Pelosi blocking new healthcare bill alternative

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (49 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

Bill 3400, which is a viable alternative to the current Bill, has been introduced in Congress and is now in committee. But guess what? Pelosi and her band of fascists have changed the rules in Congress. A bill may no longer be introduced for a vote unless SHE says so. So this alternative Bill is forced to stay in Committee, even though so many are shouting for an alternative.

Check it out for yourself-

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=108440

1. BJC profile image68
      BJCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who the ... is she to to do this  ...  Thanks for this update.

2. profile image0

Oh yeah, and it's only 63 pages long.

3. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

A graduate student is expected to read something like that in a night, wink.

Just sayin'  Bye-bye, now.  You 'conservatives' have fun today!

1. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely agree; a graduate student IS expected to read something like that in a night...and plagiarize it.

1. tksensei profile image59
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! You forgot to add 'and come to any conclusion that flatters the ego of some self-important unwashed associate professor only a year or two distant at most from being exactly the kind of brainwashed little zombie parrot as that grad student is.'

1. egiv profile image60
          egivposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like someone's bitter. Did you guys get rejected or something? Or, you must have both been through top-level grad schools to say something like this?

(I'll wait for my one-line response to an out-of-context quote in which you try to make yourself seem clever, not to mention to stay on the top of the poster list without actually contributing arguments).

Not bitter, just experienced.

1. profile image0
              Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just a true troll...replete with thousands of tiny, tiny little posts.  But we are glad they keep you away from college campuses. wink

'They' don't, but thanks for that "hateful" message.  roll

Say, is that you out in the bushes with the infrared camera? Hi!!

2. profile image0

Speak for yourself, wink.

1. profile image0

Who else could I speak for?  And, continuing to speak for myself, I freely admit loving the Army definition of college degrees as explained to us in Basic Training during the Viet Nam Era:

B.S......self explanatory.
          M.S......more of the same.
          PhD......piled higher and deeper. lol

1. profile image0

Life...and all things therein...is what you make it.  I freely admit to that growing up poor the daughter of a truck driver and factory worker--working 3 or more jobs to put myself through college. 

*edit:  But I understand that was supposed to be cute, Ghost.  Just, not everybody has the same truth, as I'm sure you know.

1. profile image0

Understood.  My mother was an English teacher with a Master's from a time when women seldom did that; my Dad was her high school student (9 years younger) who never made it past tenth grade but who served in WW II (Navy) and worked his tail off ranching for many years while losing money hand over fist. 

Anyone who can handle 3 jobs (presume you mean simultaneous jobs) while attending college has my nod of respect.  I worked, but never could handle 40 hour work weeks with a full class schedule or I found myself sleeping through 8:00 a.m. English classes.  Had to limit it to no more than 24-30 hours  of wage earning per week.

2. egiv profile image60

Those english classes you were missing were teaching 'irony,' which is what that last message was full of. Vietnam happened because we didn't understand the conflict we got into. Maybe if more people had studied a little, they might have been more cautious (general David Petraeus, who turned around the Iraq war, has a PhD). I have the utmost respect for our armed forces, past and present, but I hate -- and frankly don't understand -- the notion that being more educated somehow makes someone less intelligent.

4. profile image0

It's also indicative of the conservative form of government. . . you know . . . supports the rights of the individual, keeps taxes down, and can actually be read by the average citizen . . .

what a concept

5. profile image0

Well, ya know what they say about generic or general language in documents...  But then again, maybe not.

6. profile image0

If you can't make the link work (it worked when I tried it) go to www.wnd.com and paste into the search box

Shhhh! There's GOP alternative to Obamacare

to see the article

7. ledefensetech profile image68
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

As opposed to 1,000 page bill nobody understands?  Come on, Lita, you're better than that.  You know just as well as I how people can take a huge document like a home loan, for instance, and write it in such a way that the person signing the loan doesn't understand everything in it.  Why is it when a bank does that, it's immoral, but when people like Pelosi do it, it's somehow OK.  Just a bit inconsistent don't you think?

1. profile image0

But the opposite of that is true, too.  Of course, I'd imagine you know that, as well. ?

