Does any body know percentage rate of hubbers leaving hub pages who have been me

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. greencha profile image62
    greenchaposted 11 years ago

Does any body know percentage rate of hubbers leaving hub pages who have been members a year plus.

2. wqaindia profile image38
    wqaindiaposted 11 years ago

Members only join the HubPages. How can the hubbers leave HP, they can just become inactive. However about a month back I analysed the statistics and suggested HP in my Hub to track such hubbers who might have actually LEFT the hub pages : http://wqaindia.hubpages.com/hub/What-t … c-Approach

1. To Start Again profile image69
      To Start Againposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hubbers can leave, you just deactivate your account and POOF you're gone smile Unless they have changed something within the last two years, hubbers can leave and join any time.

3. Goody5 profile image58
    Goody5posted 11 years ago

Hubbers are leaving the hub pages at an alarming rate. Some are getting banned, and others are contacting the Hub Pages and having their accounts deleted. I've been keeping track of the statistics since last year - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Google-vs-the-Hub-Pages 4,408 of our fellow hubbers have said goodbye just since the beginning of this year, which is a little over 3% for all hubbers. Here's a monthly break down for all of these losses - September 2012 - 4,324 Hubbers left

October 2012 - 4,089 Hubbers left

November 2012 - 2,802 Hubbers left

December 2012 - 2,847 Hubbers left

January 2013 - 1,485 Hubbers left

February 2013 - 1,517 Hubbers left

March 2013 - 1,406 Hubbers left so far this month

1. gags3480 profile image60
      gags3480posted 11 years agoin reply to this

But why is it happening?
      Why such a drastic downfall?

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
      LoisRyan13903posted 11 years agoin reply to this

How many of them were banned and for what reason.  Maybe the banned ones can get a warning first and they can correct what they have been doing and how many return?

3. Escobana profile image77
      Escobanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's just a thought but I guess most people leave because they don't make the amount of money they were expecting to make, as opposed to just write, enjoy and spread the wonderful Hublove.

4. Jlbowden profile image86
      Jlbowdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It could be happening,possibly for one, because a good deal of writers here, are not making the income that they would like to be. However I do also believe that the amount of new hubbers joining daily, adds up to ones that left.

5. To Start Again profile image69
      To Start Againposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hubbers leave/get banned all the time. I know of an old hubber who used to get banned (no joke) at least once amonth. It became impossible to keep up with his ever changing personas. His almost always had to do with comments made in the forums.

6. Lisa HW profile image64
      Lisa HWposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is likely to work well on here has changed.  That's all.  "Older" people signed up with "a different site" than it is today.  Many don't like the changes. "Newer" people sign up under today's guidelines and know what they're signing up for.

7. Gypzeerose profile image74
      Gypzeeroseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Many of the same problems that devastated Squidoo have moved over to Hubpages. People feel that they are being banned or penalized for foolish reasons.  It appears that robots are making most of the decisions. People feel impotent and bored.

4. LucidDreams profile image65
    LucidDreamsposted 11 years ago

Long time members are not neccissarily leaving hubpages but they are un-publishing hubs and moving them elsewhere so they can get better traffic to their work. There are too many problems here causing articles to rank very low in the search engines no matter how much you tweek them.

Once was the BEST place to write, now just another dis-functional article website. Too bad, It WAS a great place to meet people and make extra money at one time.

5. SidKemp profile image84
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

Any number I have are posted here by others, but I don't think it matters much.

People leave or become inactive for many reasons. The most crucial issue is that expectations are not being met. But were the expectations realistic to begin with? We can't know.

I think that it is up to each one of us to decide if we can meet our goals on HubPages. And, as writing on the Internet gets more crowded - often with poor quality stuff - financial success will get harder *everywhere.* As I see it, paying attention to those who are leaving is a step in following the crowd. And the crowd doesn't succeed.

I'm not suggesting to anyone whether to stay or go. I'm saying, rather, that, as each of us is an independent businessperson, we should make our own evaluation. And the departure of many hubbers (if true) is arguably as much a reason to stay as a reason to go. Those who stay in a business as it matures face less competition from older members and are more senior, experienced, and realistic than newer ones. That puts us in an ideal position for long-term stable income.

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
    LoisRyan13903posted 9 years ago

I myself am leaving Hub Pages because I earn more money on a different site and simply do not have the time to write for two sites.  But I am not going to deactivate my account since I may want to come back here when I have more time.  I think the main reason is money.  I know some people want to write for the sake of writing but for others writing is their job.  I can't think of any other reasons because this is a good site.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)