How can I have a spiritual revival?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Iamsam profile image60
    Iamsamposted 10 years ago

How can I have a spiritual revival?

2. sunkentreasure profile image68
    sunkentreasureposted 10 years ago

Listen to the voice inside you and be at peace in your mind.

It’s amazing that you can talk to the Creator of this vast universe

in a soft whisper

one-to-one

and He listens to you.

Only through prayer will you find

your true inner self and liberty.

Prayer is the key that opens the door to the awesome power of God.

True happiness comes in abundance when you pray to God with all your heart.

In this world, it doesn’t matter what people think of you…

the only thing that matters is what God thinks of you.

Follow what makes you happy and fills you with passion.

The key to inner wealth is to make melody your friend.

Treasure this day that God has given you

to be more open and to love more fully.

Call out the seeds of greatness

and encourage someone.

When you deposit your love into the hearts of strangers

That’s when miracles begin.

Enrich your soul soaking in the beauty of nature.

Take time to tell someone about Jesus.

Walk through the world with eyes of love.

When you reach out to bless the poor

You’ll change your life forever.

It’s your daily prayer that refreshes you

from the clutter and noise of the world.

Take responsibility for your life and future.

Thank God for His goodness and all the blessings He gives you.

God’s genius is everywhere.

Live your best life.

3. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 10 years ago

Love yourself at all times. Become ecstatic and totally intoxicated on your inner love. Remain at the highest spiritual level with the highest thoughtforms. Ignore and forget all negative concepts, feelings and people. You are no longer of this world. Allow the world to do what it does without becoming involved with it's low vibrations and ignorance. If you want to go even higher, transcend your own thought world because it is an illusion that you have created. It is not a reality either.

4. minakay profile image66
    minakayposted 10 years ago

A Spiritual Revival with God? From Jesus Christ? Just go to Isaiah 55:1-8 and take a look also at Matthew 5:3-12. The hunger of the heart for God's presence is answered when the petition is directed to God Himself. Take a look also at Jeremiah 29:11-13 and Jeremiah 33:3. God bless you and may you find the Revival that God desires you to have.

1. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

if you are filled with the Holy Spirit there is no need for revival. if not there is nothing to revive

5. Reginald Boswell profile image79
    Reginald Boswellposted 10 years ago

Pray (go to your secret place)
    Fast (deny your appetite)
    Give (to others with simplicity)

what can be revived that never existed ???

6. lifegate profile image78
    lifegateposted 10 years ago

I IChronicles 7:14 might be  good place to start. It lists four necessary things. "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." - Humility, Prayer, Repentance,seek God' face.

there is no such thing except in the "churches of men" because it is an invention of theirs, another of their false doctrines.   How can you reviv something that never was to begin with??

7. ecoggins profile image89
    ecogginsposted 10 years ago

The best way to have a spiritual revival is to spend concerted time with God. Two helpful guides (books) that show how to spend time with God are Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster and Spiritual Disciplines by Dallas Willard (Dr. Willard recently passed away). These two men began an organization called Renovare and you can find these books on through their website.

For me personally, I sing Christian worship songs for an hour or two, read and meditate on God's word found in the Bible, spend another hour praying and asking God to open my heart and eyes to his presence and his will for my life. Foster and Willard would both emphasize learning to practice the art of solitude and silence while alone and away from the hustle and bustle of life and then practicing the presence of God throughout the day, being mindful of how God's Spirit is leading you. When you pray it is also good to sit quietly and allow the Spirit to guide your prayers rather than going to God with a grocery list of needs. Another practice is to sit and watch nature. See the miracle of life in the existence of such complexity and yet simple beauty. Finally, adopt an attitude of gratitude and train your mind to see what is good in life rather than what is bad.

Many people (admittedly me too) spend way too much time judging and cursing their circumstances or the faults of others and not counting the many blessings they have in their lives. This is what I call the Eve complex. When God created the first man and woman he put them in a garden with an abundant variety of fruits to eat and barred them from one type of fruit. Eventually Eve and Adam became fixated on what they did not have and stopped giving thanks for all the abundance they already had. They then became dissatisfied and lost her joy.

1. Iamsam profile image60
      Iamsamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

thanks

8. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

Well I was intrigued by the question as it is an "I" question. And then I was intrigued by the answers that come out of the commentators' books and not anything about the "I" that asked the question. So I went looking for this "I" and found her. She is bright and intelligent and well spoken and liked by others. She professes strong faith. Indeed by even asking this question she shows her faith. She does not ask "How can God revive my spirit?" But rather how can she.
    And then I read a great hub on this issue -- written by none other than our questioner and well worth a read: http://iamsam.hubpages.com/hub/The-Second-visit
    I was revived by reading the nice concept. And look forward to my next visit to my beginnings in faith.
    So I asked myself what can an old preacher man lend to such a good soul in this time of question?
    And the answer is as clear as a wonderful fall morning.
    Please Iamsam take a look at yourself. What a wonderful creation of God and what wonderful additions you have made to you -- that creation. A look at you revived my spirits. I am sure that if you look at you, you will likewise be inspired and refreshed at all the bounty we are given and know that you are a part of that.
    You are an inspiration to me so I believe you should be that inspiration to you.

Arise and behold the miracle. Let it lift you up and revive you.

9. BuffaloGal1960 profile image68
    BuffaloGal1960posted 10 years ago

Imagine you are pitcher of water.  Eventually it evaporates unless it is refilled.
    Therefore you must renew yourself. In my case, that means God's Word. 
    That is spiritual renewal for me.  But if I just let everything evaporate and fail to fill back up again, well, that's pretty useless.  I'd be an empty vessel then.

10. IDONO profile image61
    IDONOposted 10 years ago

I will keep it real! That's all I want when I ask a question like this. Simplicity and practical answers and something that actually takes action that I can do today. So I'll try.
         Sit down and make a list of everything that you have in your life; tangible and intangible. Now, with all the honesty you can muster, divide that list into two. One that are "wants". And one that is "needs". When you see how much larger the "wants" list is compared to the "needs" , stop.  Now, find something to read that gives you a good understanding, (not definition) of the word "Gratitude". Then, go somewhere and do something (anything) good for someone without them knowing it. When you are done, say a little "Thank You" prayer, reflect on what just happened, and I promise, your spirit will be revived.   Good Luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)