After the Obamacare fiasco would you now say Obama is a LAME DUCK?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (27 posts)
  1. tsadjatko profile image66
    tsadjatkoposted 10 years ago

After the Obamacare fiasco would you now say Obama is a LAME DUCK?

Three more years to get what done? How many more shoes are there to fall. Three years is a long time to get at the truth of all these "phoney" scandals.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8511569_f260.jpg

2. The Frog Prince profile image71
    The Frog Princeposted 10 years ago

Lemme see here.  If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be a (see link)....

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv17 … 357f24.png

3. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 10 years ago

Lame Duck might just qualify as the understatement of the year award winner.

tsadjatkoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Even the NY Times said this: The disastrous rollout of his healthcare law not only threatens the rest of his agenda but also raises questions about his competence! Mike, ya know what lame duck means? Or did you just want to call him another name? Duh

4. CarolAnnHeadrick profile image60
    CarolAnnHeadrickposted 10 years ago

If you think he's a lame duck, you are misunderstanding progressives. The progressive march continues like the Energizer Bunny. The EPA is infringing on our rights, Common Core continues to indoctrinate our children, coal plants are closing, money is pouring into his cronies & supporters pockets, & who knows what the IRS & NSA are up to. A main focus of progressives is our electoral process & voting processes. Our congress does not have control over this administration.

That's for sure - if there is a lame duck anywhere it's the congress, but hopefully only one more year of that. Maybe it would have been more appropriate to have posed the question "After the Obamacare fiasco would you now say Obama is a LAME QUACK?"

2. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point.  It may be his priorities are much different than ours, and he is meeting all of his goals.

5. jdw7979 profile image71
    jdw7979posted 10 years ago

Yes, and he was positioned to be right after his election, regardless of this ACA mess. Impeachment hearings should commence because of numerous unconstitutional acts committed by this White House. Sadly, the moderate progressives on the right will do nothing.

6. junkseller profile image79
    junksellerposted 10 years ago

Do you even know what the term lame duck means? Or did you just want to call him another name? If you think he has less power and is going to sit around on his hands than you are oblivious to reality. You can bet he'll be working hard, especially leading up to the mid-term elections, at which point the Affordable Care Act will be running smoothly, Democrats will be asking conservatives why they have intentionally prevented people from having healthcare, and conservatives will be still be talking about the fake scandals that no one else cares about.

1. profile image0

While I sometimes agree completely with your views, I am curious why you feel nobody cares about the "phony scandals?"  The IRS should be crucified for using their power to play politics for one party.  Benghazi should not go unanswered.

2. tsadjatko profile image66

Keep talking, it's entertaining to watch someone make a complete fool of himself not to mention educational.

3. junkseller profile image79
      junksellerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

OP, well heck, I could be wrong, but if the country sat down and made a list of things important to them, I think it is only a small minority who would have Benghazi and IRS in the top 10. Many wouldn't have it on the list at all.

4. profile image0

JS, There are probably many people who have never even heard of these scandals.  I don't think they talk about them on the cartoon channel or the honey boo boo show.  Many can't even name the Vice President.  No wonder we are in trouble.

5. tsadjatko profile image66

Well heck, guess this didn't mean anything to you - suppose it might if it was your son or your mother if you were killed because of this admin's neglect. I suppose you'd want them to lie to your mom, yeah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5f5r7NMM0E

6. profile image0

My guess is there is a deep dark secret about Benghazi we will never know.  I'm thinking our government would be very embarrassed if the world knew what was really going on in the embassy.  They would rather take the heat than tell the truth.

7. tsadjatko profile image66

JS make a list of what's important? You think that's meaningful analysis of "phony"? how about a poll
      Benghazi  Just 17% call it a phony scandal.
      NSA 26% call that a fake scandal,
      DOJ 31% fake,
      IRS only 33%
      The vast majority say these are serious

8. profile image0
      SassySue1963posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Only time will tell but I see this Obamacare fiasco being the ticket for the GOP in 2014. All the polls show the same atm as well. Running smoothly is just hope in the wind right now.

9. tsadjatko profile image66

I'll buy 15 of those tickets :-) As for my house we will not serve the state.

10. junkseller profile image79

OP, The whole government is a deep dark secret. We've let go of the reigns of our democracy. That's the real problem. Whether Benghazi has a secret or not, I don't know. If so, it's just a drop in the bucket and still just a symptom.

11. profile image0

JS, I could not agree more with your last comment.  We have definitely lost control if we even ever had control.

12. tsadjatko profile image66

Well that's intellectual honesty for you JS goes from "conservatives will be still be talking about the fake scandals that no one else cares about." to "The whole government is a deep dark secret"  Is there a psychiatrist in the house?

13. junkseller profile image79

You are the one, once again, not understanding what I am saying. Not sure how a psychiatrist will help you with that, but it is encouraging that you are seeking help.

14. tsadjatko profile image66

I agree - I never understand what you are saying, nor does any one else - not because there is anything wrong with us but you are the problem, or have a problem expressing yourself. The one correct thing you have said is I don't understand your cmnts

15. junkseller profile image79

The list of people saying they don't understand me is one person long: you.

16. tsadjatko profile image66

Right again...cause nobody else is listening :-) Tell you what I'll do for you. Your persistence deserves a reward so I'm choosing your answer as the BEST answer. Don't want you to think I don't respect your different opinions of the same point.,

7. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8515212_f260.jpg

There ARE more apt descriptive words for Obama besides lame duck.  Lame duck is the most lukewarm and mildest of descriptive adjectives.  There ARE more ways to describe Obama but such words are unsuitable for polite company.  Here is my visual thoughts regarding the matter at hand:

What is that the Obama liar? ....whoops I mean lair. (typos, don't you just hate them?).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)