Something can be written in such a generic and undecided way that loopholes can be found and the language can be exploited.  Newspapers are said to be written at an 8th grade level.  However, realistically, how many high school level educated adults read even them? 

Something as comprehensive as a new health care plan/bill takes a lot of consideration and construction and is not authored by one person.  Where I work, to allow for ease of comprehension of plans, we come up with an EXECUTIVE SUMMARY explaining the document in general.  However, the details are still important, as well.  And I'd ask--does anybody really read a manual from cover to cover?  No.  But every part is necessary and valuable, I'd warrant at certain times to certain people in certain situations.

Another point is--sorry to burst your bubbles of plebeianism--it is a simple fact that some people are better at verbal analysis than other people.  And no, sorry, folks, that isn't "elitism," but good old using one's skills in the job market.  That is why we have people who are good at such things draft legislation. That's why I get to read through all the plans and proformas and come up with language to market with and for public consumption.

OF course some take advantage, I'm sure, with excessive verbiage...in all arenas.  Job description/agreements, for example, where the employer wants to protect their butt, and where you end up signing up to do ANYTHING (haha, short of prostitution) that the employer decides you should do if they so decide.  Actually...I believe most people are aware of that one.  And, sigh, health insurance, where obviously, they are dealing with profit motive, and were often not very healthy people are bombarded with mailing after mailing about claims, and the process is so confusing you often times don't know where you stand.  ...I think many people are aware of that one, too.

I believe your posts to be motivated by (as you all have stated over and over) a deep distrust of anything to do with government, and also the usual generalizing about "liberals" and "conservative"--which gets so boring.  So, what I'm saying, is yeah, LDT, I am better than that...but you'd prefer it wouldn't be so, wink, haha.

I'm sure this alternative bill, also, despite being 63 pages long (!), what a selling point, also has a Republican (or whatever they are calling themselves these days--debate is still out on that one) agenda.  ..woopie.  More of the same...it just works so well!

............ roll  x 100

1. profile image0

Like, you know.  You use your skills as a troll on the internet, TK.  Only you don't make $$ at it.  X 3156 short little posts in 4 months and counting!

smile smile

Oh no, of course not. No one is that awesome but you...

I'm just trying to learn how to read the...what is it you called it? the...'newspaper'? Tricky stuff.

You are aaaaawwwwesoooooommmmme....

roll

8. ledefensetech profile image68
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

You know me, I'm totally opposed to any sort of government sponsored healthcare.  Since we're not given much of a choice but to accept "healthcare reform" I'd rather argue a smaller bill than a larger one.

9. profile image0

That was too silly even for you, TK.

It's well known (and emphasized) that newspaper copy is to be written at an 8th grade level.  For easy reading.

And I could care less what you read or think.  You, too, I'd imagine.  Or you wouldn't waste your time with your, at most, 2 sentence posts.

That's for the best.

10. egiv profile image60
    egivposted 14 years ago

smile

11. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Lita I think it was you who left the link to the whole document. From memory it was 1008 pages.
    I have finished reading it, and the legalese is very confusing to me still, as I have little knowledge of legalese. smile
    I think it is humane and decent in the main, but the touted cost is astronomical! :

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is 1017 pages... but who's counting? lol

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Apparently you are. What's your opinion of the alternative Bill?

2. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If they can write It , they should read It ! After all that Is their job ! smile

1. profile image0

That's the sad part - they didn't write it. Oh they may have contributed a little, but I think it was mostly constructed by the "czar(s)"

1. atomswifey profile image55
            atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well then that answers the question as to why they haven't read it. why should they, whats the point? The czars have had their say in it, period. And yes it is very very sad, for all of us.

1. readytoescape profile image61
              readytoescapeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually the primary portion of the bill and its major points  was composed by the Apollo group a progressive lobbist organization. And the base document was written before the election and sitting on a self waiting for a progressive President to push it through. Most of this "legislation has been planned and written by the left for years just waiting its opportunity.

