Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Or Supernatural Experience?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. PhoenixV profile image63
    PhoenixVposted 11 years ago

Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Or Supernatural Experience?

Have you ever had a paranormal or supernatural experience of any kind? Describe your paranormal or supernatural experience in great detail.

2. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 11 years ago

Definition of paranormal

par·a·nor·mal/ˌparəˈnôrməl/
    Adjective:    Denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding.

Definition of supernatural

1: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
    2 a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature
    b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

Using these definitions, the answer is No..

3. precy anza profile image93
    precy anzaposted 11 years ago

Do you believe in those?! I did had experiences but most of it was when I was a kid and when I was about 18 or 19. I had quite a few as we live in a province back then, that was back in the Philippines. That was the first time I had seen a shadow person, back then at that age I didn't know they were called as such. It was black all over, a figure of a man crossing the street that one night while the neighbors kids and I are tri-biking. It disappeared across the street on an empty lot. I don't think the other kids I'm with saw it. I was probably around 11 or 12 years old at that time.

And then 12 or 13 years later, I'm here now on San Diego and the second time I saw a shadow person, same as person, all black, all I saw was a  figure walking towards the street. That was almost 11 pm and I was on my way to pick up my mom from her work on Walmart. We live in a town house and as I drive toward the entrance/exit I saw this man walking towards it as well. And he was about less than 10 ft. ahead of me, he was walking on the side walk. He was, as I said all black figure but for somehow I didn't mind it, I just brushed it off my mind. But then  when I reached the town house's entrance/exit and now checking the traffic on both directions of the road, I thought about the man walking who was only few feet ahead of me seconds ago. So I looked and checked again on both left and right of the sidewalk but he's not there. If he could walk that quick for me to lost sight of him, at least I could still have a glimpse of him even if he had walked that far. But he's nowhere on both directions.

And that's when it sank in that I saw a shadow person for the second time. I thought to myself, "how come I didn't realized it that very moment I saw him?" It explains why I didn't saw any clothes, eyes, or maybe the shape of his mouth. And how could I think he was just wearing a black jacket. But he was dark all over, his face and body, from head to toe was all dark.

I had other experiences, but I think this is all for now, or else this is going to be a long one. smile

4. Claudia47 profile image63
    Claudia47posted 11 years ago

All of my life, if you count extraordinary coincidences happening again and again. I believe that you never see the supernatural or paranormal until you look for them.

And it's also a matter of perspective. If you'd demonstrated a cell phone to Henry VIII, he would've had you burned at the stake as a witch or magician...(he liked to do that).

An example of one of my experiences, which could be rationalized away (and probably will be) follows:

I was a young single mother, driving 75 miles round trip daily to work to support my kids.  My car was older and had its problems.  One July Saturday morning I was driving home after doing some overtime. The long, deserted Beeline Hiway stretched ahead and behind me for many miles, with no other traffic in site.

Suddenly my car began steaming and sputtering and came to a stop.  This was pre cell-phone days and I was miles from a house or business.  Right about then a beat-up station wagon came over the horizon, pulled up in front of my car, and an older, white-haired man got out.

He asked me to raise my car's hood, then looked at the car & said it was a bad hose. From his tattered vehicle he pulled tape and several gallon jugs of water,  After taping the hose and filling my radiator, he told me to get to a mechanic ASAP to have it repaired properly.  He then looked at me and said, "I have a daughter, so I'm always prepared. I'd want someone else to do this for her".  He drove away.

I did go to a gas station and got the car repaired.  I didn't see another car for the 20-some miles it took to get there, either.

An angel unawares or just dumb, blind luck?  I guess it's all in how you look at it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)