November is National Adoption Month. Have you adopted a child or ever considere

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image82
    Faith Reaperposted 10 years ago

November is National Adoption Month.  Have you adopted a child or ever considered adoption?

Have you adopted a child or have you considered adoption?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8527248_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

Nope. I just happen to make beautiful babies and people. Both my wives think so. But I have always wanted to adopt. I think it makes people special. Both the adoptee and the adopter. I promote the notion whenever I can.

As you know I am adopted. And life is very good.

Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dear Eric, thank you so much for commenting.  Yes, God bless the lovely ones who adopted you and obviously showed you what it means to love.  It does make very special people indeed ... : ) Hugs to YOU and yours

3. Sunny River profile image60
    Sunny Riverposted 10 years ago

One of my best friends is adopted and she and her parents are some of the most wonderful people I know. If I couldn't have my own kids I would adopt in a heartbeat (by which I mean as long as the process took, lol). I have actually considered adoption in the future regardless. smile

Hi Sunny River, thank you so much for answering.  Awesome, and I am so glad to know you have actually considered adoption in the future : )

Blessings

4. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 10 years ago

Well i haven't adopted any. However, I was adopted myself. Ended in the wrong way. My whole life is a series of craziness. It should be a reality show. It was great at first. In the end, the fact that I was adopted came back to me. Making it very easy for them just to push me away when I was old enough to move out on my own. Even though , the rest of my family claims me. The parents however, do not.

Hello cjarosz,  thank you for answering.  I am so sorry about your personal situation.  I am glad the rest of your family cares for you.  Hugs

5. bethperry profile image83
    bethperryposted 10 years ago

I am adopted, and although I have been blessed with four of my own children, I have thought of adopting. I feel I still have a lot of love to spare smile

Hi bethperry, thank you so much for answering.  That is wonderful.  If you already have been blessed with four of your own and still want to adopt, you surely do have a lot of love to share!  Bless you!

6. Kal-ee-ay profile image59
    Kal-ee-ayposted 10 years ago

My husband and I are going through the process now. I didn't realize it was National Adoption Month. It's funny because we contacted the attorney to start the process in November--I guess we were inspired!

Dear Kal-ee-ay, what wonderful news!!! Congratulations and many blessings.  Thank you so much for sharing.  That is some kind of inspiration for sure, the best kind!  Hugs

7. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 10 years ago

I would adopt, if I could, every child who did not have a good mother or good father to raise them.  There are so many out there who deserve love and affection and are met with loss, abandonment, hate and harm.  I've always considered adoption a blessing and encourage others to do so.

Hi dragonflycolor, I am sorry that I just saw this comment!  Yes, there are so many who need a loving home to grow up in for sure!  That would be lovely if you were able to adopt one day.  Blessings and Happy New Year!

8. jlpark profile image80
    jlparkposted 10 years ago

We have talked a lot about adoption - however, until VERY recently it was not really an option in our country due to the Adoption laws and Marriage laws from the 1950s. Since the change of the Marriage Laws in New Zealand, we are now legally able to adopt but adoption in New Zealand is a long, slow process with much fewer adoptions these days than when my friends were adopted.  The only other country that would allow my wife and I to adopt currently is South Africa.

It's not something we have ruled out though. I'd really like to, and I know my wife would too. We'll probably re-look at it once our child is born (due March 2014), as to whether to go the Adoption route for child number 2, or the IUI route we've gone this time.

I would really love to give a child the love, home, care, and stability they need to thrive - I have a lot to give, as does my wife.

Than you jlpark for answering. I do hope you are able to adopt as well. Every child deserves a loving home to grow up in for sure. Happy New Year, Faith Reaper

2. Ericdierker profile image46
      Ericdierkerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

this was a present to this old adopted boy. I thank all you moms who "give us up to a better life" and all you crazy mommies who just love us to death. I hope that in return for my life rather than abortion I help one person love more deeply or live.

3. Faith Reaper profile image82

That is so sweet Eric, and I am sure you have done so already!  Happy New Year!

9. profile image0
    greeneyedblondieposted 9 years ago

It sounds like a great idea. I'd love to someday in the future. I can't right now but in the future I will definitely consider it.

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi greeneyedblondie, oh, I do so hope it becomes a reality in your life. You will bless a child's life in doing so.  Blessing always

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)