What do you believe the Greatest Compliment is, that one human being can pay to

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

What do you believe the Greatest Compliment is, that one human being can pay to another?

This is a very deep question that deserves an equally complimentary answer.... what is yours and why?

2. meow48 profile image66
    meow48posted 12 years ago

the greatest compliment that was ever given to me was, thankyou for being born. how could one answer that except, with a humble, your welcome,but i really only showed up. hee hee.
    it was given to me by a mother of a highschool friend at her father's funeral....

3. profile image0
    erickcbposted 12 years ago

I think the greatest compliment would be something along the lines of...

You are perfect in your own way. No matter what you do in life, good or bad, there is a joy I can not put into words that I feel when I reflect on how your existence improves my life and the lives of others.

Thank you for being a genuine human being and a true individual Light that shines through our eyes and touches our souls.

4. Dee aka Nonna profile image60
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 12 years ago

I think this very simple statement is good.... you are a nice person and the way you care about people makes me want to be better.  A young woman I was working with in a youth program said that to me.  It brought me to tears and any time I need a little lift I think about that.

5. Russell-D profile image76
    Russell-Dposted 12 years ago

Listen to what the other person is saying. David Russell

6. sandrabusby profile image74
    sandrabusbyposted 12 years ago

I think the greatest compliment one human being can pay to another depends on the psychological type (Myers-Briggs) or the temperament (Kiersey).  An SJ wants to be complimented on being dependable; an SP wants to be complimented on his ability to take risks; an NT wants to be complimented on his ability to develop a strategy; and an NF wants to be complimented on being authentic.

If someone says to me, "You are so practical,"  I feel insulted, not complimented.

7. larcaustin46 profile image68
    larcaustin46posted 12 years ago

I think the greatest compliment is the commitment to spend the rest of your lives together in love and partnership.  Whether that means marriage or not, asking someone to live and work together with you to create a happy life and family, and to support each other in individual pursuits, ambitions, and endeavors, is a compliment of the highest magnitude.

8. BkCreative profile image67
    BkCreativeposted 12 years ago

Only one that is sincere. For example, I enjoy a very casual lifestyle these days but I was traveling to England from New York City to visit a cousin. A dear friend came over and decided to pamper me a bit before I left. She trimmed my hair, gave me a facial, even a manicure (she's great like this) and gave me a pair of her big vintage sunglasses.

So there I was at JFK airport, all freshly done with my sunglasses and I watched a woman walk towards me from nearly the opposite end of our terminal. And she said, "I just want to tell you how great you look." I believe she meant this sincerely and I thanked her sincerely. How nice!

9. joanwz profile image81
    joanwzposted 12 years ago

The greatest compliment is to catch someone doing something right, or letting them know what a wonderful job they are doing. Our family was eating at a restaurant one day while on a road trip (my parents had 5 kids). A lady dining at the next table came over and told my mother what great kids she had and that it was a real pleasure eating next to a family whose children were so well behaved and polite, and who got along with each other so well. My mother has taken the opportunity to pass it along to other families from time to time. As have I.

10. profile image0
    mikeydcarroll67posted 12 years ago

Being genuinely interested in what they have to say.

11. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

It may not seem like a compliment (because - really - it ought to be "a given" a good part of the time), but I think:  "I have no doubt that you can accomplish what you're trying to accomplish," might be the greatest compliment.

Maybe it wouldn't come in the form of those exact words, but the point is that (I think) the greatest compliment is to let someone know that you truly do respect him/her as a capable individual.

12. alahiker28 profile image86
    alahiker28posted 12 years ago

the greatest compliment i recall getting was while i was teaching a young girl to rappel.  she asked what would happen if she fell (which she would not because she was on belay).  i told her i would swoop down like and angel and grab her.  she later told me that comment gave her the strength to see the 183' rappel through.  the greatest compliment to me is having someone tell you they are willing to risk their life for you or that they trust you enough to put their life in your hands.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)