If you were able to create a new world what would you leave out, and what would

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)
  1. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 11 years ago

If you were able to create a new world what would you leave out, and what would you add in?

Imagine that you have died, and met with God (or anyway met with an obviously higher power) and are told:

"Well done, we liked you life's work; you can create your own planet"

(start small, you can work up to universes and galaxies later)

How would YOU create it, would you have humans (or similar) would you give them free will or just options?

Have fun!

2. calynbana profile image78
    calynbanaposted 11 years ago

I don't think I would change a thing, I think we live in the best possible world we could considering that we have free choice.

3. micadeolu profile image50
    micadeoluposted 11 years ago

Hmm... I would simply create a replica of this world but will make the humans in my world be more accessible to wisdom. I will ease their difficulty in receiving words of wisdom from higher powers.

I will then set a law into motion that will make survival difficult for anyone who cannot practice agape love. Just as it is difficult to survive this world without breathing in air and oxygen.

4. cenarius27 profile image64
    cenarius27posted 11 years ago

I guess I would like to reunite all the continents again. These will increase our collective wisdom and will also improve our point of view towards humanity and nature. As the resources then would be shared so there will be scope ample brotherhood..no other way. Rest of the things are good. May be we can rebuild Ozone though.

5. Attikos profile image83
    Attikosposted 11 years ago

I'd leave out 80% of the people, and put in more grilled rack of lamb.

1. Agnes Penn profile image60
      Agnes Pennposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget the BBQ.

6. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 11 years ago

I always believe in spiritual world where our spirits have reached the way of enlightenment and fully understand the purpose of being human beings after returning as spirit form.

It is an aim to be in the form of spirit and living in the kingdom with God. So if I am to create a new world then it will be a paradise for spirits where we will live with LOVE and omitting out those jealousy, hatred, fighting, wars, etc.

I believe that is the objective of what God wants us to be and so I will create this new world where everyone has only LOVE for one another.

7. wandererh profile image68
    wandererhposted 11 years ago

To borrow a quote from the movies, "When things are at their worst, you are at your best.", which is such a pity really.  By and large, that is quite true for most of us, as it is only when our backs are against the wall that we perform at our best.

For my planet, I would create humans itching to perform at their best every single time, every moment of their lives.  They will have free will, of course, and be highly intelligent and creative.  They can do as they please, but they will have to bear the consequences of their own actions.  They will only have themselves to blame and to credit, without a God to punish or reward them.

I will leave them alone and watch from afar to see what wonders or abominations they can conceive of and create.

8. OneFineG467 profile image60
    OneFineG467posted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7032888_f260.jpg

No snakes, Lizards, cockcroach, rats and bacterias...Let there be delightful flower filled with fragrance grow in the place of fungus, algae and all the colourful butterfly grow in the place of mosquitoes.

No factor will cause the oxygen to deterioate .

9. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 11 years ago

Beautiful question---really. I think each of us who begins to answer feels as though he/she is actually creating it merely by describing it. I would just like to add the conclusion to an article I just posted:

"...this writer has concluded that there is yet again an imbalance between the sexes. What is most discouraging is that it is still an inequality brought on by man. Nature or God if you prefer, meant for one sex to compliment the other. In the past men had physical superiority over women and thus were the hunters and protectors and later in the more sophisticated centuries, the providers.

Today those roles have been blurred if not abolished since there are equally strong and clever women. Thus, while it does seem that women have expanded their roles and responsibilities into man's realm, men continue to dominate the economic scene. Tragically, in the name of progress, we are anihialting our own kind by producing products and having adopted a lifestyle that is killing off the male sex, which inevitably will mark the end of humanity. In the words of some writers who answered the question posed to them: “What truly matters is that we respect, love, support and encourage each other.”

For the sake of the future of the huma race, it is this writer’s ambition that working together for the common good and using what each sex has excellence in, men and women alike can find common just ground on which to function harmoniously and protect each other."

I hope it's clear enough.

10. Agnes Penn profile image60
    Agnes Pennposted 11 years ago

I'd leave out lawyers and politicians and add more tropical beaches and ice cream!

1. wandererh profile image68
      wandererhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You forgot the bankers.  smile

11. Stephen Govoni profile image60
    Stephen Govoniposted 11 years ago

I'd keep it all, all the nature and earthly things we have.  It's quite amazing really.  What I would change though is human nature.  The propensity to make excuses, avoid realities, and the lack of understanding we have with the Earth around us.  More responsible and sustainable would be it.  And I'd let the big banks fail!  Oops.

12. Darrell Roberts profile image70
    Darrell Robertsposted 11 years ago

First I would thank GOD for this opportunity and let GOD konw that GOD is always welcomed to visit my planet, so I could continue to do my best to try to serve. Ok that is it for humility

Ok you said start small, I would have went the other way, creating universes and multiple dimensions first.

The planet would not be like earth.  I would create 1 million different forms of life. I would be capable of changing my form at will.  I would have a sky that changes colors based on how I feel.  There would be no kill of anything on my planet.

I have to be honest there would be no free will. My planet just do as I instruct. I would write many stories and created the characters and have then play the story out to entertain my self. 

I would have fun at all time.  I would do what ever I want to do.  When I am in human form I would create people to play with. I would not let them know they did not have free will.  They would enjoy thinking that they were making their own decision, while I was secretly pulling their string, because in a way that would be my real job. 

If I did cause my creations pain because one of the stories I put them in was painful.  I would remove the memory from them at the end of their existence.  I would not want to create spirits because I think real spiritual beings should have free will and since I would not be the original creator I would not want to do harm any spiritual beings from the original creation.

I would not want the original GOD to get upset with me so I really would ask what I could do and what I could not do out of respect.

Nice question, Sorry I rambled on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)