Are you a chocoholic? do you love eating chocolate?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (47 posts)
  1. AussieTreeChange profile image70
    AussieTreeChangeposted 11 years ago

Are you a chocoholic?  do you love eating chocolate?

Do you love to indulge in chocolate and hide it from other people in the house?  or do you share it?  Can you stop at just a few pieces or do you devour a whole block or a whole box and destroy the evidence?

2. John Sarkis profile image82
    John Sarkisposted 11 years ago

Interesting question...I was just mentioning to a friend on FB how much I love this chocolate cheesecake...; however, I don't consider myself a "chocoholic."  True, I enjoy chocolate - perhaps I should say it's somewhere between like and love, but not quite love.  All said, there are a few desserts I enjoy more than chocolate - e.g., pies and pastries.

AussieTreeChangeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

that chocolate cheesecake sounds devine! !

2. John Sarkis profile image82
      John Sarkisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I guarantee you, Aussie, if you're a chocolate lover, there's nothing like it on earth.  Godiva, as it stands makes the best tasting chocolates, period.

3. stayingalivemoma profile image83
    stayingalivemomaposted 11 years ago

Um....YES!!! I LOVE CHOCOLATE. I'll sing it from the rooftops! From street corners! on YouTube!!!
    Chocolate should be part of the food pyramid. Besides the fact that it is so delicious, relaxing and satisfying...it has health benefits too! Okay, maybe I'm a little biased.
    I do, after all, have chocolate running through my veins!

And, yes, I have been know to hide chocolate from family members. Oh, come on, wouldn't you?

I love how chocolate has health benefits!

4. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 11 years ago

Yes definately - my dream snack is a lovely bar of chocolate with a hot cup of steaming coffee. This is a great way to get the creative juices flowing when stuck for topics to write about - well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!! LOL!

1. stayingalivemoma profile image83
      stayingalivemomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you seeker! It does seem to pep up your brain doesn't it?

5. Blond Logic profile image93
    Blond Logicposted 11 years ago

This is, as John says, an interesting question.
    I enjoying eating chocolate and have come to appreciate good chocolate. Here in my little piece of Brazil, There is the , national brand, Hershey's or Nestle.
    I lived in Europe for many years and the chocolate is far superior. Swiss and Belgian chocolate are excellent and it isn't only expensive brands. When people visit, this is one thing we request they bring.
    With good chocolate I am happy to have just a small piece. If you eat too much the enjoyment value is lessened I believe. Plus that saves more for the next time to be savoured.
    It has returned to being a luxury because it isn't readily available.
    I still enjoy Hershey's occasionally but this is more a trip down memory lane than actual chocolate enjoyment.

The Belgian chocolates are on the top of my list!

6. Scribenet profile image61
    Scribenetposted 11 years ago

Not a chocoholic though I do enjoy it now and then. smile

7. OldRoses profile image95
    OldRosesposted 11 years ago

I'm a chocoholic and proud of it!  I eat chocolate every day.  Because I live alone, I don't have to share my chocolate or hide it.

Oh, you are so lucky!

2. AussieTreeChange profile image70

Lucky you!

8. ExpectGreatThings profile image75
    ExpectGreatThingsposted 11 years ago

YES! I just love the stuff. I don't have to hide it, though. My husband and kids prefer salty snacks. If it is in my house, I will eat it all day long. And if I don't have any in my house, I will drink a couple of cups of hot cocoa just to tide me over.

I think hot chocolate and winter go hand in hand.

9. msLarayne profile image63
    msLarayneposted 11 years ago

I love chocolate, especially dark chocolate and I don't hide it from anyone!  It's good and I like to treat myself and love when I get it as a gift!

One of my sisters embraces the fact that I am a chocoholic and used to get me Godiva chocolats every Christmas for a gift!

10. SweetMarie83 profile image81
    SweetMarie83posted 11 years ago

I used to consider myself a chocoholic, but I only have it once in awhile now. I'm not sure what happened - I still love it, it's just not a food-obsession the way it used to be!

11. gypsumgirl profile image72
    gypsumgirlposted 11 years ago

Absolutely!  A little bit of chocolate every single day is just perfect in my book.  I'm not picky, either.  Milk and white are my fans, but I'll eat almost any variety.

Some days, eating just a few pieces is doable.  On other days, the whole bar or block is devoured.  I never hide the evidence, however.  I actually enjoy it with my husband, who is also a chocoholic.  smile

12. profile image61
    ElleBeeposted 11 years ago

I don't got to the point of hiding the chocolate, the evidence etc. but I am definitely a big chocolate fan!  i especially like dark chocolate.

13. CreeViking profile image83
    CreeVikingposted 11 years ago

No, I don't know why. It's not like I HATE chocolate but rather that I seem to have no desire for it. My wife on the other hand LOVES chocolate

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A friend of mine used to work seasonally on the packing line at See's Candies.  They were not allowed to remove any from the plant, but were allowed to sample all they wanted; she became sick of chocolate; even the smell of it.  Chocoholic cure!  LOL

14. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

Devout chocoholic, here.  The darker, the better.  Not so crazy about milk chocolate--it's not chocolaty enough to be worthy.  Likewise so-called "white chocolate. That's just plain yucky, in my opinion; it has virtually no chocolate flavor, and tastes and feels more like a mouthful of vegetable shortening.  Blah!

