If Religion, Politics, and sexuality didn't exist....

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)
  1. peeples profile image92
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

If Religion, Politics, and sexuality didn't exist....

Would the world be better off? I thought about this after answering a question earlier. The 3 big things in the world right now to argue over are these. They cause hatred, war, murder, starvation, child abuse, and so on. So if it was possible to have none of it would our world be better off?

2. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 11 years ago

What a great question. It is theoretically impossible to eliminate all those, for various reasons...
    However in the eyes of the awakened, they do not exist.....

3. wetbaknproud profile image65
    wetbaknproudposted 11 years ago

politics and religion ok, but if you remove sexuality the world would be a pretty boring place, poetry, and the arts in general nurture from it ,sexuality inspires  and drives the human being towards beauty and selflessness .

4. Georgie Lowery profile image91
    Georgie Loweryposted 11 years ago

Unfortunately, even with the big three out of the picture, people would still find something to argue over or discriminate against. Some people are just born to be negative.

1. Lipnancy profile image80
      Lipnancyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And some are just to ignorant to know any better.

5. Bob Zermop profile image69
    Bob Zermopposted 11 years ago

Ah, but then the world wouldn't be the world. No, I don't think it would be better off; the world isn't always easy, but that's what makes the world the world.

.........maybe not a very clear answer... hope some out there get what I mean.

6. traslochimilano profile image57
    traslochimilanoposted 11 years ago

What a thought? I think we can survives without politics and religion, these are not much important in our life. But sexuality is must to enjoy and  entertain our life.

7. MickeySr profile image77
    MickeySrposted 11 years ago

I disagree with your premise; religion, politics, and sexuality don't cause cause hatred, war, murder, starvation, child abuse, and so on . . . and even people disagreeing about religion, politics, and sexuality don't cause cause hatred, war, murder, starvation, child abuse, and so on - it is the opposite of love that causes hatred, war, murder, starvation, child abuse, and so on . . . and the opposite of love is selfishness. There are many people who disagree completely and vigorously on matters of religion, politics, and sexuality and there is absolutely no hatred, war, murder, starvation, child abuse, and so on between them - so it's not religion, politics, and sexuality or even disagreeing on religion, politics, and sexuality that causes hatred, war, murder, starvation, child abuse, and so on.

When a Muslim assaults a Jew or a Lutheran is belligerent toward a Baptist, etc, it's not because they are Islamic or Christian - it's because they lack love and act in selfishness. When Republicans and Democrats resort to slander and cheating it's not because they disagree politically - it's because they lack love and act in selfishness. When men and women hurt one another or homosexuals and heterosexuals undermine each other it's not because they're male & female or gay & straight - t's because they lack love and act in selfishness.

The world is not in turmoil because people are different - the world is in turmoil because people who are different lack love when dealing with those differences . . . hatred, war, murder, starvation, child abuse, and so on are not cause by religion, politics, and sexuality or even caused by differences in religion, politics, and sexuality - they are caused by selfish people acting without love.

1. peeples profile image92
      peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Without those three things wouldn't there be a lot less for people to be selfish about? Those things are what these people use as crutches for bad behavior.

2. MickeySr profile image77
      MickeySrposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's easy to point to a thing or an ism, or a set of circumstances, but none of those things are in themselves evil - it's what men do with them. Religion has built hospitals and orphanages all over the world, the problem's in us not stuff out there

3. H P Roychoudhury profile image42
      H P Roychoudhuryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Birth and death are beyond the control of human being. The uncertainty creates a fear out of which lies the existence of super power GOD. Taking the advantage of the weakness, the intelligent people had created time to time the religion. Religion is

8. MilesArmbruster profile image61
    MilesArmbrusterposted 11 years ago

Hmmm... A curious premise. My religion makes me against hatred, war, murder, child abuse and every other evil. My politics are largely a matter of economics, which I can't claim "cause" anything, since I am not Marxist. I can't figure out how having a gender causes anything at all. I am male, and my interest or views of sexuality has never even lead to anything that could be connected to hatred, was, murder, starvation, child abuse, or anything else that could be considered evil.
    I don't know how we would neuter everyone and still exist as a species, but if we eliminated every current religion and form of politics they would be replaced by different religions and political systems. I guess what you are saying is that you don't like any of the current religions and political parties and you want suggestions of religions and political movements to replace what we have.
    I guess I disagree with the premise - I don't see that arguing over our differences leads to hatred, war, murder, child abuse, or anything else evil.

9. H P Roychoudhury profile image42
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 11 years ago

Birth and death are beyond the control of human being. The uncertainty creates a fear out of which lies the existence of super power GOD. Taking the advantage of the weakness, the intelligent people had created time to time the religion. Religion is not bad in the sense that it had brought a discipline in the life process. But in the course of time it becomes a great weapon to win over the people to form groups when the groups were utilized for acquiring political power. Thus religion becomes a tool of politics. True, above all lays the love, love of mankind. But to day religions were practiced since boyhood in such a manner that love is getting partial and character of true love vanishes. The cry for violence and war exists everywhere.

10. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 11 years ago

Very important aspects of life. 

In my view, sexuality is where you get the fun.  Politics is what you discuss over coffee, after the "event."  Religion is where you go to get the naughty feeling off your mind.

IMHO

11. Beata Stasak profile image78
    Beata Stasakposted 11 years ago

People need to believe in something and they would create something else to be passionate about...these three terms are just empy words, people are the ones who give these terms power, substance and a prestige to fight for...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)