Do you have a Christmas Eve Dinner and a Christmas Day Dinner at your house?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 10 years ago

Do you have a Christmas Eve Dinner and a Christmas Day Dinner at your house?

Do you have both a Christmas Eve Dinner and a Christmas Day Dinner, or if you have one, then do you go elsewhere for the other?  Thank you for answering.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8546683_f260.jpg

2. W1totalk profile image46
    W1totalkposted 10 years ago

I know previously because there was work done in the kitchen Christmas Eve, Christmas Day dinner would be simple more of an exchange and social event.

Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi W1totalk, thank you so much for answering. Yes, a lot of work to be done on Christmas Eve for sure! Blessings

3. Jackie Lynnley profile image86
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 10 years ago

I have my own custom I started when my children were real small. I cook on Christmas Eve Day enough for that day and the next. Breakfast and one meal each day since there is so much snacking.  Like we have mashed potatoes with that meal but I have potato salad and deviled eggs, cranberry, raisin sauces, all kinds of extras saved over for Christmas Day. I always fix two meats and there is plenty left over and the rolls can be popped in the oven or microwave to rewarm. Desserts a plenty, and I do a buffet on Christmas Day so there is no labor or cooking and no one has ever complained and there is always more than enough. I have a favorite Christmas Day night snack myself. Turkey breast peppered on a roll with jelly. Got it by accident years ago and just loved it. Try it some time, why don't you?

Hi Jackie, sounds like you have it covered perfectly for both days and plenty to spare. That turkey breast on a roll with jelly does sound wonderful. Due to traveling when my children were small, I would have a Christmas breakfast.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image86
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You will have to tell us about that sometime. I never heard of Christmas breakfast. You mean like turkey gravy and eggs? J/K

3. Faith Reaper profile image83

Lol...no a special Christmas casserole with cranberry nut and pumpkin breads and special spreads and jellies too. Now I usually have a Christmas Eve dinner as we travel on Christmas Day.

4. Sparklea profile image61
    Sparkleaposted 10 years ago

Hi Dear Faith smile
    Dave and I go to his brother Steve's house on Christmas Eve.  We have been doing this for years.  He lives alone, as do his other brother, Jim, and his dad, Ed. 

Steve makes a delicious sausage and pasta soup, orders a pizza and wings, and serves chip and dip.  We always bring an ice cream cake for dessert.

On Christmas day, they all come to our home for dinner, including my daughter, granddaughter, Samantha and grandson, Steven, great grandson, Connor, and my sister, Lynne.  We always cook a big turkey and ham dinner with all the trimmings. 

This has worked out great over the years.  Our nephew and wife usually come too, but they have other plans this year. 

We usually have the family arrive around 3:00 in the afternoon to give our big turkey ample time to cook. 

Two years ago, we got rid of our big living room, and we had it remodeled into a dining room, as our kitchen was so crowded and tight.  We bought a big oval dining room table and chairs, and it is one of the best things we have ever done.  We also got rid of the carpet (four cats results in a lot of cat hair), and we had a beautiful wooden floor installed.  So much easier to clean and mop.

We have a lot of fun and laughter, and it is wonderful to have the family all in one place for a few hours.  We also play Christmas music to add to the ambience.  Nothing like the smell of a turkey when walking into a home on the holidays!  And, of course, I always make my homemade cinnamon buns.

God bless, and I will be in touch with you soon.  We are still recovering from Thanksgiving, which was great!   Blessings, Sparklea smile

Dear Sparlea, thank you for sharing in your family's festivities and joy!  May God bless you and yours this Christmas and each day of the year.  We are recovering too from Thanksgiving : )  Hugs

5. jaydawg808 profile image80
    jaydawg808posted 10 years ago

Yes! We have both. One is with immediate family, the other is with extended family.

Hi jaydawg808, thank you for answering.  Yes, that is how we usually do it too.  Usually Christmas Eve at my house, and then Christmas Day at other family members' house.  Blessings to you and yours

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

nope never. Just drop by KFC ( kentucky fried chicken ) for a decent meal.

Hi peachpurple, sounds like a plan to me!  Blessings to you and yours.

7. teaches12345 profile image77
    teaches12345posted 10 years ago

Yes, we have a Christmas day dinner at our home.  We serve all the traditional favorites like pot roast, lemon pies, ham, mashed potatoes and pastries.  It just makes the celebration even more special.

Hi Dear teaches, thanks for answering and sharing your delicious menu for Christmas day dinner ... so delicious!  Merry Christmas to you and yours sweet lady.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)