Chocolate does, indeed, have some health benefits, but as with everything else, moderation is the key.  I have been known to scarf up half a box of Junior Mints at one sitting--or a whole box at the movies--but that's rare.  The darker chocolate is more satisfying, and you need less.  I have a stash of 80% dark...and I keep it well-sealed so it won't go stale..but I'll be happy with one square, and won't feel the need to eat the whole bar, whereas a bar of 'regular' dark chocolate, such as Hershey's "Special Dark," I have no problem or qualms about chomping down the whole thing.
    And yes, when my kids were little, I hid my stash.   ;-)  Now that I'm an "empty-nester,"  I don't need to.

Great comment, thank you!

2. Insane Mundane profile image58
      Insane Mundaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dang, you guys make chocolate sound like an addictive narcotic or something...  LOL!

15. Diana Lee profile image75
    Diana Leeposted 11 years ago

I very well could be a chocoholic. I am very drawn to most chocolate bars and dare not keep them around the house or I am known to devour them. I will share if they get there before they are gone.

ahhh, the temptation, I can relate to that.

16. GoodLady profile image91
    GoodLadyposted 11 years ago

I love love love chocolate and have learned to not eat tons of it at the same time!  It's taken me years but I can now enjoy eating a few pieces of it at a time.  Well, say 4 pieces:

I can binge though!  And when I do, I can eat one whole Mars bar.  Usually when I'm starving and driving somewhere and I feel lonely.  And the paper in the car reminds me because I hate to clean my car.

Since my companion is worse than me at eating chocolates, I don't have to hide my wrappings but I would certainly hide them round people who are careful of their diets, who look great and are trim. 

I'd say I'm a chocoholic that's controlling my intake (most of the time!!!).

Chocolate is so wonderful.

I think it's wonderful too!

17. faythef profile image70
    faythefposted 11 years ago

I am a chocoholic..LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate..can't get enough of the sweet goodness..
    Although I don't hide it and I do share it..
    As far as devouring the whole thing, I try hard to use some restraint and hold back saving some for later..I never hide the evidence..It is quite visible on my hips and other areas, unfortunately for me.

18. lemonkerdz profile image89
    lemonkerdzposted 11 years ago

chocoholic? i need counseling. when we make a trip back to the u.k we come back to peru with kilos of chocolate and i mean kilos.
    We visit chocolate museums, chocolate factories dream about chocolate.
    so i guess the answer to your question is ...errr yes.

Wow, you might even dream of chocolate! smile

2. stricktlydating profile image83
      stricktlydatingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think chocolate from the UK is extra yummy too!

19. Cherrietgee profile image67
    Cherrietgeeposted 11 years ago

Not by any means. Though I most definitely have a sweet tooth, chocolate has never been something that I crave, indulge or "just gotta have". In fact, a few months ago, I bought a chocolate bar - that's how seldom I eat chocolate. I ate about a third of it and put the refrigerator. (It was late summer/early fall, and I didn't want it to melt.) Funny thing is this, I totally forgot about it until I rummaged through the fridge a week later and came across it. I thought, "Hey! I remember this." I ate a couple more little squares then and finished it off the next week.

20. Winterfate profile image95
    Winterfateposted 11 years ago

Me, no. Of course not.

*sees a bar of chocolate*

*chases after the bar of chocolate*

No one saw anything. yikes

(Seriously though, yes I am. I take after my mom in that respect.)

Like your comment, made me laugh smile

21. Heather63 profile image72
    Heather63posted 11 years ago

I definitely love chocolate - it's one of my favorite food groups!

I used to be a secret chocolate eater, and always felt bad about it. But an intrenched habit is really hard to break, and truthfully for a long time I didn't want to. I've tried to tame my indulgences more recently, though - partly for me, and partly so I set a good example for my kids.

I like having little tastes at a time, so it seems more special. And I put whatever goodies I make or buy out for everyone to enjoy now.

Sharing is great smile

22. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 11 years ago

I am not a chocoholic. I am just as happy with some fruit-flavored candy or caramels. I like chocolate and sometimes Mr. B, the family chocoholic, shares some of his with me. Once in a while I will get a .letch for a Hershey Bar. If it is a small one, I eat the whole thing.  I can't resist those chocolate covered cherries at Christmastime, but I limit myself to no more than 3 a day.

Choc covered cherries sound devine!

23. agusfanani profile image71
    agusfananiposted 11 years ago

I love eating chocolate but I'm not sure if I'm a chocoholic.

24. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

I love chocs since young but my hubby restrict my addiction because he fear i may contract diabetic as my family members have diabetic history. Hence, i eat a bar of 400g per month, only dark chocs.

25. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 11 years ago

I love eating chocolate, though not in excess so I would share it with others in the house other than hiding it... Or maybe I'd just sneak a piece of their block of chocolate...  But a packet of buscuits is a whole different story!

26. vespawoolf profile image91
    vespawoolfposted 11 years ago

Yes, I guess I qualify as a chocoholic. I eat a square most days and I do have my secret stash which I only share with those who truly appreciate it. I only eat dark chocolate, at least 65% cacao, and when my friends who travel abroad and ask what I'd like them to bring back for me, the answer is always dark chocolate. I love European brands like Lindt. A friend recently brought some 72% dark chocolate bars from Trader Joe's "Nirvana organic belgian chocolate". It's to die for! I wanted to eat some today but I'm trying to reign in my chocolate cravings so I can make it last for at least a month. :   )

Lindt is my absolute favourite!!!

27. ct92 profile image67
    ct92posted 11 years ago

I LIKE chocolate, mostly the ones with added stuff like nuts and crackers and yogurt and nougart. Mhhmmmmmm!

I would prefer licorice most days though. Or icecream. Licorice icecream.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)