1. tony0724 profile image60
                tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this
  12. profile image0

Now that our resident troll is done commenting, not on the topic at hand, which is an extremely important one considering the outrage over healthcare, but on the length  of the Bill, I'd just like to point out that once you remove the death panels, the confiscatory clauses that let the IRS take your bank account or wages to pay for someone else's healthcare (probably an illegal alien), the part about the federal database that holds all your medical info, the part where some federal bureaucrat gets to decide whether or not you should get a certain procedure, and the part about how much doctors will get paid - you really don't need any more than 63 pages.

By the way, has anyone followed the link? And if you have, does ANYONE have an opinion on it?

1. egiv profile image60

Isn't having a greedy businessman deciding whether or not you get expensive treatments or not worse than having a government beaurocrat? I read the article, at least it is an intelligent argument, which I wish more conservatives would make, but I just disagree with the notion that the markets will even everything out, because it's not happening. It hasn't been happening since Reagan brought it upon us. The poor are left high and dry in America and everybody else is too selfish to care.

1. profile image0

A greedy businessman won't be making those decisions under this plan - you and your doctor will. And the markets will even everything out, if they're allowed to do so.

2. profile image0

You can post the bilge you do...replete with conspiracy theories so heated that NOBODY should take you seriously...EVER, and call a reasonable post like mine 'trolling?'

I know you don't like writing so much, given the fact you've published so little...even though this is a writing site.  And, what with that prized 63 pages and all (YOUR prize and your point, not mine), but you could convince your detractors YOU are not a troll, 'Madame,' by actual posting something of relevance. 

Still convinced TK and I are a team designed to disrupt your very important posts?  And how about those death panels?

I can see why you go on and on about those OTHER people who are just so darn divisive...  roll

2. tksensei profile image59

Hold on, only a 'professional' writer could make level such a charge. You know, someone who - gasp - reads the newspaper (oooooo).

3. profile image0

I tried following the link, but my inordinately slow satellite Internet took forever in the attempt, and I gave up for now.  Maybe if I stay offline for a couple of days....

Even without reading the plan, however, I do have a preconceived opinion (no surprise, right?), which is:  I'd rather see no plan whatsoever than see us go deeper into debt...and I somewhat doubt even a conservative "reform" effort can avoid that entirely. 

P.S.  My abhorrence of debt could possibly stem  from having "gone under" personally, to the tune of having filed bankruptcy...twice...in this lifetime already.

13. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

Sorry to Interrupt the pissing contest . But anything that Pelosi does surprises me like not at all . If the liberals of the Hill keep up this type of behavior all they do Is Insure a rapid changing of the guard . These guys are sinking like a stone only faster !!!

1. atomswifey profile image55
      atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True unless that is, they change it all. I mean what is to stop their way of pelosi (oops I mean policy lol) changes to affect our very own democratic process in elections and or terms of office.

What I mean by that is, I sit and watch as our government grows bigger and bigger and "bullies" the rest of us. They impose this and that with little to no regard as to what the people really want or need.

They trample all over the constitution and some, including our own president have stated that is basically useless. So whats to stop them from throwing it out? They already have really. Leaving the "We the People" out in the cold.

So we will all have to wait and see what happens in the next election and besides even if the "conspiracy theory" I just mentioned does not actually happen by then, whats to stop them from "fixing" the election results to get who they want in their anyway. How do we know for sure that didn't alreaady happen?

Time will tell I guess and history as well.

14. profile image0

During Obama's speech to congress on healthcare did anyone notice the republicans waving sheets of paper when Obama spoke of bi-partisan effort? They were waving copies of Bill 3400, an alternative to Bill 3200 that is locked in committee.

So much for a "team effort"

15. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I really wish we could get these ***ho*es to work together.  Most of this is really tit for tat.  When the republicans were the dominant party they made life hard for the democrats and now the democrats are paying back the republicans in kind.

16. BJC profile image68
    BJCposted 14 years ago

If we all call and write our congressional leaders and the white house and make enough noise they will listen.  Never heard of this guy but it's great.

17. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I'm afraid to come into this forum, Lita and Tk are arguing about her "Goodly" writing and someone thinks we should have people with doctorates fight our wars! I wonder what the Phd's think of it?

18. BJC profile image68
    BJCposted 14 years ago

Sometimes too much education is as much use as ... ...well, you know the rest.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)