Is it a good idea to have Sandra Fluke speak at the Democratic Convention?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Cassie Smith profile image59
    Cassie Smithposted 11 years ago

Is it a good idea to have Sandra Fluke speak at the Democratic Convention?

She is a walking joke.  The 30-year-old law student who can't pay for her own birth control, can't get her rich boyfriend to pay for it, but wants everyone else to pay for it.  LOL!

2. Conservative Lady profile image72
    Conservative Ladyposted 11 years ago

It is awesome if you ask me! Maybe a few Liberals will see her for who she is and wise up before November`election time. I don't see her doing much good for Obama's situation - other than speaking to the other airhead young women out there that think we should all cough up the dough for their birth control.

1. Cassie Smith profile image59
      Cassie Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nah, liberals aren't smart, they are about the ideology and how the government can achieve their ideology.  The stupid woman doesn't even realize that you can get generic birth control for cheap at any drugstore.

3. daskittlez69 profile image75
    daskittlez69posted 11 years ago

She is a joke, plain and simple.  She gets news coverage because she couldn't find her way to a local pharmacy to purchase it all by herself for under $15 per month.  Now Obama has a new armed puppet for the Democrats' war on women.  Good God, what is this world coming to.  I am almost ashamed to call myself a Democrat these days.  The Republicans aren't any better with their schemes.  But this is starting to get a little out of hand.

1. junkseller profile image78
      junksellerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm curious if you have actually seen her speak versus just listening to what others say about her. I've never heard her talk about herself. As far as I can tell, her approach is purely as a women's health issue. That is a Democratic plank, no?

2. daskittlez69 profile image75
      daskittlez69posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh come on Junkseller, I normally agree with you on most stuff.  She is a narcissist that has already used up her 15 minutes of fame and now she is trying to get a career out of it. Here are some of her statements:
      "I'm here today to talk about the P

3. junkseller profile image78
      junksellerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, I'm hardly an expert on her, but I did just watch her in an interview. She didn't seem at all self-serving and spoke intelligently and capably on the issue. My opinion of her, previously based mostly on things I had heard, went way up.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)