If you could have a retreat with only 12 individuals (past/present/future), who

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)
  1. EyesStraightAhead profile image74
    EyesStraightAheadposted 11 years ago

If you could have a retreat with only 12 individuals (past/present/future), who would they be?

I hope to see many hubs to read and not just answers provided here, but I am interested in the various responses that will come to this question. They can be ANY 12 people, including those who have died, those who are living, and those who are yet to be.

2. prettynutjob30 profile image85
    prettynutjob30posted 11 years ago

The first one would have to be my grandmother who passed away a couple of years ago she was such a cool person.The second would have to be the beautiful Bettie Page so awesome.The rest of the guest list would be Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Frank Sinatra, Bettie Davis, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor, Dixie Carter, Red Fox, Elvis and James Dean.Now that would be one awesome retreat so many different people with very different personalities.

EyesStraightAheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing! This is a great set of individuals. It would be a very artistic and creative retreat. I imagine there would be much laughter and joy!

3. EyesStraightAhead profile image74
    EyesStraightAheadposted 11 years ago

I hope it is okay to answer my own question - I will write a hub about it someday.
    My 12 are:
    *Jesus      *Gandhi     *Dr. Martin Luther King     *The Dalai Lama     *Confucius     *Muhammad     *Bill Gates     *Maya Angelou     *My great-great-great granddaughter     *My great-great-great-great grandfather on my mother's side    *My great-great-great-great grandfather on my father's side     *My oldest daughter

1. profile image0
      msorenssonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Of course it is fine..It is lovely..

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

My husband, two daughters, two sons-in-law, his parents, his brother and two grandchildren, (we're all close )and the aunt and uncle who raised me.  I want to live in the present so I think I will stick with people currently breathing and functional.

I like your comment about living in the present. It is always interesting the varied perspectives we all have. Because I want to get the most out of the present, I would choose individuals from across the spans of time. smile

5. mcleodgi profile image61
    mcleodgiposted 11 years ago

1) My boyfriend, first and foremost.
    2) My best gal pal with ADHD
    3) This very inspiring, intellectually gifted guy I briefly met while in college who was in high school at the time (his mother was in an organization with me). He's  out of high school now.
    4) My calico cat, Sammi. I still miss her but feel her presence from time to time.
    5) My father-though with him, it'd probably depend on what the retreat was about.
    6) Jesus. I've always been curious to know what he actually said.
    7) Ganesha. I guess just because I'm constantly facing a lot of obstacles (most of them internal) right now.
    8) Quan Yin. She has a lot to teach about being compassionate.
    9) Parmahansa Yoganada. Since Yoga is my favorite way to exercise and the guy also practically founded Religous Science (or Relig Sci as I personally like to call it)
    10) Christofer Drew of NeverShoutNever. I really admire the way he pulled himself up by his own bootstraps and is an advocate for higher education despite having dropped out of school.
    11) Charles Fillmore, the co-founder of Unity.
    12) Myrtle Fillmore, Charles' first wife and also the co-founder of Unity.

6. profile image0
    thegeckoposted 11 years ago

Dude! Only one answer to this question... Barney Stinson X 12! He's AWESOME! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzCyD5n3ct8

7. epigramman profile image60
    epigrammanposted 11 years ago

jesus christ
    a harp player
    Sannel
    a flute player
    Fred Astaire
    Gene Kelly
    Sannel's mum
    Antonio Carlos Jobim
    Mother Teresa
    my mum
    lake erie time ontario canada 2:15am with full moon over the lake and an empty wine glass

8. That Grrl profile image71
    That Grrlposted 11 years ago

That sounds more like a stampede than a retreat. I'd go alone and stay as long as I could.

Some would enjoy being around others while some would not. This is what makes us all so wonderful - we have different opinions! I would absolutely enjoy time on my own after the retreat I would enjoy! smile

9. DDE profile image45
    DDEposted 11 years ago

I would be with my family the most important people in my life

10. lburmaster profile image71
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

Probably choose my kindergarden friend, Anna. Grade school friend, Olivia. My middle school friend, Anna. My old next door neighbor, Shelby. Those are the only four friends that have made a difference. However, I would also choose my grandmother, Barbara; my sister, Brianna; my partner, David. That is kind of it. Seven people.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)