

My opinion for couple, who are still dating is that, you must be honest with yourself and your partner and face your problems head on and find the best way of resolving it, even if it is to break up.  Now, considering you guys are married, the idea of breaking up, as a resolution to the problem, is probably out of the question.  However, you still need to face your problems head on and find a resolution to it and the problem is "you want more intimacy and he is not interest intimacy, outside the bed room."  This is a problem involving two people, you two need to work it out together.  Be open and tell him what you need, but in the same time, remeber what he need also.  My suggestion is that,maybe you both need to make some compramise for each other.

4. profile image53
    skytreeroadposted 10 years ago

Romantic interludes with your husband do not have to be about sex. You can plan, work, and schedule time with him at fancy restaurants and go dancing. Picnics with him as he works on his hobbies, dreams, and projects. Start asking him how can you spend time with him, or start some hobbies and projects that you know he is interested in, also. Find a dream and interest him in this dream. Be the helpless female who needs his help with this and with that. Be intelligent about his hobbies, dreams and projects as much as is not annoying. Get you into his life at least a little. Communication is the key to all relationships and all relationships have rules to the game. You know the rules, play by the rules and show him you care. He will notice. If all else fails and you are committed to the relationship 100 percent, go ahead and make a baby.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)