Were you born ON a holiday? or do you know someone with a holiday birthday?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. ChristinS profile image41
    ChristinSposted 11 years ago

Were you born ON a holiday? or do you know someone with a holiday birthday?

Wondering how common it is to be born on a holiday. I am a Halloween baby! and love it smile Were you born on a holiday or do you know someone born ON a holiday - not around it, but on the actual day? Do they love it or hate it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5579803_f260.jpg

2. PDXKaraokeGuy profile image84
    PDXKaraokeGuyposted 11 years ago

By default, the day i was born is a holiday ;-)  (august 6th)

My dad was born on christmas eve. He would have been born on Christmas, but the doctor induced him a day early because he didn't want to work on Christmas.

ChristinSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Christmas eve is just close enough wink still counts as a holiday birthday to me.

3. Rebecca2904 profile image67
    Rebecca2904posted 11 years ago

My boyfriend is born on Halloween too! He likes it because it means there's always a party going on and he doesn't have to make an effort himself haha. I think having a birthday on a smaller holiday would be quite cool, but having one on Christmas might be a bit miserable because you'd get all your presents in one go and wouldn't have it to look forward to the rest of the year. Also, it wouldn't be your special day because it's everyone's special day.
    Oh! I just remembered, my uncle is born on the 4th of July... but that's not a holiday for us so it doesn't really count.

Halloween birthdays are definitely fun, unfortunately I always make the effort for the parties wink, but I have a great time with it.  Christmas birthdays would be tough I agree.

4. hbentleymom profile image60
    hbentleymomposted 11 years ago

I know someone born on Thanksgiving but because of the moving date of that holiday they are not always the same.

It's still a neat birthday though and kind of cool because you don't always have to share your day with the holiday smile

5. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 11 years ago

My brother shares his birthday with George Washington.......he never said much about sharing, so I guess he liked it!

That's a cool one smile Most people think of the major holidays but a president's birthday totally counts too.

6. Cam Anju profile image68
    Cam Anjuposted 11 years ago

My dad was born on Christmas. He hates it, he says Jesus stole his birthday. wink His favorite holiday is Halloween, he got married on Halloween.  Me on the other hand, a week early, I'm a week before Christmas, ah well.

I think a Christmas birthday would be a tough one - talk about being upstaged wink Halloween is totally cool I agree, would be a fun wedding!

7. Pauline Davenport profile image61
    Pauline Davenportposted 11 years ago

erm - I was conceived when my folks were on honeymoon - does that count? Mmmm- maybe not.....

Yeah, don't think that counts wink but I'm sure the honeymoon felt like a fantastic holiday smile

8. elayne001 profile image77
    elayne001posted 11 years ago

My sister was born on December 31st, and it seems she gets slighted every year since people already gave it all on Christmas. But at least she gets some fireworks!

New years eve - always a cool party though I would bet, but yeah I've heard a lot of people born around Christmastime feel kind of cheated - I don't blame them.

9. GiblinGirl profile image71
    GiblinGirlposted 11 years ago

I wasn't born on a holiday although last year my birthday happened to fall on Easter, which was kind of neat.  I do know of several people who, like you, were born on Halloween though.  I imagine it would make for some fun parties.

The shifting holidays are cool too though, because you can do it once in awhile and not always have a holiday crowding out the b-day.  Yes Halloween parties here are cool, but I'm always the one throwing them lol

10. TripleAMom profile image78
    TripleAMomposted 11 years ago

My sister was born on 4th of July.  When she was little, my mom told her that all of the celebrations were for her and she believed it.  It took her a bit to figure out that it was our COUNTRY's burthday that everyone was celebrating. 

My husband's birthday is in the middle of June and at times falls on Father's Day.  We try to celebrate both separately even if they fall on the same day.

I have two older kids with birthdays in December.  We never slighted them on gifts.  We just try to get birthday parties out of the way before concentrating on getting ready for Christmas, or start Christmas prep really early.

I can relate lol.  When I was little I thought the Halloween parade and costumes etc. were for my birthday too smile  Cool how you handle the kids december birthdays smile My sister was a Dec. baby and hated it.

11. profile image52
    Giddy Geezerposted 11 years ago

My oldest daughter was born on Valentine's Day and she always got to have a Valentine party at school as well as one at home. We always had a heart shaped cake and Valentine decor and she loved it.....right up until she had a young man in her life! Then she decided she had been cheated! She always says her gifts are a combo deal!

aww, sorry she ended up not liking it, but what a cool birthday for a little girl with all the hearts and cuteness anyway smile love it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)