Is there a book character you desperately wish you were like?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Alisa Arishina profile image60
    Alisa Arishinaposted 11 years ago

Is there a book character you desperately wish you were like?

Have you ever read a book and thought, "Wow, this IS me, but more awesome!"? If so, which one?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7171594_f260.jpg

2. alamch profile image62
    alamchposted 11 years ago

Harry Porter... i always imagined that character that wow its me i'm doing the magic i'm into the scene harry porter is dream character

3. Pavlo Badovskyy profile image76
    Pavlo Badovskyyposted 11 years ago

not yet, but there are still many books which I did not read.. smile

Alisa Arishinaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense. Perhaps you're a historical character.

4. CriticalMessage profile image68
    CriticalMessageposted 11 years ago

Seeing that I am 'Grey'... No need for me to want to be that... SO?, I would want to be 'The Blue Fish' from Dr. Seuss...

Not Sam-I-Am? wink

2. CriticalMessage profile image68
      CriticalMessageposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nope... I want to be 'The Blue Fish'

5. tlbliss profile image61
    tlblissposted 11 years ago

I would have to say yes...Mary Poppins.

This is one of the best stories in my opinion.  I love how life is so easy for Mary Poppins and how she is able to make others happy and jovial too.

Kinda like Samantha from Bewitched, huh?

6. Ramsa1 profile image61
    Ramsa1posted 11 years ago

No. But I really wish that I was a famous best-selling author.

7. tlmcgaa70 profile image59
    tlmcgaa70posted 11 years ago

sam from lord of the rings and pollyanna...those two come closest to who i am so i identify with them.

8. Ddraigcoch profile image73
    Ddraigcochposted 11 years ago

I reckon some days I am Dr Seuss' "cat in the hat", whilst some days I am more like "The Grinch".. We are different things and people on different days I suppose.

9. Neil Sperling profile image59
    Neil Sperlingposted 11 years ago

Interesting question - As far as I know there is no biographies written about me, nor have I written an auto-biography to date - thus I can honestly say there is no book characters I wish I was like.

Someone recently asked me what I would do different if I had my life to live over?

I replied "nothing would be changed - I made it to here, I have learned to be comfortable in my own skin PLUS I long ago learned happiness is a choice and I choose to be happy. My life has been an adventure... let the adventure continue!!"

Interesting answer...

10. Dardia profile image60
    Dardiaposted 11 years ago

I don't know as I actually wish I were like any but there are many I think are pretty awesome. I mean to be able to see and deduce things as Sherlock Holmes would be great but I wouldn't want to be all messed up as he is. I have wondered whether I might fancy a certain male character or two as my boyfriend or husband, but never really seriously. After all to make the characters more entertaining there needs to be some negative to them.

Same applies to people, doesn't it? ))

11. Hui (蕙) profile image60
    Hui (蕙)posted 11 years ago

This is an awesome question, which really took me some time to think and flash back through some memories. Days back, I'd imagined myself as not few characters in stories, but I really can't say someone who I desperately wish to be!

12. Docmo profile image91
    Docmoposted 11 years ago

I have not been one but many.  I've been the boy Jim Hawkins aboard the pirate ship searching for the Treasure Island; I've been surrounded by pipe fumes and played the violin in 221B Baker street; I've journeyed through strange lands trying to destroy the One ring that rules them all; I've battled global super villains as a suave spy who has a License to Kill; I've been a brooding private eye looking for the Maltese Falcon; I've been a strange Belgian with a penchant for precision solving mysteries in Post war England; I've been the boy who lived;  the forensic examiner who finds clues from the mortal remains ; The Man with no name; The gunslinger; The mysterious stranger in the moors. I've bene heroes, villains, comedians, innocents and deviants. I've lived a thousand lives through books. Thanks for a brilliant question.

13. Crewman6 profile image81
    Crewman6posted 11 years ago

It would have to be Keith Doyle from Jody Lynn Nye's "Mythology 101".  He never gives up, works hard, helps others, and is relentlessly cheerful.

14. Darkproxy profile image58
    Darkproxyposted 11 years ago

BK-201 from DTB his combat skills and his bullet-proof trench coat and a white mask are totally bad ass

15. Rod Marsden profile image66
    Rod Marsdenposted 11 years ago

Since there have been Star Trek novels that have been created independent of either the television shows or movies, I think the logical person to be is Spok. If not Spok then Scotty. I wish there had been more time to develop the relationship between Scotty and Uhura. I think they would have made a lovely couple. On the Next Generation scene there's Captain Picard. I do so admire his love of books. In Discworld I fancy being either a member of the Assassin's Guild in good standing or Captain Carrot from the City Watch.

That's fascinating. smile

16. Jenn-Anne profile image74
    Jenn-Anneposted 11 years ago

I adore Anne Shirley from the Anne of Green Gables books. I wish I could be more like her!

17. Author Cheryl profile image81
    Author Cherylposted 11 years ago

I live vicariously through my character.  I can't be a real serial killer but she does what I can't do lol

18. His princesz profile image61
    His princeszposted 11 years ago

The Proverbs 31 woman in the book of Proverbs from the Bible.

19. Shanna11 profile image74
    Shanna11posted 11 years ago

Hermione Granger. I'm vaguely obsessed with her. I'm always trying to learn and know everything and please everyone. It would be a lot easier if I were like her. tongue

Desire to please everyone can be a painful little pest sometimes. If only there were more people like that!
      xoxo

20. profile image0
    ashelladyhawkeposted 11 years ago

Believe it or not, I would have to Isabella Swan of the Twilight Series. I totally understand what being an outsider to people is all about. It's like wishing you were born in a different time period or something. I am almost 46 and still feel that way today. But at the same time, I have learned that either you take me the way that I am, or leave me in peace. I have no more time for BS.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)