What will you feel if a friend rejects you? Is friendship worth saving?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)
  1. snowdrops profile image40
    snowdropsposted 11 years ago

What will you feel if a friend rejects you? Is friendship worth saving?

I have a friend who got into this accident. I helped that person, I always find time to be there everyday even if its on a wee night. I helped with papers too. After he was released on hospital, he tends to ignore me. I send him messages asking if he;s okay..but he never respond. Then later on, I saw him message my friend. "Dont tell that I;m ignoring her.".

Funny...

2. billybuc profile image85
    billybucposted 11 years ago

A true friendship is worth fighting for, but then a true friend wouldn't reject me...so for me it all depends on the depth of friendship.

3. ASchwartz profile image68
    ASchwartzposted 11 years ago

Has this "friend" ever been there for you in a time of need? It sounds like you are giving a lot, and getting nothing in return. This isn't the type of "friendship" I would consider saving.

snowdropsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hello..well, i can say NO..maybe on a certain situation he would occasionally invite me.that's all. I was shocked one day that his parents blamed me for not getting his papers done on time.

4. daisynicolas profile image77
    daisynicolasposted 11 years ago

Friendship is a two-way street.  It only works if both people are in it, just like in any other types of relationships.  So, if you learned his intentions through a third party, then that is disrespectful of your friendship.  But then, there are two sides to every story.

5. Anjili profile image66
    Anjiliposted 11 years ago

If a friend rejected me, I would feel rejected. Friendship should be nurtured by both parties. Yours seems to be a one-sided affair. He is simply scrounging on your goodwill. We should direct our friendship where it is most deserved. The message he sent to your other friend tells it all. Look for a better and more respectful friend.

snowdropsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Anjili..maybe you're right.. SAdly, I'm the one to really read that message on my friend's chat box because we were together at that time. sad

6. Lawrence Da-vid profile image60
    Lawrence Da-vidposted 11 years ago

I had childhood and high school friends that turned away from me when I turned 18 years of age.  On that date, I, along with my father, went to the Navy Recruiter and I enlisted effective the day after graduation.  The fact that I volunteered for service angered them for some reason.  It was the beginning of the Vietnam conflict.  Their attitude was against that war.  Anger increased after I was accepted and completed OCS with support of an ADMIRAL friend of my father.  By this time, I didn't care.  They weren't much as friends go.  In fact, a few left the country, refusing the "draft." 

After all that Vietnam fiasco was over, and much later on, they tried to renew a friendship with me.  As a Navy LCDR, my reply toward the request which surfaced during a High School reunion, was blatant, direct, and succinct.  As a guest lecturer at this reunion, I was asked about my opinion of the war and of those that ran from duty.  It takes no imagination what so ever regarding my reply of "they should lose their citizenship and be deported to a country of their choice.  I stuck by that statement then, and do so now.  I can't imagine why they don't like me any more.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)