How do you believe we ended up on this planet. Who is right Religion / Science o

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Martin-ddp profile image82
    Martin-ddpposted 10 years ago

How do you believe we ended up on this planet. Who is right Religion / Science or something else

Came across this theory on the internet about how two aliens that where cast out from there own society for being to warlike. They were sent to a planet called Earth. Here they found very primitive humans which they mated with. This than explains the sudden change & gain of knowledge in human history in other word the missing link. These aliens were called Adam & Eve. What do you think is Right Religion / Science / Evolution or something else.

2. Electro-Denizen profile image83
    Electro-Denizenposted 10 years ago

My most recent hub is about admissions from various people including ex astronauts that there are extra terrestrials - science even backs the likelihood of habitable planets now, the stats in a universe as big as this dictate this - but are aliens the origins of Mankind? Why not just as likely as anything else

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. Just except the fact that you are the answer.

1. Electro-Denizen profile image83
      Electro-Denizenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I read a great phrase once which goes something like: the search for meaning is like cutting a ball open in search of its bounce...

4. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 10 years ago

i like how you put science and evolution in 2 different categories. what i think is that christianity is right for various reasons. i think we can know  A god exists for philosophical reasons. then forensic type science and archaeology can lead you to which one is the correct one.

5. Paul K Francis profile image84
    Paul K Francisposted 10 years ago

We ended up on this planet because we began on this planet. Many millions of years of evolution precede us. At some point, much more recently at these time scales, some ape- like ancestors of ours decided to stand and then learned to walk; their brains began to grow to enable them to think of ways to use their newly freed hands. I don't think anyone knows why we first stood up; perhaps it was to reach for some desired food, maybe in the form of a piece of fruit hanging from some tree in a garden somewhere. Hey, you never know.

6. edhan profile image36
    edhanposted 10 years ago

I do not know about the past history but I do believe that we are being created for a purpose in life. I believe in God or higher being which created us. We are here to learn and discover the way of enlightenment. It is a journey in life to find our own path. I am in search of my own path where it will end when my time is up.

7. mintinfo profile image62
    mintinfoposted 10 years ago

Have you ever studied how a mass of hot Lava can rise up in the middle of the Ocean and in a few years it has life growing on it? The wind carries Life to it and Algae from the Ocean clings to it and grows. Life is the most resilient force in the universe.

Now consider these possibilities
    1) If we are constantly being bombarded by Meteors, why couldn't some of them carry life from some distant origin? That Life then grew from simple Amino Acids to form complex organisms

2) If you understand the Electromagnetic Spectrum you will know that Light is merely a small fraction of it. Matter can form from abstract sources. In Dohgon Spirituality we call it a permutation process. In Science they are known as Quarks. What if an advanced race of beings who understand how to transport complex information (DNA) through Light were to send Life out into the Galaxy in hopes that it may find a suitable place to germinate and grow?

Dohgon Spirituality says that Life is the result of an intelligence(Dark Energy) that does not exist in this dimension. Matter along with Life is just an exercise in the ability of that Dark Energy to exist outside of itself. When we gain a better understanding of Black Holes we will understand the origin of Life.   

I would much rather believe in that than in a story of some bored beings who decide to create humans in their own image then begin to fight over who will control us. If God is all powerful then creating descent in his beings is merely for his amusement. It comforts our ignorance though which is quite satisfactory for some.

8. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

Interesting science fiction, but an old idea.

There is one interpretation of the Bible that pegs the "Adam" and "Eve" of the Garden as symbols representing all of the spirits who fell from grace. That would be you, me and everyone else on this planet (not the bodies they wear).

The Great Fall was a spiritual one just as the Salvation of which Christ spoke is a spiritual one. Nothing physical. No sex. No blending of species. The physical stuff came later, when the rescue mission got under way. Homo sapiens was created to house the catatonic children of God -- to give them temporary continuity of consciousness so that they could work out their escape and return to Heaven.

Science studies the products of creation. Religion and spirituality study the sources of creation. Both complement each other.

http://thebibleshiddenwisdom.com/scienc … ligion.php

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)