What do you do to chase your blues away?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)
  1. suzzycue profile image88
    suzzycueposted 11 years ago

What do you do to chase your blues away?

How or what do you do to achieve happiness or joy everyday?

2. jpesch1 profile image77
    jpesch1posted 11 years ago

I write!

There isn't anything better for me then just dumping my feelings down on paper.  It helps me gain perspective again.  Whenever I hesitate to actually put the words down on paper, I think about why that is.  It's usually because my negative thoughts are not entirely accurate.  Then when I rephrase it to be accurate, it's not as bad as I had actually thought it was.  Well, then there are those times when I do vent and it is accurate!  When I'm done, I feel better.  I dumped it onto the paper!  Then I try to let it go!

suzzycueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like this idea of dumping it onto paper than I could just throw my sadness away. Thanks a lot for your answer.

3. kiranlani profile image60
    kiranlaniposted 11 years ago

identify the root cause of the blues and exercise it out of my life.

Exercise it out is a good idea.

4. innerspin profile image88
    innerspinposted 11 years ago

I think it's unrealistic to expect joy every day, life has ups and downs. Listening to uplifting music is a good way to lighten a mood, or as jpesch1 says, writing down what's bothering you to get a new perspective. Re-framing how you see things can be helpful.

Yes I agree we have our ups and downs.

5. Rosyel Sawali profile image62
    Rosyel Sawaliposted 11 years ago

Personally I'd listen to feel-good music, watch something funny, or write, write, write. Thankfully, I don't always get the blues. ^_^

Music does work until a sad song comes on.

6. samnashy profile image71
    samnashyposted 11 years ago

Exercise is a good one.  I like uplifting music and also having some nice uplifting essential oils on hand.  But really, none of these work 100% and usually I just 'ride it out'.   I try and remind myself that things will pick up again, as usually they do.  If I can identify the root cause, then I will deal with it, but sometimes my mood is just my mood.

music seems to be the answer. Right on.

7. CrisSp profile image73
    CrisSpposted 11 years ago

I read a quick pick me up, write, check Face Book just plain looking (not commenting on anything) and play some music. Sometimes, I'd cry it and spill it out, then I feel good afterwards.

And, my favorite thing to do to lift my spirit up is to look at the family masterpiece. I hubbed about it sometime back, it's called: "Happiness from Masterpiece to Masterpeace"--no intention to promote but feel free to check it whenever you have the chance. When you do, you'll understand what I mean. Simple pleasure to help me chase the blues.

thanks a lot

8. Jynzly profile image64
    Jynzlyposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7383591_f260.jpg

I have swings of moods especially when there is something I want to accomplish but are blocked by bureaucracy and other outside factors. Following are some of those I usually do(I do one or more of these);
    1. Write down the present contents of my mind and my feelings then read them and analyze the real issue that cause the mood then resolve the issue through imagery;
    2. Draw, sketch or paint
    3. Play and listen to my favorite music
    4. Play videos on lectures, seminars, meditations along the line of positive thinking or how wonderful life is meant to be
    5. Play ballroom music such as chacha, lambada, tango, rumba on video then dance them following the dancers in the video.
    6. Create handicrafts such as crochet, embroidery, tatting or just scrapbook and anything available.
    7. Go bicycling or swimming, exercise in the gym

Awesome Jynzly , you have a real routine. I love this thank you. Interesting.

9. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 11 years ago

To chase my blues away I turn up the music and sing!  To achieve happiness every day I always work towards my goals.

Right on

10. Beata Stasak profile image77
    Beata Stasakposted 11 years ago

There is no guarantee and no possibility for us to be happy all the time, once I learned to accept that, I have found my peace of mind:)
    For me, the acceptance of bad days that follow good days is the key to chase my blues away.
    Think of happiness as the fragile butterfly, when it lands on your palm and you try to hold it tightly, you crash its wings, it dies. If you look at it, happy to have it for a short time on your palm and let it to fly away when it pleases, you both survive. You will be sad to let it go but deep down you know it may come back.

Awesome this comparison of happiness to a butterfly will stick with me a long time. Thanks a lot Beata Stasak.

2. Globetrekkermel profile image64
      Globetrekkermelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Love your answer.it says it all,Beata.

11. Globetrekkermel profile image64
    Globetrekkermelposted 11 years ago

I seldom get the blues but i do have them once in a while and i snap out of it very quickly. The way i snap out of it is I read about lives of other people who have it much lesser than me.and i look at those i got the blues day as life's challenges.i remind myself"THIS TOO SHALL PASS". And itbusually does.

You are right.Great advice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)