What is the most important piece of advice a mother could give to her son about

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)
  1. roxanne459 profile image80
    roxanne459posted 11 years ago

What is the most important piece of advice a mother could give to her son about woman?

2. jennshealthstore profile image81
    jennshealthstoreposted 11 years ago

I do not have a son, but a daughter. But I think in general we should teach our children that when looking for a spouse they should choose a person who is loving, caring and who is going to make us happy. I would warn not to just settle and to follow your heart.

3. fpherj48 profile image59
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

roxanne.....I LIKE this question.  Having raised 4 sons, you can be sure, I gave all of them, an entire boat load of advice on "women." 
    I'm afraid that in terms of "the most IMPORTANT piece of advice" about women I gave each one, they would probably have to tell you.  Because they are all such unique individuals, my guess would be, that each one of them chose their own most important morsel of advice.
    However, I can assure you that I continually reminded them of the vast worlds apart, in the way men think, as opposed to women.  I encouraged them to always remember that above all else, women need to know they are LOVED & APPRECIATED......not "now & then," but at all times.   That, no matter how strong, self-motivated and independent a woman is....she will always want to know that the man in her life is her safe haven and a soft place to fall.  She will always need for you to be her Hero....her "Knight in shining armor," who charges in to defend and protect her, if necessary. 
    When women confuse and frustrate you (and they will) keep in mind that it's less important to "understand," than it is to simply love and respect her. 
    Since the reality is that, simply by nature, women are all about love and nurturing, there is never a need to make irrational demands.  Treat your woman as if she's all important to you and you'll receive it all in return, a hundred times.
    "Intention," as well as words & actions, tell women how you really feel.  Practice the common courtesies you've been taught since being babies.....words like "Thank you", "I'm sorry", "excuse me" and "Can I help you?"  are powerful.  Use them often.
    This is pretty much the basic course I taught in, "Women 101."  I will probably never know just how much of an impact any of the lessons had on them.  But I can very happily tell you that all 4 of them have visibly strong, happy marriages, to women they love dearly and who love them back fiercely! 
    As a little side note, I will share a special blessing I've received that makes my heart sing.  At one point or another, I received a personal letter or card from each of my daughters-in-law, in essence, thanking me for raising an amazing/awesome man and how lucky they feel to be their wife.  Seriously, I can tell you, I literally framed each note and hung them on my walls.  My 1st. DIL signs all cards to me..."Love, Missy & The Love of my Life."  They've been married nearly 25 years.  Am I a blessed Mom?  You bet I am!

4. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 11 years ago

She is a person, like you, and should be treated as such. No matter how hot she is or horny you are, she is not a sex object, a thing or a score. She is a person. Develop a relationship with her before you have sex, and the sex will be better, and you're more likely to have a long term relationship with both companionship and physical pleasure. Treat her like a plaything or the dating as a game, and she gets hurt and so can you be.

5. Alastar Packer profile image72
    Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

Very simple. Make sure and choose a mate with a good and loving heart. Above all else.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)