If you were to start a petition, what would it be?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (33 posts)
  1. ThompsonPen profile image65
    ThompsonPenposted 11 years ago

If you were to start a petition, what would it be?

2. X-Con profile image67
    X-Conposted 11 years ago

That the federal reserve be abolished. For real. That's one big scam!

1. ArtzGirl profile image74
      ArtzGirlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm reading G. Edward Griffin's book, "The Creature from Jekyll Island" - what an eye-opener!  Wow!!!  The history behind the fed is very interesting.  I had NO IDEA, before beginning his book!

3. johndnathan profile image74
    johndnathanposted 11 years ago

I would petition that more resources be dedicated to promoting, expanding, and funding mass transit.  It's not a magic bullet, but it's one piece of the puzzle to true energy independence.

4. RoVeE profile image60
    RoVeEposted 11 years ago

That laws on abortion and divorce be abolished.

ThompsonPenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with the laws on abortion. I'm not sure what the laws are in regards to divorce though are, other than it just being expensive!

5. izettl profile image87
    izettlposted 11 years ago

To eliminate our HOA (Housing Association). It seems weird that others can tell me how big  an american flag I can hang in my front yard or where I store my garbage can. Is this America? I hate housing associations!
    The other thing, maybe not so petty, is making it easier to home school a child if you want to. Making more resources available and pay for the parent that home schools. Actually on that note, pay for stay-at-home moms would be a great addition to our broke system.

1. ArtzGirl profile image74
      ArtzGirlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I hear you on the HOA's!  I moved to San Diego and first lived in a condo association.  What a rude awakening to California!  I had NO IDEA, before moving in!  A true eye-opener, for sure!

6. Rod Rainey profile image79
    Rod Raineyposted 11 years ago

The restoration of free natural abundance.

1. greencha profile image62
      greenchaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That sounds interesting,can you give more details please..

2. ThompsonPen profile image65

I"d love to hear more too! smile

3. ReneeDC1979 profile image62
      ReneeDC1979posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah Rod -we're waiting!

4. Rod Rainey profile image79
      Rod Raineyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would be delighted! We are finding out more and more that prior to the rise of agriculture and civilization, people all over the world lived off the natural “fat” of the land and contrary to popular notions, these were not times of scarcity, the pe

7. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

To require comprehensive parenting classes to EVERY COUPLE or SINGLE PERSON who enters a doctor's office for prenatal care. These classes would be state mandated and cover child development, discipline, and the longterm effects of physical, sexual, emotional, and verbal child abuse. Certificates would be issued upon completion before the birth of the child and renewed every five years until child's 16th birthday. Call me crazy.

Yes!!! I've been saying te same thing! I fully agree!! smile

8. greencha profile image62
    greenchaposted 11 years ago

To call for a general election in the UK,and disband Cameron and his band of merry men...

9. Conservative Lady profile image71
    Conservative Ladyposted 11 years ago

My petition would be to demand that any/all Presidents of the United States must protect the rights of natural born and/or Legal immigrants in this country BEFORE trying to take care of Illegal immigrants. Our government spends so much money on illegal immigrants and citizens of other countries it is shameful. We have legal citizens suffering - they should be the priority not those here illegally....

10. cebutouristspot profile image78
    cebutouristspotposted 11 years ago

Free quality education for everyone.  Here in my country quality education cost an arm and a leg.

Yes! That's an excellent one! Education may be available, but it's not necessarily quality. That's a really good and worthy one.

11. padmendra profile image49
    padmendraposted 11 years ago

As a citizen, I would start a petition  addressing it to the authority concerned  highlighting the lack of basic amenities, schools and gardens  in our area of living. Due to lack of these facilities, people of the area are facing hardship and  would  emphasis to address the problem on priority.

Good call!

2. greencha profile image62
      greenchaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The situation there sound dyre,I hope people like you,(and maybe yourself),put yourselves forward asan Independent candidate(s) in your elections.You/they maybe surprised the following and support you will get I did in UK,and got good results.Regards

12. peoplepower73 profile image90
    peoplepower73posted 11 years ago

I would start a petition to overturn the Supreme Court ruling on Citizens United. Corporations are not people, just try to sue one and see how far you get. During the last election, it allowed Super PACs to be created that were tax exempt, non-profit organizations in name only and could fund the candidate of their choice without disclosing the source of funds.  As a result gazillion of dollars were spent on both sides to buy political advertising.  Much of the funding came from huge multi-national companies.  The real beneficiaries were the ad agencies and it was not representation by the people,but by big foreign interests.

That's an excellent one! Corporations are indeed NOT people!

13. ArtzGirl profile image74
    ArtzGirlposted 11 years ago

It would be in regards to something that I felt was an important thing to push through legislation, such as a REAL investigation into the events of 9/11, the Constitutional Rights of passing the NDAA Bill, Spraying Chemtrail Aerosol Sprays above Unsuspecting Global Citizens, Animal Rights Violations, and using directed energy weapons microwave technology on unsuspecting citizens for slow kill torture and assassination.

If you wonder what the heck I'm talking about, I've written several hub pages on these topics.

I agree! Don't get me started on the NDAA bill - which I find hardly any one has heard of, btw! I plan on checking out those hubs, though I do know what you're on about wink

14. misc-disc profile image61
    misc-discposted 11 years ago

End intelligence destroying reality television shows. All of them.

ha ha! yes!

15. mattforte profile image89
    mattforteposted 11 years ago

I would petition to order one Krispy Kreme donut to every (legal) citizen every morning at a time of their choosing, delivered by cute girls in rollerskates for as long as they remain a living US citizen.

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image62
      ReneeDC1979posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nice one -except the girls on skates- how about muscular guys on skateboards for hthe ladies - pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee!

16. ReneeDC1979 profile image62
    ReneeDC1979posted 11 years ago

I would start 2 petitions -one to get all homeless free housing -and the other to give everyone $20,000 and they have to spread it out over the year-they should be set up with a financial consultant or mentor to help spend the money wisely and get out of debt!!!

I love it! smile

17. Rod Rainey profile image79
    Rod Raineyposted 11 years ago

Answer to the question "If you were to start a petition, what would it be?" asked by ThompsonPen read more

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)